[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 272 KB, 1250x912, intrinsic-muscles-of-hand-new.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13464720 No.13464720 [Reply] [Original]

>Took shrooms and stared at my hand and came to the deep realization that I'm telepathically controlling an unbelievably sophisticated, valuable, machine capable of impelling physical matter and bend reality to my will and that I could be doing incredible things if I were to think more deliberately from moment to moment instead of following routines and programs.

>> No.13464753

>>13464720
Wait to you realise how fragile that brain is when it starts to produce errors and youre schizophrenic

>> No.13464944

>>13464720
>Telepathically
You are physically connected to this device.
Lay down the shrooms

>> No.13464960
File: 430 KB, 1400x1400, 1551726986799.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13464720
>deep realization

lol

>> No.13465000

>>13464753
>>13464944
>>13464960
>Habitually defaulting into pessimistic, negative, or fearful modes of thinking.

It doesn't hurt to stop and contemplate how valuable something as simple as having a body is. Let alone things like cars and computers that become extensions or attachments to our body. We can do anything, we can go anywhere. We already made it bros. We're fucking gods.

>> No.13465012

>>13464720
What are you OP, 17 fucking years old? Sit in the back and wait to be called on like a good student instead of shitposting this garbage

>> No.13465014

>>13465000
Noones saying you can't do anything. But people develop these mental illnesses naturally.
Nothings perfect anonfu

>> No.13465026

Biznez an finanses

>> No.13465120

>>13465026
>looking at everything with new eyes, shifting your perspective on life, unlocking your imagination, seeing new possibilities, a large surge of motivation has no application to your career or finances.

Your iphone probably exists because of psychedelics.

>> No.13465145

>>13464720
you dont need drugs to realize that, but i guess some people are so dumb and close minded that they do

>> No.13465149

>>13464753
thats me!

>> No.13465160

>took shrooms
>still thinks he has agency
You've got a ways to go, anon.

>> No.13465177

>>13465145
You're absolutely right, you don't. But there's different levels to realizing something even if it's really simple. Of course I already knew this before but I was living as if I were a caged animal. When the perspective change actually goes into your bones you feel and act differently.

>> No.13465190

>>13465149
Nice ID

>> No.13465193

>>13464720
did the shrooms tell you what i should do with my ZIL bags?

>> No.13465323

>>13465149
Based Gay ID

>> No.13465334
File: 169 KB, 646x700, 1518107464416.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13465193
They told me that you should transmute your internal state from a pink wojak to a green wojak regardless of what is happening externally instead of reacting to every candle movement and you will subconsciously make the right decisions. They also told me to move on from 4chan unfortunately because the majority of the people are in extreme mental pain and by spending so much time here I've been marinating my mind with the same energy.

>> No.13465345

>>13464720
I mostly use mine for jerkin it

>> No.13465361

>>13465000
trips of truth. i unironically didn't appreciate my body until i got shot and nearly died. we must all learn to fulfill our destiny as god's children

>> No.13465367

>>13464720
Imagine needing shrooms to realize this. I realized this when I was 5, like most other people do

>> No.13465373

>>13465120
Steve Jobs has credited acid with changing his perspective so yeah probably

>> No.13465379

>>13465000
we live in a dangerous untested world that generations of humans from neitszche to orwell, huxley and kazcynski warned us about. As they predicted, the masses do not recognize the danger and it is acutely possible that the next few years will permanently change our society and enslave generations of human beings. The cynicism, while sometimes misdirected, is warranted. It would be foolish to not be paranoid

>> No.13465433

>>13465160

I was going to say something to this effect. I dont think theres any invalid way to experience psychs but still thinking about your relationship to life and being as you bending things to your will is a very egotistical perspective. Things shape and move you just as much. This is not just the nature of being and causality, but also of knowledge and what it means to exist as a social creature. technology and language have certainly made different forms of being and life a lot more continuous as well, such that believing in a sense of self that acts independently and in opposition to other beings is kind of... ridiculous to me. However, this anon is not correct i think; it doesnt mean you have no agency, but rather that agency and "self" reside in all the things around you that you encounter and interact with, in a network far more expansive than the site of your body. Your agency is shared with all the things that have shaped you, which existed long before you and will continue to exist long after you, though with your contribution however small.

