Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/biz/ - Business & Finance


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 165 KB, 1080x1161, Q8dtC29.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13911194 No.13911194 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Literally shaking right now

>> No.13911217

Gonna make it after all.

>> No.13911219

>>13911194
Is there a bigger tell of a scam than "hurrr we'll burn the tokens guy'ze!!"

>> No.13911313

>>13911219
Why is it a scam because they burn tokens? The team owns 5M tokens and a massive ICO whale held 7M. They came with a plan to buy back his coins over a certain period.

Personally, I'm happy they are doing this so I dont need to worry about a whale dumping on me.

>> No.13911331

>>13911313
>Why is it a scam because they burn tokens?
Why create tokens in the first place if you're going to burn them?
The only effect is you artificially reduce the supply.

>> No.13911409

>>13911194
>>13911219

And to make matters worse, they're talking about "circulating supply".
Meaning they're going to burn tokens now, and then release tokens from the non-circulating supply later.

Turbocringe.

>> No.13911463

So how much did they buy back? It only says they bought a large amount and will burn 1 mill.

>> No.13911509

>>13911463
They bough 2M will burn 1M and are using 500k for a learn and earn campaign

>> No.13911534

>>13911409
Because only 26M tokens are in circulation. Just like any other fucking project out there, there are tokens out of circulation 25M of them will never be in circulation as they are stuck in a loop between owner wallet, client wallets and validation wallet. The team has 5M token fund locked for 5 years and their big ICO whale had 7M. They made a deal with him to buy back the tokens over the next few years to remove unpredictability of a massive whale dump

>> No.13911578

>>13911409
You literally make no sense. Of course they burn tokens, just like many projects out there to increase scarcity of the asset. No idea what is so hard to understand. V-ID is legit as they come.

>> No.13911931

>>13911578
>to increase scarcity of the asset
Artificially.
Like printing money to artificially increase the supply of money.
How are you not understanding this?

>>13911534
So why would they burn any tokens?

>> No.13912136

>>13911931
Wrong. The tokens were owned by the private investor. Nothing was artificially created or destroyed. Here is a link to the telegram b/c it seems like you are confused. t.me/vidtoken

>> No.13912154

>>13912136
>Nothing was artificially destroyed.
So they didn't burn the tokens?

>> No.13912416

>>13912136
Answer me: >>13912154

Seems like you're the one who's confused.

>> No.13912525
File: 26 KB, 640x487, prBIeRn_d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13912525

>>13911331
>what are share repurchases
>what is valuation and mcap

>> No.13912560
File: 17 KB, 200x200, 1555067789935.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13912560

>>13911194

AHAHAH

2019 biz in nutshell falling for every scam in book but to be so retarded to think this is bullish!!!! HAHAHAHAH MY TIES

Burn Circulating Supply to pump up price so you can dump your bags (2x Circulating Supply in team hands)

KEK

>> No.13912577

you know your shitcoin is a scam when it plays fuck-fuck games with token buyback and burn to get attention

ride the bump then gtfo

>> No.13912585
File: 11 KB, 229x221, 1540927191166.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13912585

>>13912136
>They printed 64 milion rc20 tokens
>They burn xx amount
>Nothing was artificially created or destroyed LOL

Bonus is all fgrom project who literally does not need token or any tekonomic shananigans

>> No.13912611
File: 26 KB, 325x243, 1541586454593.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13912611

>>13912577

No you know your project is shitcoin and scam when it uses crypto/biz lingo

>"OPERATION WHALE SHRINKER"

fucking crynge!!!!!

>> No.13912628

>>13912525
What does any of that have to do with burning tokens being a scam tactic?

>> No.13912888

>>13912628
Aren't Token Burns™ a thing, because it introduces less volatility, by incentivizing long term investors to get in early and keep to keep their investment for a while?

It's a dividend model. Why are dividend a thing?

>> No.13912922

>>13912888
It's a completely arbitrary and artificial way of "make money go up now".

>hey guy'ze, we just "burned" a bunch of tokens, so the tokens you have just became rarer for some reason!

>> No.13913555

Last time I saw something fudded this hard it was LINK. Thanks for the signal biz. I will take a look at V-ID.

>> No.13913596

>>13911194
Shaking because you’re a drug and cock addict?

>> No.13913633

Binance burn tokens every quarter and look at the result. BNB at ATH.

Only an idiot would think this is a bad thing.

>> No.13913668

>>13912922
I mean, if you assign a certain amount value to something, and suddenly, there is less of that thing - of course that assigned value is going to increase, because it was valuated on how scarce that thing was to begin with?

>> No.13913708

>>13913668
It's a completely artificial way of reducing supply.

>> No.13913757 [DELETED] 
File: 97 KB, 360x346, 1532819948229.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13913757

>>13911194
Awesome

>> No.13913818

>>13913555
>Last time I saw something fudded this hard it was LINK
Did you faggot just compare a project that's trying to solve the oracle problem with a business that hashes files and sends them to the blockchain?
Are you this desperate?

>> No.13913839

>>13913708
What is the point that you are trying to make? I don't understand why artificially reducing the circulating supply is bad practice.

>> No.13913904
File: 141 KB, 900x860, 1558370946924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13913904

>>13913633

Ofc its fucking scam but bnb is scam on idustry level just because some idesx 0 liquidity shitcoin does it dosent mean its going to pump

>tf. its gona PAMP anyway desu because its idex shitcoin shiled on biz at start of bullamrket but that was not point of arguments....

