[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.81 MB, 390x300, 1559599417061.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14004188 No.14004188 [Reply] [Original]

Teachers get 3 months off and only work 9 months.
They teach easy to understand material. They don't have to learn new HARD skills such as how engineers and cs guys have to.
Micromanagement is minimal (no one watching you 24/7 while you actually teach. Maybe once in a blue moon and even then, only for like 10 minutes).
Their jobs aren't fast paced either. They get to sit all day as well. Most importantly, it is NOT PROFIT DRIVEN in the sense that you don't have to squeeze out your life force as much as others do on a daily bases.
Teaching is the easiest job ever (and no, I'm not "hating". It's just a fact).
Why the fuck do I see people complain everytime I state this fact?
I'm becoming a teacher. It's easier than a general labor job. Easier than a truck driving job. Easier than engineering, cs, nursing, trades, etc. AND they make a lot too in certain states.
>b-but those rotten kids! They are toxic!
Oh, shut up. Most jobs are toxic. Kids are nothing.

>> No.14004232

>Teaching is the easiest job ever

and the pay is absolute dogshit

>> No.14004254

>>14004188
I feel bad for teachers. Seriously they get paid shit and most hate there fucking job cus there students know they don't teach jack shit. No one I know doesn't even want to be a teacher. Seriously the next gen of students are gonna get fucked by the system. Remember anons put your kids in private school.

>> No.14004257

>>14004188
teacher = teacher + babysitter

>> No.14004293
File: 7 KB, 155x155, 1556133094839.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14004188
we have to work 3 jobs just to get by, anon. Meanwhile millionaires are paid millions just for working longer hours and getting much more difficult degrees

>> No.14004315

>>14004293
>Meanwhile millionaires are paid millions just for working longer hours and getting much more difficult degrees
??????

>> No.14004321

>babysitting niglets and goblino spawn
They don't get paid enough for what they deal with

>> No.14004330

I'm planning to move to Asia for a few years when I graduate to teach English. The kids there are raised right, with respect for their tutors. Also, the pay easily compensates for the low costs of living if you stick to less developed countries like Thailand/Vietnam. The goldmine for teaching lies in either Dubai or Kazakhstan at the moment. The Kazaks stumbled upon a shitload of uranium in the past century, and they are leveraging the fuck out of it to try and get foreigners to their country. Some teaching jobs in Kazakhstan pay 4-5k per month, Dubai is not far below that. Problem is, you need some experience. Get a TEFL licence, get 1/2 years experience in a shithole while banging backpacker chicks and then go to where the money is. Education in the West has failed, teachers are underpaid and overworked. Not to mention the lack of respect and the endless dealing with helicopter parents who try to bully you into giving their kids higher grades.

>> No.14004347

>>14004232
>>14004188
This. Teaching requires a masters degree for starters. Adn the pay is dogshit. I'm talking the worst pay of any field that requires a master's degree.
And the parents are the problem, not the kids. You cant' act "based and redpilled" as a teacher because parents will come for your throat and have your job on as ilver platter. Teachers also cannot work on their lesson plans while teaching, so they typically work their full workday and then do the paperwork side of teaching at home. You can't leave your work at work as a teacher.

If you think you're going to change anything as a teacher: You won't. Teachers are at the bottom of the totem pole; their ineffective teaching subjects are mandated by the board of education (which is typically elected and rarely even consists of people with teaching experience). The State mandates what you must cover. No teacher can turn their shitty high school into a useful trade school, because teachers receive all the shit legislation from the top and eat all the criticism at the bottom.

>> No.14004368

>>14004315
ikr. it bullshit we should raise taxes to pay teachers more

>> No.14004378

>>14004368
Teaching should be privatized entirely.

>> No.14004421

>>14004188
>youre tempted by slutty little girls daily

dont forget this one. most of us wouldnt make it as teachers.

