[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 194 KB, 1080x1080, stellarae.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15533282 No.15533282 [Reply] [Original]

Post what you're scheming up on the side.

First, reply to the person above you:

1) why their idea sucks
2) what they would have to do to make it successful (let's say multi millions profit)

I'll go first:

I'm going to start an Amazon affiliate shop that does niche product comparisons with a killer template and perfect onpage SEO. I haven't decided the niche yet, but probably some consumer tech shit like Drones...but way less saturated. Gonna do keyword research first using Google's keyword planner and Keywordshitter.com (yes its a real site). I am going to try to set this all up in <2 weeks so that if it turns out to be a bust, then I didn't waste too much time on it.

>> No.15533321

>>15533282
1) Haven't even decided on the niche yet. That's the secret sauce, because everything is saturated af, and a good untapped niche can make even the dumbest mofo mountains of cash with barely any proper effort.

I once made a very shitty web store which was nothing but a picture of the product and a PayPal checkout button, written in notepad. And my only marketing was a single YouTube video, shared once in the largest Facebook group related to the niche, and shared once to the niche subreddit. And I managed to make 6 digits before competitors started popping up, and I had to step up my game.

2) Actually find a good untapped niche.

My idea:
I've saved up good money with my web store, enough for like a decade. But my niche is dying.

So I plan to learn to daytrade (stocks, forex crypto, whatever works), earning 1% per month on my "trading money" (which is like 10% of my net worth) is more than enough for me to live on and even have disposable income left over.

I have a bit of experience trading the 2017 crypto bull market and 2018 crypto bear market, and I have a few strategies that are usually profitable (basically variations on mean reversion), just hoping to practice and learn more to be consistently profitable daily before my niche dies out.

>> No.15533618

>>15533321
is day trading a meme or do people really make money doing it? I have no experience on this side..

my thoughts: import kevlar fabric from US and sell to local hong kongers, they can stitch it into their umbrellas to deflect rubber bullets. I’ve even been thinking to make a pop up webstore for riot gear, but i wouldn’t want my name on anything and would be hard to accept crypto payments and advertise on fb while completely anonymous

>> No.15533648

>>15533282
>he doesn't understand that amazon is his competition.
>he thinks amazon is a 'marketplace'
>he's going to pay money to beta-test marketing ideas and give to bezos for free

>> No.15533663

>>15533618
>foreign guy selling riot gear to protesters in brutal dictatorship
what could go wrong, really

>> No.15533671
File: 79 KB, 1024x768, BAB8536C-1591-492C-BF8E-05CD383B78D5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15533321
1) why learn to daytrade when you could just put that money into a high yield dividend etf or something with some returns? Less risky still could easily pull 1% a month.
2) want to start up some kind of kombucha project with the goal of eventually growing portions of the ingredients (lemongrass, mint, etc) and selling bottles

>> No.15533878

>>15533663
I lol’d

>> No.15533934
File: 91 KB, 400x333, 1563772660444.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15533671
1) only art hoes drink kombucha, and they do so ironically. the market isnt big enough
2) I've been working on a trading bot for the past week. I had already outlined it and I've finished the most difficult part, which was actually learning how to scrape data off the markets and converting it into usable formats and methods for the algorithm to actually read.
This week I'm going to try and hammer out the "decision making portion" by weighting each of the indicators I've noticed to be consistent with future movements and triggering shorts and longs based on the score from the weights and threshold values that work best on historical data