>>13913555

Nice metric!
I fuded like madman bitconect, confido and substratum before you usould check them out!

Just fuded ftm claming tis not next eth to tech illiterate monekys and go grab a bag to while at it

>> No.13913951
File: 114 KB, 1080x1081, 1555416806382.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13913951

>>13913839

If someone publicly names project "whale shrinker" you can bet your ass they are calling they project "dumping on retards" in private

>> No.13913988

>>13913818
No one wastes their time and energy to comment on posts they are invested in. You probably sold and dont want this to moon again so you can feel good with your decision. Its ok just buy back its ok.

>> No.13914002

>>13913839
he's making the point that the token is not needed, they can burn the whole supply and it would pump temporarily but then the price will drop because it is shit and deserves to stay at shit marketcap.

>> No.13914010

>>13913988
arent*

>> No.13914032

>>13913988
>You probably sold
true, made x4 on this
>so you can feel good with your decision
I'm not an npc bud
>Its ok just buy back its ok.
the pnd is over, why the fuck would I do something this stupid when harmony is just around the corner

>> No.13914109

>>13913951
>>13914002
Is this some coordinated FUD?

Great contributions to the conversation we were having.

>> No.13914131

>>13913839
Why would anyone shit out X amount of tokens, knowing they're going to start deleting batches of those tokens?
What functionality does this provide, other than "hurr token is now rarer so price go more up"?

>> No.13914176

>>13914032
You are bumping us continually thank you.

>> No.13914304

>>13914131
I would assume that this is a good model for generating income early on for your business, where the model also becomes lucrative for early investors, since they had a chance to acumulate early.

You are essentially just buying shares in an idea. As a reward for investing early with a long-term mindst, your shares appreciate in value (if the idea is successful)

>> No.13914396

>>13914304
Don't forget the ability to convert tokens to equity in 2020. Yes you are buying shares into an idea real ones.

>> No.13914419

>>13914131
Why do you want it to have some sort of functionality?

>> No.13914784

>>13914419
Because the point is that tactics that serve ONLY to increase the price, are artificial and scammy.

Like Rolex buying back unsold stock and destroying them to keep up the illusion of scarcity.

>> No.13915031

I love this thread, shitcoin that is not even needed got totally destroyed by based /biz/raelies.

>> No.13915036

>>13914784
Would you say that tactic works for Rolex - and are they really big bad scammers for doing this?

>> No.13915072

>>13915036
If this were actually confirmed and not just a rumor, it would be devastating for Rolex.

Shitter brands like from the Richemont group do this, and they're shitters for a reason.

>> No.13915120

>>13915072
Well, I know for a fact that Nike does this with their shoes, and that works really well for them. I guess it's a Free market tactic?

>> No.13915128

>>13912628
you increase shareholder value by burning tokens......... imbeciles REEEE

>> No.13915198

>>13915120
Because they can't get those shoes sold and they have to do something with them.

If you're burning tokens, why did you create them in the first place?
The ONLY reason to burn tokens, is to artificially reduce supply.

>> No.13915261

>>13915198
No, Nike actively acquires certain models back, to create scarcity (especially limited edition variants)

I get it, you are here to FUD - not really to have a discussion.

>> No.13915434

>>13911194
I honestly don’t understand how /biz/ can still think this is a scam... They have a working product and paying customers. You can confirm both of these with very minimal research.

>> No.13915585

People want their buys to be filled before fud turns to shilling power

>> No.13915651

>>13915261
You'll have to source that one, bucko.

Their official narrative is that they only do it with unsold stock.
Nike is engaging in the opposite of scarcity, pumping out new Jordans to the point of saturation.

>> No.13915675

>>13911194
Any coin that tweets dollar signs next to their name is a scam

>> No.13916254

>>13915675
Lol
Its the token symbol
Educate yourself

And the "hashtag" is not only used for twitter its also used for numbers

>> No.13916598

>>13914784
It's not an illusion of scarcity retard, it would actually make their stock more scarce and increase the value or remaining shares. How is that a bad thing for your shareholders? Comapnaies do things to increase the value for.their share holders. Since VIDT will be tradeable for a security token next year, this is exactly what they're doing.

>> No.13916638

>>13915651
Alright, I can't really provide you with any articles, but I have immediate family that works in Nike CS, and here is how they do it:

Every time a new shoe comes out, Nike knows that there are loads (and I mean a ton), of individuals and agencies, especially in Asia, that have scripts set up to buy large quantities of shoes. They do this since Nike doesen't launch the same products in Asia that they do in the rest of the world.

Nike, knowingly, actually let's them do this. The point of this, is that Nike can actually claim these shoes back during the delivery process, because systematic reselling of their products is not allowed. As you might have guessed, this is just an excuse to claim the shoes back. Most of these shoes never see the light of day again. They are simply removed from circulation - "burned" if you will. This is done to increase the hype around their brand (The currency that appreciates in this case).

I had to go somewhere else, hence new ID.

>> No.13916673

>>13916254
I went years not knowing that thanks anon

>> No.13916781
File: 670 KB, 1080x1244, 1525601204381.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13916781

>>13916638
this is a nikethread now

>> No.13917057

June 1st

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action