[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 173 KB, 600x630, Feels-Bad-Man-Frog-Enough-15.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1439575 No.1439575 [Reply] [Original]

Is there even a way to get a proper job if you have a criminal record and conviction?

Would any employers overlook what happened if you present yourself well and explain what happened for jobs that aren't for plebs?

>> No.1439582

>>1439575
Put your sociopathy to work, crimanon. Looking forward to your altcoin's ICO!

>> No.1439591
File: 128 KB, 900x600, FAST-FOOD-WORKER.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Is there even a way to get a proper job if you have a criminal record and conviction?

depends on your definition of proper job

>> No.1439593

>>1439591
>depends on your definition of proper job

Like a white collar job which actually has room to grow.

basically, is your life pretty much over if you have a criminal conviction in that regard EVEN if you've been a clean, good boy for the vast majority of your life, have a Degree and have professional experience?

>> No.1439596

Most jobs don't check for a criminal record. Only if you go work at a bank or something.

And if you spend time in jail you just lie about the time spend there. Then when you get your second job you start telling the truth again.

>> No.1439597

depends on the conviction. if it's something that could come up in your job, there's no way i'd hire you. there are some specific laws that make me liable for your shit, because i hired you knowing the danger. fuck that shit, i'm not taking that risk.

if it's not related to the job - sure, if your story checks out and makes me understand how it was a singular misstep, plus you're the best qualified for the job - yeah, welcome on board. expect to be met with more suspicion than other new arrivals, but there's always a chance you can prove yourself.

>> No.1439600

>>1439597
>depends on the conviction. if it's something that could come up in your job, there's no way i'd hire you

So if you have a fraud conviction, can you never get a job in Finance again for example? Seems kind of fucked up just for one mistake

>> No.1439650

>>1439600
>So if you have a fraud conviction, can you never get a job in Finance again for example? Seems kind of fucked up just for one mistake
why? a conviction means that an independent court has weighed the evidence and found you guilty. for all intents and purposes the objective truth of the matter is, you intentionally defrauded a victim. how is it fucked up that people won't trust you with money anymore? btw, that's not just a "mistake" (mistakes do happen to everyone) - it's a fucking crime.

actions have consequences...

>> No.1439653

>>1439650
>btw, that's not just a "mistake" (mistakes do happen to everyone) - it's a fucking crime.

Yes but what if you're otherwise a clean person in your life and you've expressed remorse and want to get integrated back into society? Can such a person truly never be trusted again with people's money?

>> No.1439714

>>1439653
hence why criminal records expire. once it's expunged, you're clean again.