[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.99 MB, 222x400, 1483163807595.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14075400 No.14075400 [Reply] [Original]

Senior in EE here. Had a bunch of internship interviews, but got nothing. Sadly its already june and noone is hiring interns. Now I'm looking at getting wage slave level jobs, but I can't seem to get past the "Apply online" part.

Any advice
and summer wage slave jobs

Gotta save up to lose it all in crypto somehow

No Commission, no delivery crap
Delivering with your car ends up costing more money in the long run. And also I don't have my car for the summer.

>> No.14075490
File: 79 KB, 500x660, cash_money.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14075400
Respect the dubs /biz/raelis

I'm in the NYC/Long Island job market which is super rough. And places around here hate hiring college students, because they know we're going to quit or drop our number of hours to nothing by Late august.
This was confirmed to me by a HR person last summer. So more than likely I will be ghosting this employer in 2 months

>> No.14075603

Come on lets take a break from spamming Shitcoins and talk about real life shit. Finding a job
Wage slavery
Being a broke college student

>> No.14075670

Only responding because I was in a similar situation myself. ME in Nassau. I had to move for any real opportunities. NYC is where people go when they make it, meaning its almost impossible to start off there. Look in Suffolk for any professional office internship and make up some bullshit about how it was related to EE. When you graduate get the fuck out of the area and you'll find a job easily. Move back if you get a masters and 10+ solid experience years under your belt.

If you haven't seen the latest jobs report do so, its only going to get worse, and its going to get much worse in the DC to Boston supercity.

stop asking /biz/ for advice.

>> No.14076188
File: 24 KB, 450x340, traders_mantra.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14075670
>professional office internship
So you mean basically any office position? I know most places aren't even hiring right now.

I've been on job boards for the past month. And I'm either running into jobs I've already applied for (Some of them I applied for last year months in advance) or I'm getting job postings that have actually closed already.
The fucked up part is most of my peers got internships somewhere. Mostly on the island, and one friend going out to Amazon in Seattle. The local internships suck from what I heard, but at least they have something to put down on the resume.

I don't ever want to leave NY, because I have family here and no where else in the country.
Where did you go to Anon? Is it comparable in anyway with Glorious NY.