[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 48 KB, 400x343, 1543357433307.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14078637 No.14078637 [Reply] [Original]

I am so bored. I can't motivate myself to do anything productive with my huge amounts of free time. I want to do productive stuff... in the future. But right this second I have no desire to do anything. Not only that, I can't bear to give my life the slightest bit of structure because it feels like I'm admitting defeat, like I'm saying that I can only function as a cucked cog in a corporate machine, being told what to do by some middle manager normie.

I want to be able to spend all my free time learning math or programming (or actually programming) but I can't bear to do anything. Anything worthwhile will take me shitloads of work. I've already emphasized this in the past with the perfect metaphor. I'm stranded in the middle of an ocean with no land in sight and an endless distance to swim to, as the normies enjoy themselves on cruise ships.

I have no clue how to gain the motivation to do anything.

I lifted heavy weights yesterday in the gym and I'm stronger than I've been for over a year. It doesn't change much about my day to day life but it's a plus.

I have a dull office job in Vancouver that requires no work or time at the office but I still only just live paycheck to paycheck. I got a weekend part time job to actually save money but I still waste so much on coffee and junk food binges. Every one of them is the """Last Binge Ever""". Even going in to the large and shiny supermarket yesterday to buy binge food, as it was filled with uni students full of life, was sad for me. If I choose to work hard then I'll be indoors all day and miss everything. >inb4 balance. There is no cutoff before I stop feeling guilty and pained and FOMO. I feel bad at everything I do, don't do, and how I do it.

I see more and more university students lately and it's demoralising.

I read books but it is a consumercuck activity. I am going through the motions. I need to drop all the midwit shit that I read, and the stuff that I am only half-interested in.

>> No.14078688

I have read you.

>> No.14078774
File: 48 KB, 237x217, 1559444270880.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14078637
Spend just 5 minutes doing something you often feel too lazy to do, but want to learn. Chances are, you will end up spending more than 5 minutes and find out you like it, and continue.
Do you have enough discipline to commit 5 minutes?

>> No.14078809

I feel you, and i'm kinda in this positions.
Except i'm a uni cuck who only goes not to get kicked out of his house.
>Free first year of uni, tho i technically went for a semester last year.
I have a lot of free time since i don't go to lectures anyway but I don't have a job, literally wasting my fucking time tryna go on business ventures rather than focusing on getting a job.
By business venture i literally mean trying to give myself motivation to finally do something with hope of making money.
I would recommend getting a job, a different one. Being alone at home really gets to you so getting a full time job and maybe a pet will give you a lot of motivation.
Pet is to have something to care for.
But yeah, i feel lost and in the same boat.
>>14078637

>> No.14078849

>>14078637
I feel you anon

>> No.14078891

>>14078637
take 6 grams of shrooms in the forest and stop crying

>> No.14078948
File: 29 KB, 632x570, Whogivesafuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yeah I feel the same. All I have is free time (NEET) But I have no desire to work on anything or improve myself. Hell, There's really nothing worth learning or doing anyway. Why do people learn shit anyway? So they can impress others, make money or feel good about themselves. I don't need any of that shit cuz im not a self hating normalfag cuck.

>> No.14079030

You live in Vancouver. Why not bang all those Chinese girls instead of travelling to Hong Kong. You got pussy on tap.

>> No.14079048

>>14078948
A job seriously brings up that state.
Just go to work to make money that's it.
Eventually you will start to feel better

>> No.14079056

>>14078637
I'm a pathetic Canadian NEET aswell. I can't help you with the job thing but I can provide some insight on how to break the addiction to shitty food and binges.

Just do a water fast. Start with a 24 hour one and when you feel hungry drink a little concoction made up of a bit of lemon juice mixed with baking soda. Also play some vidya or whatever when you're bored and feel like eating. Once you get good at fasting and can go up to 72 hours or more and maybe do a 24 dry fast as well, start having a cold shower in the morning.

After your fast, make sure you pick foods which are not inflammatory like foods high in omega 6's, have msg...etc. So no canola oil or the normal sugary peanut butter...etc. Personally for me I just eat lots of meat, some veggies like cucumbers and seaweed plus maybe some sort of butter for extra calories. This way my total spending on food is really low since I eat the same 4-5 things all the time.

>> No.14079073
File: 148 KB, 1000x654, edmonton meme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

At least you don;t live in Edmonton

>> No.14079097

>>14078637
What the fuck when did this nigga move to Vancouver? Something's fucky

>> No.14079706

>>14078774
Boom that's the answer, end thread.

>> No.14080291

>>14079097
Maybe there were actually two of this exact same person all along. He didn't always specifically mention London in every post, right?

>> No.14080521

https://beta.forkdelta.app/#!/trade/0xb108c02a74e525ab0a59ccd3d208d2de4699a055-ETH

>not buying TRUE for 61% cheaper than other exchanges
>Doesn't know how to use real decentralized IDEXs
> Not shorting OKeX
No wonder you're poor