>> No.14004450

>>14004378
Yeah let's just casually exacerbate the inequality

>> No.14004466

>>14004254
I've been a studdent of both private and public schooling. The difference is day and night. It's really telling when white people have to make their schools invite only and jack the prices up to give their kids a good education. I'm just glad I got to experience it, even if I didn't spend all my school years there. It was like this illusion of a better world without unchecked immigration

>> No.14004983

>>14004450
I'd rather that than pipelining kids into something that generally leaves them worse for wear than not educating them at all desu.

>> No.14005342

>>14004330
Good luck getting a job if you aren't a female or a non threatening looking soiboi. I'm White, 6'1", and above average look. Decent jaw with straight white teeth. Got a lot of responses to initial applications. After every video interview I got ghosted or told no longer needed. I finally stopped after multiple recruiters/interviewers told me they don't like hiring strong or masculine looking men because it's harder to place them. Good luck my dude.

>> No.14005371

>>14004188
Wait till they send you to school with 99% pajeets and niggers, you'll beg to get out

>> No.14005379

>>14004188
this hits me in the feels

>> No.14005395

>>14004466
I went to rich area public school and poor area public school. Thankfully only 1 year in poor area. The sheer amount of fucking brown chimpouts red pilled the fuck out of me.

>> No.14005487

>>14004188
And what do you think they do those 3 months? Hint: it involves preparing lesson plans for the upcoming school year

t. Has never taught a day in his life

>> No.14005514

>>14004188
I am a teacher at an elementary school. It sucks because everyone around you is a bluepilled fag. It is depressing because you realize you are just training future wage slaves. However, I do have more time to work on side projects and exercise then most. The grass is always greener. I don't think teaching is hard, but it is not the answer.

>> No.14006540

>>14004450
>liberal cuckery: the post
>having a /business/ is no fair bc successful people get wealthy

>> No.14006613

>>14006540
Newsflash: you won't be one of those successful people.

>> No.14006663

>>14005342
Are they afraid of you banging their students or something?

>> No.14006696

>>14004188
Teaching is absolutely fucked. You won't last a year. It's not the kids that are the problem - administrators and supervisors will make your life a living hell.

Know what else makes your life a living hell? 75% of the bosses/administrators/directors/fellow teachers are extremely arrogant/cunty women.

>> No.14006770

>>14005342
>multiple recruiters/interviewers told me they don't like hiring strong or masculine looking men
>thingsthatneverhappened

So when did everyone clap? Did the eagle perch on the flag too?

>> No.14006817

>>14004188
1.I'm a teacher
2.It's great, the best job
3.It's only great in a good school. If you end up in some bong or burger inner city hell hole you'd be better off working in literal Mcdonalds.

>> No.14006831

>>14004188
All teachers my age I know became teachers only because they failed at everything else. It’s quite literally a leftover job. Thinking that those people are influencing our kids so much is appalling.

>> No.14006847
File: 612 KB, 768x1600, 1530901688308.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14004188
I was a teacher for a while. It seems great, it actually really blows. As a likely Asperger or neet or shutin, the amount of talking is staggering. The worst part is managing 20 kids over and over. 'Teaching' is easy, its getting them to listen, to not talk, not throw stuff etc etc

>> No.14006864

>>14004321
Very true, it was always the MINOs that were the problem students.

>> No.14006874

>>14005342
This is literally the opposite of the truth, it's much easier to get a job as a man.
Since you're blogposting on biz about how handsome you are and how the world isn't fair I guess you're probably some kind of psychopath.

>> No.14006928

>>14006874
In teaching, in the US? LOL, no, /polfag. Teaching is overwhelmingly female below college level - and they're slowly taking over there, too.

A white male is seen as a liability in every state, every district. And, you're just asking for charges from a shitty girl student who's pissed you failed her.

My family used to be full of teachers - they all got the fuck out over the last decade, and told everyone to never teach. It's not worth it.

>> No.14007000

>>14006928
I said DON'T teach in shithole. In good schools male teachers are in demand.

>> No.14007015

>>14004188
>Teachers get 3 months off and only work 9 months.
Most of the teachers I know (family) have to train over the summer, or work jobs, or tutor.
>They teach easy to understand material. They don't have to learn new HARD skills such as how engineers and cs guys have to.
Don't know about re-certification, huh? You're in for a rude awakening, especially if you teach common core.
>Micromanagement is minimal (no one watching you 24/7 while you actually teach.
LAUGHABLY untrue, especially if you're white, and male.

