[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 10 KB, 490x257, disapointment.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14210031 No.14210031 [Reply] [Original]

There is no chance for me, or anyone close to my situation, to become rich/ be financially free until late 30s or 40s.

I've spent probably 4-5 years studying how someone can have the process/chance of being financially free or even rich.

quick background: Im 25, from rural south east, single, from a poor family, have a college degree (info below), make 12k-27k (some months good/others poor) a year, have 35K student debt, pay utility/rent, and at the end the month either save a couple hundred dollars, mostly break even, or loose money when shit hits the fan.

More specifically, no one can be rich/free unless they/are:

A. invest (stocks, housing, etc.) successfully with a large sum: start/peak with 100k with a easy return of 10% or greater, or have returns that yield greater than 15-25k per 6year.
B. work a job that pays 70-80k a year that is either: physically/mentality taxing, spend 50-60+ hours every week in, or work extremely dangerous jobs.
C. trade or work illegally
D. Born into a rich family or given endowment.
E. Have a talent/feature that is in natural demand (someone who can easily enter the entertainment, technology, fashion, medical, or political field)
F. Born in a good economy and country
G. Choose to be single/not start a family.
H. Skip college
I. Start a successful business on the first try.
J. Avoid bad decisions; drug addiction, jail, and/or loans.
K. Live as a minimalist

If someone doesn't have most/all achievements detailed above, there is no chance to be rich/free until later in life.

Thoughts, experience, debate, or any hard truths to be rich/financially free post here.

(The mostly-useless bachelors degree is from a university: music industry studies program, with knowledge in Production and Recording studio work; I do any audio work, recording/mixing sound, and I also work as a tech for festivals and music venues. Any /biz/bros in the same work chime in).

>> No.14210043

>>14210031
Buy and hold chainlink faggit.

>> No.14210109
File: 867 KB, 1024x768, 1560810749924.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14210031
>More specifically, no one can be rich/free unless they/are:
Your list isn't well thought out. You either don't need a line item at all or a line item is easy to achieve.

>A. invest (stocks, housing, etc.) successfully with a large sum: start/peak with 100k with a easy return of 10% or greater, or have returns that yield greater than 15-25k per 6year.
Just live frugally and save up to $100k.
>B. work a job that pays 70-80k a year that is either: physically/mentality taxing, spend 50-60+ hours every week in, or work extremely dangerous jobs.
Just live frugally and work an easier job.
>C. trade or work illegally
Not needed. Just learn discipline.
>D. Born into a rich family or given endowment.
Not needed.
>E. Have a talent/feature that is in natural demand (someone who can easily enter the entertainment, technology, fashion, medical, or political field)
And/or just have discipline and live frugally.
>F. Born in a good economy and country
I'll grant this one. Good decisions won't get you far in Afghanistan for instance.
>G. Choose to be single/not start a family.
Just find a frugal partner.
>H. Skip college
This is easy to do. Just skip it.
>I. Start a successful business on the first try.
Then don't. Just live frugally.
>J. Avoid bad decisions; drug addiction, jail, and/or loans.
This is easy to do if you have a working brain cell.
>K. Live as a minimalist
See pretty much every point I made, yeah. Don't live like a retard.

There you go - not so hard.

>> No.14210261
File: 55 KB, 600x550, spontaneo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14210031
The first thing is not getting into debt you are too much of a mentally retarded faggot to pay for.

The second thing is going to college AS PART of a greater plan towards eventual success and not just because your parents told you to like a fucking tumblerina.

The third part is knowing that YOU make more than enough money to start saving and open a very small business which would slowly but surely evolve into something bigger if you had a SHRED of self-discipline and work ethic.

Also learn how to spell "disappointed" retard.

Quit whining, man up and go be a faggot somewhere else.

>> No.14210277
File: 84 KB, 1006x1024, 1557473867340.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14210031
>(The mostly-useless bachelors degree is from a university: music industry studies program, with knowledge in Production and Recording studio work; I do any audio work, recording/mixing sound, and I also work as a tech for festivals and music venues. Any /biz/bros in the same work chime in).
Also, with the sort of brain it would take to pursue what you did, no wonder you think your line items are either necessary and/or a challenge. LMAO

If an Indian walked up to you in the streets and told you he'll take a dump on the sidewalk for $35k, would you go in debt for it? No? The same common sense should've been applied to your education.

Apologize and leave, OP

>> No.14210402

>>14210109
OP here, most of the list does align with living frugally and having discipline. I think they are some of the most "of the top" solutions. I agree if one dosen't spend money/set themselves up for disaster, that is the easiest solution.

Though, some factors: choice of employment, relationships, business ownership, and the chance of biology and environment are completely out of hand. Unless, one wanted to go against the grain on most/all of the list, it is almost impossible to live freely until late in life; grind until your old. But, Is it agreeable that most people do not want to live like college students for the rest of their life? Unless one lived off the grid or were a loner, that would be the easiest solution, but most people want relationships, a field of work, invest in land, are somewhat incentivized by the community and ultimately, Society will fuck us one way or another?

>> No.14210480

>>14210402
>I agree if one dosen't spend money/set themselves up for disaster, that is the easiest solution
Yes. Yet you go on to say...
>choice of employment, relationships, business ownership, and the chance of biology and environment are completely out of hand
None of these other than chance of biology and environment are completely out of hand
>But, Is it agreeable that most people do not want to live like college students for the rest of their life?
Yes - is it agreeable college students are retarded and lack discipline? If so, don't make decisions like one. In fact, don't even be one.
>Unless one lived off the grid or were a loner, that would be the easiest solution, but most people want relationships
Find a frugal partner.
>a field of work
Go into something profitable.

I have no idea what you get out of making such simple things sound more complicated than they are. Maybe you're trying to exculpate yourself from your poor decisions or something.

>> No.14210663

>>14210261
>The first thing is not getting into debt you are too much of a mentally retarded faggot to pay for.
I can pay the debt, its just a fact that if one dosen't have a privilege to not get into debt, its inevitable for anyone to live a better life.

>The second thing is going to college AS PART of a greater plan towards eventual success and not just because your parents told you to like a fucking tumblerina.
I chose to go to college. It was that or work in the 1000 local restaurants, used car lots, supermarkets, min. wage cuck jobs. I'm climbing the ranks around town. Slowly, but surely.

>The third part is knowing that YOU make more than enough money to start saving and open a very small business which would slowly but surely evolve into something bigger if you had a SHRED of self-discipline and work ethic.
Shit, why didn't I think of that. How do i compete with corporations and local established businesses? Is it guaranteed easy?

>Also learn how to spell "disappointed" retard.
Fuck, sorry to trigger your OCD

>> No.14210808

>>14210663
>its inevitable for anyone to live a better life.
Even if it were, you can always catch yourself with some debt because you needed a loan from the bank to start a business but as soon as you make money you pay that debt and that's it. Literal millions of people do it all the time, it's not the end of the world.

>I chose to go to college. It was that or work in the 1000 local restaurants, used car lots, supermarkets, min. wage cuck jobs. I'm climbing the ranks around town. Slowly, but surely.
Tight

>How do i compete with corporations and local established businesses? Is it guaranteed easy?
This is an argument that has never held up. Small family owned restaurants and local speakeasies will always exist independent of how many gigantic fast-food corporations spread all over the world. Old Monk rum doesn't even bother doing advertising and people still buy it, even though it's not even one of the 10 best sellers.

Give people things people want. When Netflix showed up they had to compete with Blockbuster, which eventually got destroyed by the streaming industry.