[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 481 KB, 697x506, happyend.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15130529 No.15130529 [Reply] [Original]

It seems everyone is leaving work now. Earlier this year we had a bunch of people in the office. One kid left to study (((philosophy))) in grad school. One of the senior execs just left abruptly. And we had a developer leave without even saying goodbye the other day (I assume he was fired, for what I don't know). But there are less and less people in the office. Same with my friend's office. Everyone I know who works in retail has been getting their hours slashed. A lot.

And if you stay in your office you end up doing the jobs of like 10 people at once. It's just even more demands on you. When all the others are going on 2-week vacation, on maternity leave, paternity leave, family leave, going on disability, or just otherwise leaving without a trace. Whenever someone leaves I feel a sense of calm and happiness for them, I'm glad they're not in the office anymore, I hope they're doing better now. No one is coming in to replace them though. There's hardly anyone in here now. We just had another developer go full remote too. They are dropping like flies. It's crazy.

So work is over, right? Because I feel like it's over. It feels like those few weeks before summer vacation starts. No one gives a shit anymore. I'm in Northeast US by the way.

>> No.15130553
File: 182 KB, 866x635, 1565025966110.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15130529
>And if you stay in your office you end up doing the jobs of like 10 people at once.

>> No.15130599

>>15130553
NEET will you please get in the office already, I have like 20 tickets open. In a just world, you would be coding 10 of them and I'd be coding 10. For God's sake, NEET.

>> No.15130601

>>15130529
>It seems everyone is leaving work now
big mistake

>> No.15130613

I'm a Zoomer who works in an office with 90 percent boomers and it's awful. They don't listen to my ideas and think they are always right. Currently have a problem with the IT department because it's two boomers who don't know Jack shit and I keep having to do their job and then get yelled at when I actually fix their problems (Boomer egos are fragile)

>> No.15130919

I’ve noticed a shift from long term permanent staff to a revolving door of contractors. Makes for a hectic office where nothing really gets done ‘properly’ and the permanent staff are left to clean up the mess after getting paid a third of the contractors.