[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 6 KB, 182x276, dave ramsey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14138357 No.14138357 [Reply] [Original]

> Dave Ramsey has a 16 yr old guest on his show
>he makes $50,000
>a month

I'm 19 and this guy makes me feel like I'm wasting the fuck out of my time. I'm going to college for comp sci purely on the notion of having a stable, well paying career. it doesn't interest me at all though

if I can make a tenth of what that fucknugget pulls in, I'd be stoked. I work an entry level part time position for sales making 17.50 w/ room for growth, my parents also have their own business which is a safe plan B

should I jump college and go balls deep into starting something of my own? I couldn't sleep knowing my max income is low six figures while a guy three years younger shits my salary

>> No.14138365

also I should add that the guy making 50k/month was doing ecommerce, hence what prompted me to thinking of starting something of my own

>> No.14138412

>>14138365
get rich out of your mind. who's paying for your degree and how challenging is it for you? what'd you get on the AP?

>> No.14138417

why do you think you're special? if you had such a great e-commerce idea you would have already started it

the fact that you watch this boomer faggot makes me think you're suffering from some intense dunning kruger

stop over estimating your abilities

protip: why don't you actually come up with a viable business while you're in school? the whole point is to make connections

or are you too fucking retarded to balance school with your future dreams?

seriously anon i get it you're jealous of some larping shopify faggot.

but you're 20 years old and don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.

>> No.14138544

If you want to start an ecommerce business then do it

>> No.14138546

>>14138417

to answer, I'm paying for my degree. It isn't very challenging. My folks demanded I work at the family biz as soon as I get out of HS for at least a year, so my only option was online university (SNHU) for computer sci

>>14138417
I'm wisening up to the fact that online college is a socially isolating and completely shit move. you're right about the connections part. thinking about transferring to a local community college and then to a bigger and respected local state school afterwards

>> No.14138560

>>14138357
Yea but you don’t get to see the 1000000 others that don’t have a successful ecommerce business.

Sometimes

>> No.14138572

>>14138357
Dave Ramsey is a fucking boomer.

>> No.14138580

>>14138546
how profitable is your parents business and what is it? can you let go of the idea that snhu will lead to a six figure salar

>> No.14138695

>>14138546
no offense anon but 'online college' is even worse than i thought you were at some state school bored

dude just fucking start your little online shop if you want and finish your classes

your degree literally doesn't matter noone gives a fuck about SNHU lmao.

learn CS on your own and build projects.

we're in such different points in our lives idk what else to say