[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 24 KB, 543x443, 1552521235766.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13778800 No.13778800 [Reply] [Original]

This online trading academy costs $1997.

Its supposedly on sale from $3999. Its supposed to be designed for training to trade using a small account and not day trading- designed for people waging slaving same time.

Have you heard of this stuff?
And is it good?
Shill me your best /smg/ knowledge training /biz/

>Inb4 fucking finance book from 1960

>> No.13778853
File: 9 KB, 185x260, 1558529877945.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13778800
>have super secret knowledge on how to profit from the markets
>i'm a nice guy so i'm gonna sell it to you goys for $8827 jew bucks, but i'm limiting it to 3 goys only as it's super secret knowledge from the jews
totally not a scam, go ahead and buy it op

>> No.13779247
File: 68 KB, 499x499, 1557398636444.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>You are supposed to see it as an investment,goyim! ;

>> No.13780088

>>13778800
99.9% of "trading education" is a scam. I'm allowing for a small possibility that maybe someone out there is secretly training traders successfully in a reliable way, but I highly doubt it. Remember the statistics they like to throw around to cover their ass: "95% of traders fail!" If I opened a gym and told you that 95% of the people who join get fatter and more out of shame no matter how seriously they commit themselves to it, what would you think of my gym? Clearly there must be something wrong there right?

If you're trading U.S. markets, you're better off trying to learn to play poker professionally. I'm dead serious. At least there you will have no delusions that you're primarily gambling and even though it's highly luck based it still takes more skill than trading. There are still "rules" and concepts that people unanimously agree on. If not poker, then you're better off doing almost anything else with your time because if trading was ever a skill based discipline, it sure as fuck isn't now. Almost anything skill based that you do well enough you can probably collect some money for, but the key is that it has to be skill based. It has to be something where time goes in, skill comes out.

This is not trading. You have no edge and the markets are rigged to absolute fuck and back. This is before you take into account commissions, brokers selling your order flow to get cherry picked, taxes and other fees (platform, data subscriptions, etc.), and then stack on microstructure issues found on U.S. markets like dark pools, off exchange transactions for large volume not being reported on the public market, big positions being taken simply by taking delivery on option contracts, and so on. I'm not even kidding when I say if you think you're going to pay your bills with trading, the only hope you have is you get lucky on a trade with gigantic size and it carries you far enough in life until you say "maybe I should write a book or teach people how to trade?"

>> No.13780121

OP you must be a retard to even consider spending 2k bucks to get taught publicly available information by some boomer dumbass

>> No.13780248

>>13778800
You're probably better off learning maths / statistics and going from there.

>> No.13780271

>>13780088
This is also why many traders that actually do insist on playing the game have migrated to crypto because it resembles an actual market before the Global Financial Crisis when regulatory bodies decided to buttfuck the ever-living shit out of the U.S. markets. Crypto markets will probably suffer a similar fate, but until then people are moving there and that's also why the Fed, big money managers, and so on are stamping their feet and whining. The fact crypto has any draw at all is an utter and total condemnation of the U.S. market system.

A few really greedy fucks got really bitter about the dotcom boom and how a few too many slaves were earning their freedom. So that was the catalyst that started the rule changes to rig the markets enormously against retail. You can almost watch things fall apart by watching the decline of prop firms from 2001 to 2019 (especially from 2001 to 2010 though) and the evolution of the strategies they deploy(ed) at the ones that still survive. You can stick your money in a mutual fund because those are government and big money approved. If you're retail you're dead, unless you're trading non-U.S. markets or things like Crypto.

But long story short, don't you dare waste a dime on "trader education." Go read a couple books on trading and money management for less than $100 total or just fucking steal them quite frankly because even the best of those probably aren't worth the paper they're printed on and if you insist on trading, give it a whirl, don't waste more time or money than you have to, and then promptly go do something worth your time.

>> No.13780342

Seems like a smart way to get first hand experience in getting burned hard by scams