>> No.13465454

>>13464720

>I'm telepathically controlling an unbelievably sophisticated, valuable, machine capable

No son, you aren't controlling a machine...you ARE the machine.

>> No.13465482

>>13464720
>>13465120
>>13465373

The literal idea of psychedelics is to trick your brain into thinking that something REALLY important(for some addicts it becomes more important than food) and even magical is happening when actually you're just trippin' bro.

>> No.13465523

Wow such a complicated machine

And here I am suffering from a cold because my body is reacting to a nonexistent pathogen for no fucking reason

>> No.13465558

Chill out. History repeats itself. Fear first then conquest.

>> No.13465570

>>13464720
just let yourself calm a bit, and you soon realize how retarded you are

>> No.13465598

>>13465334
They seem to be right especially the bit about 4chan, we all become infected here

>> No.13465612

>>13465433
I'm well aware of how interconnected and shaped by my environment I am and the dual nature of the mind. Active and passive. Most of our behaviors are ruled by the passive, subconscious part that has been programmed since childhood, and continues to be programmed through the repetitive information your mind is exposed to. The first steps to self-mastery may be to wake up this, that the majority of your thoughts and actions were not autonomously generated by you, that you were enslaved mentally. BUT I think that using your will, much like you can take conscious control of your breathing right now if you choose to, you can start deciding how you want yourself to be programmed. You can start becoming intensely mindful of the present moment, guarding your mind against thoughts that don't benefit you. You can modify your environment to better suit your needs, you can choose to be around the people that are going to exert an influence on you that will benefit you.

>> No.13465618
File: 172 KB, 666x1031, 1554750288309.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All psychedelic babble sounds the exact same and covers the exact same banal themes. Why would I want to partake when it seems like everyone who does partake is made into a cliche-spouting moron?

>> No.13465619

>>13465361
Story please

>> No.13465650

>>13465618
Just because something is cliche doesn’t mean it’s false. Thinking the way your post presents itself is the philosophical equivalent of not liking a band just because too many normies like it.

Not saying you should take drugs, but amongst other things like meditation (better route btw) they do make you realize and internalize seemingly obvious things like OP is saying.

>> No.13465682

>>13465482
Yeah but sometimes it’s not a trick and those things actually are important.

The state of being as opposed to non-existence (what OP seems to be really touching on) is both a a strange happenstance and thus interesting to ponder. Like, do you have more of a chance of existing than not? Seems like a dumb question but I think if you really think about it, it can drive you mad. It also brings up questions of consciousness that fuck with my head a lot.

>> No.13465718

>>13465618
I never said I was original. I'm just saying this state of being with this outlook was a better experience of life than being a cynical realist atheist edgy rebel.

>> No.13465725

>>13465367
Yeah, but reality/modern society has a way of making you de-prioritize those ideas to complete insignificance. There are a lot of ideas I had as a young child that were frankly more interesting and smart than I do as a 30yo (inb4 boomer meme). Being an adult affords you less mental luxuries to be sitting around thinking about that kind of thing.

Also most people don’t realize those things ever in their lives, only non-NPCs do. So be happy you’re in the company of someone else conscious.

>> No.13465820

>>13465725
I can see how the things I'm saying seem "child-like", "feminine" maybe "cringy" "cliche" or "imprecise" "head in the clouds". But it's had a real impact on the actions I'm going to take because it shifted my perspective. And the way I attempt to communicate my subjective experience of it will only resonate with a few people because it's like trying to describe a color.

>> No.13465822

>>13465718
>tfw bought shrooms but got scared and threw them away
I don't know if that was a good or bad thing. Maybe I wasnt ready.

>> No.13465830

>>13465718
>a cynical realist atheist edgy rebel.

Typical shroom candidate, I imagine.

>> No.13465841

>>13465820
I kind of understood your op, I did alot of dxm a few years back and one thing I still have from those experiences is a more vivid cev everytime I close my eyes and extremely vivid dreams. I don't fry my brain with that stuff any more but once I did like 700mg and i think I shifted iuyt of my dimension for a bit. As I was laying in bed I opened my eyes and saw my self lying infront of the stairs of this huge building with a massive pillar right next to me I mean it was massive. And then there was this cubic mesh that went up without an end. I don't think I'd do dxm again tho

>> No.13465872

>>13465820
I’m not saying you sound childlike or naive im just saying kids can be pretty profound. I totally agree with everything you’re saying.

