[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 173 KB, 1320x876, 1570900361053.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15918745 No.15918745 [Reply] [Original]

Do you ever wish you'd invested in a different career path?

>Previous Thread:
>>15898237

>> No.15918777

>>15904829
I only know two other traders in real life, and they're both part-time. One likes to trade options, and my brother likes to trade forex. I stick with crypto and mostly bitcoin. I'm not really in to alts.

I do have a multi-monitor setup, but I don't think there's any shame in that. It helps me with both my programming and my trading work.

The only time I talk about trading is when people ask me what I do for work. I don't bring up the topic myself. (If asked, I have to admit I do like talking about it, because I find trading fascinating.)

>>15908334
Programming used to be something I did for fun, and I'm just now rediscovering the fun of it now that I'm using it to directly improve my own life by building the tools that I personally want.

>>15908706
> What do you trade besides crypto.
Nothing.

> What happens when you have a negative month?
I haven't had one yet. If I don't fuck up too bad, I should have enough bitcoin to weather the storm. Otherwise, I'll be homeless.

> Is it not too stressful to depend on trading alone to make a living?
I got to the point where wagecucking hurt way more. It is spiritually destructive to man, especially if you have hide your power level, because life starts to feel dishonest when you can't say in public what you really believe. Maybe normie life was more tolerable before I learned about the jews and everything they played a hand in subverting, but I can't deal with it anymore. It hurts me too much to hold everything in.

>> No.15918790

>>15908706
> Is it not too stressful to depend on trading alone to make a living?

On a more practical note, if it feels too stressful to rely on trading, it's probably because you don't have good risk management. You have to go in to every trade knowing ahead of time what you can lose, and being OK with that. If you're not, you have to figure out why and fix it.

There are techniques you can use to find setups that really minimize risk and get you tight entries that allow you to also have tight stop losses.

It's like boxing. It's the art of hitting AND not being hit. People forget about the not being hit part, but trading is like that too. There's a defensive side to trading that's huge, because it keeps you alive. The book by Alexander Elder that I recommended earlier goes over his trading style that has great offensive (TA) and defensive (risk management) characteristics that really appealed to me. I recommend "Come in to my trading room" by Alexander Elder. Some guy in TradingView's chat rooms recommended it to me, and it really helped.