[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 31 KB, 660x574, B0EED5D7-1E3C-47EA-B714-FA1BD4E76B1A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14727223 No.14727223 [Reply] [Original]

In late 2017, during the alt rush, I did a few transactions on ethereum, then nano and ark. I was blown away at the speed and how much better than BTC they were. I also got into XMR and was amazed at the privacy feature. At one point, my portfolio was entirely Ark, Nano, Eth, XMR, REQ, and ICX. I quickly tripled my stack to 30 BTC value, but I didn't sell. During the bear market, I bought back 2 BTC (suicide insurance) and then got China hustled by buying a Vechain Strength X node for $55,000.

I also tried out EOS right before mainnet and knew for a fact that EOS was better than ETH, simply due to ease of use and speed, so bought 2k EOS right before mainnet between $10 and $17.

Now, my portfolio is worth 4.66 BTC. Had I just bought and held bitcoin I would have over $120,000 USD portfolio right now but instead it's only $54,500.

I am literally beholding these alts to dump if (and that's a big if) they ever recover in satoshi value.

I dont understand this market, and its eating me alive. I have made and lost so much money and never took profits. People on here spew 2017 alts dont have a future, but Vechain, EOS, and nano are phenomenal projects. It just hurts so bad believing in something that never became a reality. I have no clue why prices are so low and I dont have any more fiat to DCA but honestly I still believe that these projects have a use case and a place in the future, but right now, I just want my money back

>> No.14727248

Stop letting your emotions control you and learn to sell the top.

>> No.14727251

>>14727223
I too bought btc and eth late 2016.
I too traded my btc and eth for shitcoins
I too didn't take profits
I too wish I had just held my main 2
I too fucked up

>> No.14727357

>>14727223
I fucked around with 2 btc '14 and '15 when everyone was talking about how the block halving was going to spike prices. It didn't and I sold my btc at a loss to go on vacation between jobs. I don't regret it. I'm getting back into crypto now though and have bought link at >$3. Let's see how truly stupid I am.

>> No.14727491

Thanks for your sacrafice anon.
We are in an alt bear market and a Bitcoin bull market.

Although the Bitcoin blockchain is slow and old it can be used to transact in BTC which is valuable because the internet has collectively decided it's digital gold.
In the last alt season there was a belief that if one of these blockchains can show that it has better tech than Bitcoin's blockchain then the value of its native asset (e.g. Nano) would also increase and overtake Bitcoin. This time, it's irrelevant.

At least this is the current market psychology. This could change, for example if Bitcoin's txfee gets ridiculous again it might cause people to revive the idea that an alt coin can overtake Bitcoin simply because Bitcoin's blockchain has become unusable.

Ironically, because Bitcoin is now digital gold, everyone is just holding onto them so there's not many transactions so fees are low. For this to change we will have to make new ATH.

>> No.14727758

>>14727491
But with that being said, I have 2.03 BTC and 2.63 BTC in alts. I May hang onto the alts because I still think there’s a chance they could become more valuable if the idea is revived. I know once my alts are worth 7 or 8 BTC I’d bail again and probably miss out on shit like VeChain becoming the world logistics blockchain or some shit like that

>> No.14728179

>>14727223
Nice blog. I think you know what you have to do next.

>> No.14728293

At least you still have money left to invest. Shut up and stop crying. Many people lost everything

>> No.14728305
File: 3.20 MB, 2951x9999, nocoiners dead.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14727248
>heh we are at the top! just sold my stack, see you suckers

>> No.14728317

>>14727758
>muh alts
kill yourself you dumb summerfag