>> No.13466104

>>13465612

Im not talking about that really. I dont really care for speculation about the subconscious and i find it really unproductive. I mean that its arrogan to believe even conscious thought and behavior is a one-man show. Your thoughts, words, tools, methods, and possessions are acquisitions to which youve merely appended your own flourishes. The way you say "enslaved mentally" makes it sound so violent. But i find it liberating. It means what we consider our "self" is actually located in things that shaped us that have existed long before us or outside our body--- other peoples words, ideas, inventions, products, art, discoveries, buildings, styles---which are all around us and will outlive our body. It means there is much comfort to be found in bodily death and that its not really the end of our existence; the aspects of ourselves that arent merely limited to our biological body--- what we contribute to the things we found or were given--- lives on to behave and act in a real way, shaping others even after our body has died. I dont mean this in a spiritual sense at all. I mean it in a cold, material, physical, ontological sense.

Im interested in thinking of language and technology as finding literal ways to extend our bodies to be able to interface with other forms of being, like extensions for our limbs; a word indicates to another person what is happening in your mind and body and an effect is elicited where for thousands of years there was an unbridgable gap. Similarly a hammer turns your hand into a limb that creates a meaningful bridge between you and a nail, which i view as a mutual transformation--- a nail is shifted into a new position and meaningful existence, and you have possibly constructed something that fundamentally changes your existence.

>> No.13466120

>>13465618

Yeah man, youre right and millions of people throughout history are wrong. There is nothing here of substance to see or experience and these cliche words describe nothing valuable; we almost fooled you though. People have lied to you personally because youre very important and they wanted variably or bore you or threaten you with their different experiences--- this stuff doesnt heal you, show you new ways of being, or make you feel more at peace with yourself or the world. Its all a delusion and you alone have been right to doubt it!

You should seriously try it as long as there isnt a family history of schizophrenia, which is a contraindication. it's an incredibly therapeutic and existentially validating experience.

>> No.13466121

>holy shit what is metaphysics itt

>> No.13466141

>>13464720
Yet here you are on /biz/.

>> No.13466157

>>13466120
>People have lied to you personally

Who said anything about lying, you disingenuous fuck.

>> No.13466165

>>13465433
Based and psylocybin pilled

>> No.13466203

>>13466157
>>13465618
>banal
DFW wanker detected.

>> No.13466211

>>13465367

I think psychs are often valuable in the way they can help you see things that have become invisible to you. Its funny because i also think thats the value of art to me. Marshall mcluhan wrote about how arts function is as "anti-environment" in the sense that it attempts to show the things or settings that so often dictate the terms or parameters of our lives and behavior. to pay close attention to the sidewalk, so to speak. Psychs make you think about the way you do things and the way you think so that you can understand yourself better and why you think or feel certain ways, to really become consciously aware of well-worn habits of behavior or thought as much as to really think about how incredible an almost unconscious tool like a body part can be. Its incredibly valuable as a tool of perspective.

>> No.13466212

Psychedelics are the bees knees, no other drugs compare. Fuck the haters

>> No.13466254
File: 997 KB, 369x655, tumblr_mmjfke2sdY1qb6cnho1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13464720
I keep this gif because it shows me how a hand works.

>> No.13466258

>>13466157

What an unexpected and unpleasant response. I say this kindly: theyre very valuable and have helped many people. You dont have to become a hippy if you dont want to; ive done plenty of psychs and i have a happy career as an artist/writer in NYC and consider myself a pretty down to earth person. If you dont have health problems that would contraindicate it you should try it.... if you dont want to then you dont have to. I dont know why people who have benefitted from them getting together and trying to talk about their incredibly difficult to explain experiences is threatening enough for you to need to pooh-pooh it. Just saying.

>> No.13466387

>>13466104
>>13466254

>Im interested in thinking of language and technology as finding literal ways to extend our bodies to be able to interface with other forms of being, like extensions for our limbs; a word indicates to another person what is happening in your mind and body and an effect is elicited where for thousands of years there was an unbridgable gap.

