[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 172 KB, 1000x1000, 027.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15758409 No.15758409 [Reply] [Original]

Wouldn't ever have thought of doing this but recently been thinking of doing GEM before immigrating to the USA. I'm a 22 yo bloomer with 10 btc, applying to medical school in a few weeks. I was unaware that 1) it was possible to immigrate to the US and 2) just how fucking much everyone gets paid there/how cheap everything is. As a doctor I'd be looking at £300k+ after a 4 year residency and academic record very strong 4A* half arsing it, first (at admittedly mediocre uni) so doubt I'd have a problem getting onto a program.

Even if btc moons to £200k in 5-10 years it will only be worth a few mil, but if I'm in the US I'm going to have more money than it's possible to spend regardless so what's the point. Why not sell them now, get about £80k so I can live like a king through medical school then have infinite money in muttland anyway?

The only flaw I can think of is if dismuld dronkf stops international grads getting onto US residencies so I'd have to stay in uk where you don't make anywhere near as much and I'd have cucked myself out of main income source.

>> No.15758459

>>15758409
Immigration laws are for illiterate subhumans. US notoriously brain drains other countries of there credentialed talent.

>> No.15758512

>>15758459
You don't think there's a risk of Trumpy making it more difficult?

I'm good (easily top of secondary/high school without even trying) but certainly not a genius