[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 346 KB, 2048x1724, wagie pledge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1546408 No.1546408 [Reply] [Original]

All the hard work is eventually going to pay off right?

>> No.1546412

Test

>> No.1546426

"All men are created equal"

Biggest lie ever told.

>> No.1546458

>>1546408
No. 1

Living in America is great. I honestly wouldn't want to live in another country. I am grateful for that.

No. 2

True enough.

No. 3

There are such things as "bad jobs" i.e. jobs that don't pay shit, don't provide benefits, and don't provide for a reasonable work environment. These jobs should be avoided in favor of jobs that do at least one of the above.

No. 4

Somewhat good advice, if used properly. I would suggest applying your passion at a worthwhile, profitable endeavor like entrepreneurship or developing a new skill/talent. Don't apply your passion to flipping burgers.

No. 5

Debt isn't necessarily bad. People go into debt all the time to finance business ventures or innovative, new products and services. However, going into debt by making stupid financial decisions like buying a car you obviously can't afford (when there are cheaper alternatives) is pants on head retarded.

No. 6

I agree

No. 7 is terrible advice.

The employee who is "happy" to do all of the crap work is the employee who will be given all the crap work, all the time. Moreover, don't think management will promote the guy who does all the crap work. Why? Because then they will lose the guy who does all the crap work.

No. 8
>find a new job

That's easy, right? Not even crap jobs are easy to find nowadays.

No. 9 is fine advice.

No. 10 is somewhat true, but it discounts the effects of genetics and chance that come into play in everyday life, not to mention being born. People are often products of pure chance.

No. 11 is true enough, but it shouldn't be taken and accepted on its face. The implication, in this context, is that the world isn't fair and we must accept it and be content in our shitty situation, because, hey, the world isn't fair.

No. 12

All people are not created equal.

>> No.1546460

>>1546408

I'm too drunk to believe in that horseshit.

There are shitty jobs, and most of them only pay enough to keep momma off your ass by paying rent for your old bedroom.