>Maybe once in a blue moon and even then, only for like 10 minutes).
You pulled that right out of your ass.
>Their jobs aren't fast paced either. They get to sit all day as well. Most importantly, it is NOT PROFIT DRIVEN in the sense that you don't have to squeeze out your life force as much as others do on a daily bases.
I know actual teachers, they say the worst things about their jobs was A. the parents, B. the district shitheads, and C. the union shitheads. And, it's "basis", you illiterate faggot.
Yeah, it's SO MUCH FUN being threatened with a lawsuit because you failed little Timmy, because he sat in the back of the class during the test, making fart noises.
>Teaching is the easiest job ever (and no, I'm not "hating". It's just a fact).
Well, sure, if you're a lazy slacker. But have fun grading papers and homework in your spare time, huh?
>Why the fuck do I see people complain everytime I state this fact?
Because people actually doing the job know it sucks, you're just a dumbass college kid who doesn't know shit, but thinks they know it all.
>I'm becoming a teacher. It's easier than a general labor job. Easier than a truck driving job. Easier than engineering, cs, nursing, trades, etc. AND they make a lot too in certain states.
You'll be looking for a new career by the end of the first semester. You're in for a rude fucking awakening.

>> No.14007014

>>14004347
>The State mandates what you must cover. No teacher can turn their shitty high school into a useful trade school, because teachers receive all the shit legislation from the top and eat all the criticism at the bottom.
I don't think private schools have to put up with that, but I only know how public schools go so my knowledge of private schools is limited (I both went to a public school and my dad was a teacher for an inner city district at one point, both in the US)

Also, don't forget having to conform your curriculum to the standardized tests in your state!

>> No.14007043

>>14007000
In good school, they are MORE leery of white males, because rich areas are overwhelmingly liberal, you stupid fuck.
Teaching is a liberal bastion - but you keep telling us white men have a fucking hope in hell there, you larping neckbeard. You're wrong, shut the fuck up.

>> No.14007077

teachers probably work a minimum of 12 hours a day. sometimes they gotta pay for their own supplies. on top of that kids are fucking gross. 7 year old re covered in boogers and high schoolers are soaked in Walmart perfume. Shitty attitudes and having to proofread shitty essays all day. and to top it all off? You have to deal with parents. FUCK THAT

>> No.14007097

>>14004450
Julio and Tyrone are not gonna learn anything as is since they're skipping class to do gang shit, all that this will do is make the situation that is already happening legal (all kids are technically supposed to go to school at certain ages AFAIK), just like all the clowns trying to legalize weed. In the school I went to, half the non-white kids in non-advanced classes could barely read because no one gave a shit. And that was not an an inner city school either, I went to school in a rich suburb. You can either have your tax dollars pay for this shit, or have it be at least semi-privatized like how they do with colleges

>> No.14007108

>>14004347
>The State mandates what you must cover.

Literally what stops a teacher from teaching whatever they want in their class? These days, it is nearly impossible to fire a teacher whose dick has never been inside of a student.

>> No.14007142

>>14007108
>Literally what stops a teacher from teaching whatever they want in their class?
The state. If you get caught saying "These standardized tests are retarded, and I'm going to help you guys learn like humans capable of rational thought and not NPCs" you'd be canned in no time.

>> No.14007173

>>14007108
>Literally what stops a teacher from teaching whatever they want in their class?
Their bosses, dummy. What, you think teachers don't have bosses? They have a department head to answer to, along with the principal, then the district, then the state.

You cannot teach unapproved curriculum in state schools, and private schools. Period.

Why do you think homeschooling became a thing?

>These days, it is nearly impossible to fire a teacher whose dick has never been inside of a student.
Laughably, hysterically not true. Hasn't been for quite some time. Until you get tenure, you can be fired at will in most states, and even with tenure, it's not hard.

