[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.58 MB, 300x212, 1553649198140.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15031069 No.15031069 [Reply] [Original]

So I'm looking to create a Freelancer type website, but I can't decide if I should go with a WordPress template or clone script, or if I should just bite the bullet and pay to have the whole thing built from the floor up. Does /biz/ have any advice for me? Have their ever been any successful websites that originated from cookie cutter templates or clones?

>> No.15031260

Figure it out for yourself. No handouts on this board faggot.

>> No.15031324

>>15031260

I'm not looking for a handout, you retarded nigger. I'm asking for /biz/-ness advice.

>> No.15031340 [DELETED] 

>>15031069
What kind of freelance website and how much money we talking?
t. lite webdesign god

>> No.15031441

>>15031069
>and pay to have the whole thing built from the floor up
building from the floor up is simple, as long as the plans are. Its when you start building sideways, mobile, tablets, watches, whatever the fuck appears next week - you run into problems and keeping all that shit in grip gets expensive. SO, either a REALLY simple site (freelance - ppl just want to see 1-4 works, samples of, and a contact form), OR, 34% of the internet cant be wrong, and go for wordpress. It does deals with a load of compatibility shit for you. Just pick a good wp template (ie lesser used one, none of this single page endless scrolling bollix), keep it fresh, you gold. Reinventing the wheel, unless super-creative or some shit, it'll get old quick

>> No.15031476

thanks newfag for your og gif gift now go back to lurking

>> No.15031481

>>15031340

Basically, something like Freelancer or Upwork: people sign up as either a freelancer or a client, freelancers make profiles, clients post jobs, freelancers place bids on the jobs and get hired, and then the website gets a percentage of the agreed upon price once the transaction is complete.