[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 32 KB, 680x680, b7d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14719602 No.14719602 [Reply] [Original]

I will have to be at some sort lunch time networking lunch type thing. Not sitting down but my boss puts pressure on me to be extroverted and all that. How do I not sperg out? How do I not have nothing to say? How do I not feel totally embarrassed by myself?

>> No.14719636

your greatest fears lead to the greatest growth. just b yourself. what have you got to lose? hopefully your boss is patient and just being out there makes him happy.

>> No.14719747

>>14719602
Take a lot of coke.

>> No.14719990

>>14719636
>just b yourself

The worst advice ever if you're a sperg. Don't be yourself. Act like everyone else and talk about nothing like everyone else. If you have nothing to say then ask questions instead. You will still technically participate, you will earn points for being a good listener and also shift the attention from yourself to someone else. Doesn't matter you don't care about it. Ask about anything if it's related to the conversation. Also don't interrupt when someone else is talking even though you know they're talking bullshit/they're wrong or just retarded because you're a sperg and you will always lose an argument and fail to argue your point in socially persuasive manner. You have only one job, you're supposed to be another brick in the wall. If you lose your cool and sperg about shit nobody wants to talk about in the most awkward way possible that wall will fall on your head and crush you like a bug. Become one with your inner NPC and if you don't have it then observe and imitate. And don't interrupt roasties ever. EVER.

>> No.14720258

>>14719602

I have a funny story related to this actually. I'm a typical socially awkward INTJ nerd type of guy and social situations like events always scared me because I'm not used to making conversation. When I got to college I decided that if I get anxiety thinking about something I'm going to do it anyways. Fraternity rush was going on and I decided to go to the chaddest sport fraternity I could find and go to their social dinner event by myself. I walked in and obviously got weird looks because I started getting awkward and not making sense, but further into the night I got more comfortable walking up to random people initiating conversations and my anxiety went away. I came back home and I felt good and definitely came out stronger socially.

Just walk up to people, introduce yourself and ask them what they do. Don't worry about being awkward because they'll probably forget who you are the next day anyways. If you really put yourself out there your boss will see that and be impressed which could lead to a promotion. This is going to sound weird but your going to feel like your flirting with guys, but it's a good skill to learn.