>> No.14007176

>>14007043
Please, do go on. I, an actual white male teacher, am fascinated to hear all about the teaching profession from you, a daytime masturbator.

>> No.14007184

I didn't want my own kids, why would I want to deal with someone else's?

>> No.14007263

>>14007173

How bad do teachers have to fuck up to get fired? Because I live in Florida and I've seen some teachers fuck up bad and keep their jobs. The soccer coach in my high school fucked an admittedly hot student and got (((administrative leave))) for a year.

>> No.14007505
File: 366 KB, 470x490, such sights.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14004188
>Thinks "you don't have to squeeze out your life force as much as others do on a daily bases"

Do yourself a favor and read up on Affective Labor my man. Over time anyone begins to embody that misery

>> No.14008374

>>14004232
In Canada you make six figures teaching with a masters at the end of your career and retire with a 60k pension.

Make whatever adjustment you need to for canadabux but there's plenty of places where you make a killing teaching. I know a guy who started at 90k after moving to Sweden to teach music.

>> No.14009358

>>14004188
id rather have a job where i dont have to constantly deal with a bunch of dumb ass kids.

>> No.14009478

>>14006817
>3.It's only great in a good school. If you end up in some bong or burger inner city hell hole you'd be better off working in literal Mcdonalds.

This so much. I did my teacher training in a selective girls' school which was nice to work at, but now I work at a boys' comprehensive (non-selective) school and I want to fucking neck myself every day. I'm trying to hang in long enough to get my full qualification so I can apply to good schools.

OP, look up "teacher retention crisis", you're in for a surprise if you think teaching is a cushy ride. I wish you were right but really it's a shit job and there's a good reason so many leave it within a few years of joining.

>> No.14009502

>>14004188
>Teaching is the easiest job ever

Not if you're working in a inner-city public school

>> No.14009514

>>14008374
Yes but then you have to live in canada

>> No.14009522
File: 5 KB, 250x174, 1558847021605.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14009514
AND teach canadians

>> No.14009552

Teaching is an important job because you gotta turn stupid kids into somewhat okayish young adults. Most teachers focus only on their curriculum and neglect the social attributes.
They should place 1 teacher and a psycho therapist in todays classes. Or one fucking good alpha teacher.

>> No.14009570

>>14004188
>Oh, shut up. Most jobs are toxic. Kids are nothing.
They really are not nothing. Probably quite a few shitty parents to deal with too. I remember how awful the other kids were to many of the teachers. I'd lose faith in humanity and go on a shooting spree if I was a teacher desu.

>> No.14009609

>>14004232
Im a MD and also been teaching med students at university
Incomparably easier job compared to medicine, easiest gig Ive ever had.
According to difficulty it Id rate it as 30-35k job.

>> No.14009634

>>14009609
>Teaching adults is easy

No shit.

>> No.14009637

If you are a shit teacher then it's easy. If you care about kids then its shit. The additional hours marking, lesson planning and replying to parents are not included in salary and basically fuck over your pay average per hour.

If however you don't mark, fuck lesson planning and ignore the parents I can easily see how it's a doss career.

>> No.14009861

>>14004188
There are a lot of teachers who fuck up bad and end up working too much. You have to design your life intelligently or risk alcoholic 105er burnout. Best I can tell, this is the way to go:
>work hard to standardize your curriculum during the first year
>minimize time spent grading, while avoiding administrative/parental micromanagement compelling you to do otherwise (this is the most difficult task)
>quiz/test/essay scores are at least 80% of the total grade
>homework is gimme points, check-off graded by TAs or while you're on the shitter during prep
>endear yourself to administration, senior teachers, and the athletics department
>involve yourself in extracurriculars for high functioning autists (chess club, rubiks cube etc.). Their parents are the best allies you can ask for
>get a weekend and summer gig (in my area this is usually construction related... by default you have a big pool of trusting clients in your coworkers)
everything else is general making it principles, but you can clear over a hundred grand a year in total comfort. add in a well-timed real estate purchase or two and a few thousand linkies and your life is on track for early boomerhood. Good luck OP

>> No.14010082

>>14009634
majority of students are women

>> No.14010117

Op is not a teacher, nor did he ever have a decent one. Sorry, man. Like most things, the job is what you make of it. Shit teachers exist. Great teachers exist. The shit teachers do nothing and complain how hard the job is. That gives you this false impression.