That was what I was becoming more acutely aware of at an experiential level, the cause and effect chain of you having a thought or impulse in your mind, which sends electro-chemical signals to your muscles, which yank on the little strings that control a series of levers, which in turn can impel physical matter like a fine servo-motor, which in turn can interface with things like a keyboard, or a steering wheel of a car. In the conscious part of my brain I don't have to think about all the little muscle movements or in what order to hit the keys. I just have to think of the sentence and the subconscious computes how to move these levers in what sequence to type the letters. You can put yourself into states of awe over mundane things that you take for granted. This principle that I'm thinking a thought and the subconscious is doing all these calculations in the background to impel matter to "manifest" it into the physical world. It probably applies to everything.

>> No.13466462
File: 23 KB, 640x620, zw127pphard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13464720
Daily reminder that your bones and organs are always surrounded by liquid and the human body is a mech piloted by the brain.

>> No.13466475

>>13466387
And so if in one state of mind I can look at something mundane and see so much beauty and complexity in it then when I'm feeling like shit or anxious or depressed I can just remember, that all that beauty that I saw is still here, I just need to change perspective to see it again.

>> No.13466498
File: 2.88 MB, 479x255, 1476318022122.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>pretentious babbling: the thread
you fucked your brain, congratulations
whats the next step in your master plan

>> No.13466524

>>13466387
>>13466475

I'm happy you had a positive experience on it. Again, it's an incredible tool for thinking about thinking or more generally thinking about things we do automatically

>> No.13466601

>>13466498

Haha yikes! Again, not sure what is so threatening to you about a bunch of people who have benefited from psychs getting together and trying to relay what they learned, but apparently it's enough to make you pop in and drop your thoughtful wisdom. I'm gonna refer you to what I said to the other insecure guy hanging out in this thread >>13466120

It's one thing not to get something because you haven't experienced it, but to categorically reject it without understanding it I think speaks to some fucking profound insecurity about the way you are and live. Seriously--- if your life were happy and satisfying you'd probably be secure enough to pause to ask/understand what the fuck people in here are talking about.

>> No.13466621

None of you faggots have seen true light

>> No.13466636

>>13466203
>talking shit about DFW in any form
not gonna make it

>> No.13466716

Last time i took shrooms i reached legit enlightment. There is no me and everything is part of what i could only understand as the Oneness. It was like a synesthesia of all senses creating a transcendental 'supersense' moment/epiphany. But since it was transcendental relative to anything we can experience i can't explain it to fags who haven't themselves experienced the same thing. It's literally not in the language and that's why you have people sounding like retarded broken records trying to communicate it to normies who haven't tripped before.

I think the purpose of life is to keep progressing until life/consciousness reaches that transcendental state of Oneness. Humanity is just a stepping stone along the way. Nietzsche talks about this shit

>> No.13466762

>>13466387
Respek OP, you my friend are woke. Love me some shrooms, have had so many great experiences on them.

>> No.13466774

>>13466716
Have gone through this as well. Its another level of connection to everything around you and nature/earth. Ive had a crazy trip where trees were talking to me and i could understand and communicate back. We were discussing how were slowly killing all living things through our consumerism, the need to have more, greed, killing nature, etc.

>> No.13466993

Seriously though psychedelics are the greatest shit ever. Polymerase chain reactions were concieved on an acid trip. They help dive deep into your preconceived notions of self and reality to the point of being able to rebuild yourself for the better (or brainwash you depending on the context), but hands down they're a net positive than negative. No addiction mechanism and extremely low toxicity. Anyone who cries about psys making you lose your mind or whatever are weak willed faggots that are clearly being weeded out.

>> No.13467003

Also first time I took shrooms, took 5g to the dome and halfway through the trip i had this weird sensation i can only describe as a full body orgasm. It wasn't sexual but it felt similarly intense and pleasant writhing through my body. Only ever got this a handful of times, only ever on shrooms

>> No.13467097

>>13466387
watch jordan peterson lectures, if you hadn't already. I guarantee you'd appreciate it, especially when you're afterglowing.
also, I wonder what kind of realizations i'll have about the markets if I do psys again. haven't touched them in like 4 years, but damn do I miss them.

>> No.13467539

>>13465334
This is true but you also don't want to become Griff Green levels of deluded positivity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh716bYj2uA

Small doses of 4chan is probably best.

