[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 105 KB, 1548x1468, h9i4APy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13556450 No.13556450 [Reply] [Original]

Zoomer here. How do I become a multi millionaire or billionaire? Willing to go monk mode and eat the same thing everyday, sleep on the floor...etc Only thing is I have to go to college or I'll get disowned and figured it's cheaper to live with parents. Also, is a math degree worth it? Is it better than a CS degree? What about an econ or finance degree? Also, how do I start learning about bitcoin, stocks and stinky linkies?

>> No.13556477

>>13556450
Don't listen to anyone here

Now that we've got that out of the way, a math degree will just about always have value. Take care of yourself and look for fucked up shit in your community to profit by fixing- that's the easiest way to do it.

>> No.13556478

if you MUST go to college at least go to the cheapest degree

>> No.13556488

>>13556450
stop eating tide pods thats a start

>> No.13556518

>>13556477
So are linkies a meme or no?

>> No.13556523
File: 227 KB, 480x561, 1534376335053.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>dye hair pink/blue/red
>stream fortnite

its not that hard

>> No.13556548

>>13556523
BRUH MOMENT

YUH IFFY UH. BLICKY GOT THE IFFY UH. BRUUUH THANOS FINNA GONNA BE DABBED ON. That ain't it chief. Checked and keked my fellowed MIGApede. God emperor Trump of kekistan right fellow gamer? Bruh.

>> No.13556950

>>13556450
bump. Please help millionaire /biz/ bros

>> No.13556994

>>13556950
alright Imma post a response if you're still here

>> No.13557023

>>13556450
You asked how to become a multi-billionaire. The only way to do that is to be born rich, or to start a business.

However, most new businesses fail. Most people are better off not trying to start a business.

Like most people, you might be better off focusing on earning a lot of money and investing wisely. You might even become a multimillionaire that way.

I'm going to continue writing this response assuming that you go the path of earning a lot of money and investing wisely, rather than starting a business.

>> No.13557061

>>13557023
Ok I'm listening, anon

>> No.13557159

>>13557023
You need to go to a top 50 college. Top 25 is better. Top 10 is best, and any Ivy League is ideal.

>in your first year of college, decide what you are majoring in
You said you might major in math, CS, econ, or finance... From an employability standpoint, you should probably consider a double-major in econ and CS.

>find some clubs you like
Be active in a few college clubs -- especially ones where you do volunteering. Try to work your way up to being the president of the club in your junior or senior year, so you can talk about it during job interviews and put it on your resume as "leadership experience".

>in your first two years at college, consider getting a part-time job
Maybe find and work an interesting, part-time wagecuck job for a few months so you can have something to put on your resume and so you can tell people in the future about that time you had an interesting wagecuck job.

>try to be an RA or a TA in econ or CS
Try to find a professor or a PhD student who will take you on as a (paid or unpaid) Research Assistant. Try to find a professor who will take you own as a (paid) Teaching Assistant.

>during your 3rd year at college it is *critical* that you get a prestigious summer internship
Go to your university career center, get their help making a good resume, get their help preparing for interviews, and then apply to internships at prestigious companies that people have heard of (for a double major in Econ and CS, you'd look at applying to be a Data Scientist, or a Software Engineer, a Data Engineer, a Business Analyst, Risk Analyst, etc.)

>get ready to graduate
If you did it right and you got a prestigious internship and you didn't f--k it up over the summer then you should have a job offer waiting for you when you graduate. If you want to look for something better, you can also apply to other, potentially better jobs during your senior year, which will then be ready for you when you graduate.

>> No.13557345

>>13557159
Why econ over finance and why CS over math?

Also should I buy linkies with my part time job money or nah?

>> No.13557402

>>13557159
oh, I didn't say it anywhere in my last post, but it's critical that you get good grades and graduate with a GPA of at least 3.7

also, it's really important that you befriend some successful, hardworking, positive-thinking friends in college because there is truth to the adage "if your friends are millionaires, you'll become a millionaire, and if you're friends are losers, you'll become a loser"

Once you land a comfy job making six figures with only a bachelor's degree, it's all about cutting your expenses and investing wisely in order to build up your wealth more quickly.

also work hard for your first few years so you can get that first and second promotion more quickly. After that you can dial it back a notch.

Living with roommates or a partner will cut down on your expenses a ton. Cooking at home will save a lot of money. Never buy a new car -- it's one of the worst financial decisions you can make.

Invest in bitcoin and stocks. If you don't know what stocks to invest in, just invest in index funds. Don't bother with bonds or precious metals or shitcoins -- especially Link.

Aim to save away 25 times what you spend in a year. So if you spend $40k/year then you need to save up $1 million. That's approximately how much invested money you need in order to retire (as long as you keep your spending at or below $40k/year and there isn't an apocalyptic economic collapse that destroys your investments).

If you get married, draft up and sign a prenup first. The person you marry should be someone with whom you can talk about anything, and with whom you feel constantly smitten. Be very cautious about marrying the first person you fall in love with.

Never lend money to friends or family. If they ask, just give them the money freely, or don't give them anything.

>> No.13557418

1.fast on Tuesday
2. you can't afford to go out
3. degrees are a meme!(for money, a degree you like is priceless)

>> No.13557436

>>13557345
an econ degree will still get your foot in the door everywhere that a finance would, and also gets your foot in the door in places that a finance degree wouldn't

CS is more employable and in-demand than math. Math is also very employable, but the jobs that studying math unlocks in particular are generally jobs that require a postgraduate degree (e.g. Research Scientist, Statistician, Data Scientist at some companies, etc.). So majoring in it won't necessarily get you any good job interviews that CS/econ wouldn't, unless you go on to get a masters or a PhD in math.

>> No.13557476

>>13557436
Isn't it safer to become an actuary than a data scientist or software engineer? Also what about quants?

Maybe I just fell for the /sci/ meme that CS sucks and math is the best

>> No.13557507
File: 18 KB, 1080x708, business_analytics-data_scientist_01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13557476
believe me, if you get your foot in the door as a data scientist or a software engineer at a prestigious firm, you will have "job security" in the form of dozens of companies being ready to throw money at you at any given time if you'll go and work for them
https://searchbusinessanalytics.techtarget.com/feature/Demand-for-data-scientists-is-booming-and-will-increase

check out how much money you can make: https://www.levels.fyi/SE/Amazon/Google/Facebook/

>> No.13557534

>>13557476
re: quants -- you can go the route of investment banking (Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, etc.), but the lifestyle sucks ass and it doesn't pay better than being a SWE/DS. Ditto for consulting (Bain, McKinsey, etc.)

>> No.13557549

>>13557507
How does it compare to actuaries?

>> No.13557582

>>13557549
no idea, I don't have any friends who are actuaries, but I googled it and it sounds like a skilled one can make six figures also -- hopefully another anon who knows more can comment. I think you're more likely to find an actuary anon if you post this thread again on a Saturday or Sunday

>> No.13557855

Dude, I don't know. I dropped out of standard school and got high school graduation certificate for going to part time school while training in aviation matinence and working a wage slave job. I graduated, went further in the aviation field and got a job. I'm planning on perusing a licenced aircraft matinence engineer position and then maybe moving on to a destructive testing job. Money all in all is fine and I enjoy this but my family thinks my potential has been wasted. Currently saving and repairing planes. Life's pretty good.

>> No.13557924

>>13557855
This was never my planned path in life. I was always a shit student, intentionally scraping by on C's until early year 12 when things got harder and my life got worse. I just happened to be doing a cert II at the time and just went with it.