The great teachers don’t think twice about the effort, and thus are largely unrecognized. Take a step back and think.

>> No.14010217

Good teachers that care can make all the difference and are worth every penny. Teachers are underappreciated, overworked, and have to deal with unnecessary shit from students, parents, and administration.

>> No.14010526

Red pill on teaching:
>90% of all teachers are bitchy middle-aged women, libcuck, lazy or a combination of those three. As a teacher your co-workers are your worst enemy. Lazy teachers ruin the image of the job to parents, pupils and the public. Libcucks make any decent conversation in the teachers lounge impossible and even a hint of redpilling the students gets you into massive trouble. Women's gossip makes it basically a minefield if you don't want to antagonize certain groups of co-workers.
>You have to do extra-curricular activities to offset the above. You have to become "that guy" for something that everybody needs to become somewhat immune to the gossip women. Organizing a mandatory event where you can decide the schedule is a good way to do this. Also being in charge of anything related to computers is an easy way to gain massive amounts of power in a school.
>Pupils are mostly okay. Sure, in every class of 20 pupils you can expect to have 2 autists,4 ADHD/ADD and 4 undiagnosed ones + some Tourette's or other weird stuff, but they are still kids and are able to be molded. It takes some time to learn how to deal with them, but you will learn eventually. They don't teach that anywhere, but there are some books you could read about dealing with asperger/adhd whatever so you can handle the "difficult" ones. Engaging with the pupils is essential to get to know them and to learn how to communicate with them. Most difficult are the lazy ones, more on those later.
>Administration personnel is horrible. People who don't stand in front of the class try to tell you what to do and how to do it. Without tenure you have to suck it up and listen to them. Once you have tenure just ignore them and make sure they don't think they can mess with you.
(continued below)

>> No.14010601

>>14010526
>Grading papers, preparing your lessons, making examinations, ... takes MASSIVE amounts of time if you want to do it in a decent way. 95% of teachers halfass is or worse. It's a catch 22: you either succumb to the group pressure and become one of those lazy teachers with actual free time, or you become one of those rare teachers you yourself have positive memories of that actually help students. It's up to you, but either way: ALWAYS bitch about how much work you have to do. All lazy teachers LARP as hardworking ones.
>Parents, the helicopter parents in particular, are by far the worst part of the job. You can have a lazy student always picking his nose, trying to sneakily watching porn on his phone, whatever... and when you fail him his parents drop by and blame you for ruining the life of their perfect son. Also for this you need to learn how to deal with them. There are a lot of decent books with techniques on how to do parent-teacher conferences in a way that turns a hostile conversation around. I highly recommend anyone going into the teaching profession to read into this A LOT.
>The most frustrating parts of teaching are the lack of recognition. I just spend 200 hours of my life explaining math to a group of kids and they don't even say thank you or goodbye at the end of the last lesson. This gets better after a while, because once they're a bit older they tend to be very appreciative. Especially the ones who complained you gave them too much homework or the ones who claimed your tests were too difficult... once they go of the college or university most of them understand that it was actually your class that was on a decent level while are the rest was just glorified timewasting babysitting.
(continued)

>> No.14010624

>>14010601
>Best part of teaching is you have plenty of holidays where you decide yourself how and when you will do your preparations. Also that you're basically a dictator in your class room, you decide everything and if you're somewhat of a decent teacher it means you're free to decide how you teach. Plus, if you give somewhat of an effort you're automatically in the top 5% of teachers the kids ever had. Another plus is unironically that interacting with kids keeps you young. Sure, you're forced to keep up with fads such as those spinners or fortnite or whatever the flavour of the month is, but you also start to better understand what drives each generation (and I use generation here in a very broad term, as to me it seems like generations change a lot faster now because of the internet).

>> No.14010655

>>14007176
>daytime masturbator.