[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 572 KB, 700x700, 1551476034780.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14273590 No.14273590 [Reply] [Original]

Will the current system of capitalism, college > job > retirement, continue to function for much longer?

Is there anyone on here who studies this shit? I have a passing interest but can't delve too deeply into it because waging all the time. We seem to be on the precipice of some monumental, landmark change in Western economic history. I see so many products and companies based on stuff that's just a copy of a copy of a copy, completely uninspired. Or it targets such a niche market that I can't understand why anyone would waste money on it, like clothing for your pet, or subscription boxes for fans of only the Star Wars prequels, or stuff like that. It just all seems so phoned in, we talk about innovation all the time but it's like everything cool has already been made. Even movies and games have lost any nature of creativity or fun.

I don't see how such a system can continue to exist, when any given job can be easily automated, when there's no POINT to even doing most jobs other than to make $. And the point of all those useless products is just to make $. I'm not being cute by thinking I'm the first to realize tEH SHOCKING TRUTH!!!?! but dude. I feel so useless. What's the point of all this?

Can we go on this way? Will we see a society that values true happiness and the pursuit of new discoveries over hedonistic follies in our lifetime? I'm just fascinated in watching where it all will go, what will replace it.

>> No.14273686

>>14273590
>a society that values true happiness

What are you talking about? Society doesn't care about you. The government doesn't care about you. You're just a bunch of numbers to the government and even less to strangers. The cause? Overpopulation, immigration, etc. Social trust is at all time low, in my opinion. All you can do as an intelligent person is make as much money as possible. If you're not intelligent then you slave away until you die.