>> No.13467683

>>13465718
I sympathize with your desire for greater control of your will, motivated by the realization that our bodies and minds, and placement within history, present an unbelievable opportunity to shape destiny if you can grok what free will really means.
I also think the vast majority of people are psychologically unfit to understand and transcend our political and technological moment, and rather than charging forward into their yet unknown destiny, they backslide into substance abuse, endless consumption of mindless entertainment, all to avoid mental distress of addressing present reality, which is necessary to ultimately overcoming it. And thus, people regularly have no substance to their personality. They are closer to highly reactive consumer drones than embodiments of the human spirit. I'm ranting, but this is the true source of negative energy that will constantly test your will to self-improvement/transcendence/whatever.

>> No.13467755

>>13464720
you are about to make it fren

>> No.13467839
File: 515 KB, 1024x683, 1555863860298.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13465000
In part agree and shrooms definitely made me snap out of contempt but it is the whole we are already gods bs that makes so many idle retards.
>Show me your great works
>We used to build, compose and conquer marvels

>> No.13467903

I came to the realization that some substances entertain the mind, but do not make us see reality with another angle, instead it creates an inner world that doesn't exist outside our imagination.

it's dangerous to think it's real. low iq can learn new concepts with it. for high iq, it's concepts they already figured out, due to their higher level of consciousness, and it's just entertainment.

>> No.13467954

>>13465841
geometric terror

>> No.13467997

>>13465000

this is why mushrooms are evil, they make you believe you are a god, basically the antithesis to any good kind of wisdom, wisdom starts when you accept you are corrupted and you work fully knowing it, someone who believes himself as god can only produce corruption and evil

>> No.13468034

>>13466387
There is some book out there that is considered the modern reference guide to how the human muscle system works when applied to robotics.

>> No.13468307
File: 31 KB, 918x717, 16fmanl7uje21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13465000
>Mfw born in Mumbai slum back alley near the river

>> No.13468779

>>13465000
>>13464720
BASED OP
A
S
E
D

O
P

You will make it

>> No.13468894

Read through this whole thread, found it extremely interesting as someone that has never tripped. Obviously I can’t fully relate to the experience but I can definitely understand how it could completely shift your mindset and make you appreciate the wonders of life. That’s very cool and I hope I can experience it to some effect some day.

>also just reading through this thread makes you realize how negative and outright useless /biz/ can be at times. There are clearly some posters here with serious mental issues to the point where they automatically react to everything with pure hatred and vitriol.

>> No.13468908

>>13467997

I don't know what mushrooms you're talking about, but generally they give the impression that we're small pieces in a very large puzzle.

As a whole I'm willing to bet more people feel humbled or amazement on mushrooms than a god complex.

>> No.13468945

>>13467997
This except pretty much the opposite. Shrooms are the epitome of good. World would be much better off if more of the good people tried them. You can do no good if you don't believe yourself god. It only makes the world a worse place.

>> No.13468972

>>13468894
>also just reading through this thread makes you realize how negative and outright useless /biz/ can be at times. There are clearly some posters here with serious mental issues to the point where they automatically react to everything with pure hatred and vitriol.
That’s 4chan in general.

>> No.13469072
File: 154 KB, 590x720, 35495DCE-A6A0-4A08-9739-609DFC97EAD7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13466387
Based
Pic related

>> No.13469485

>>13467903
reading the thread and what I said is really based. some people just couldn't figure out some things by themselves, substances can help them to get it. some other can understand it naturally.

>> No.13470217

>>13468945
>being a narcissistic piece of shit is good

>> No.13470229

>>13464720
OP don't listen to anyone on here calling you crazy. You might not be 100% right, but follow this inner voice and pursuit it. Also GTFO this board and you'll be way happier and come to more conclusions.

>> No.13470327

>>13464720
>bend reality
>reality
You never saw that, only the capped artificial reproduction that your brain is able to process, also limited by 5 'sensors" only, with 4 of them being horseshit.

>> No.13470650

r/im14andthisisdeep

>> No.13470670

And now anon realizes why the ancient Greeks considered their bodies and minds temples and were extremely careful about what they exposed themselves to and to stay healthy and exercise. Your mind is a programmed result of your life experiences. If you choose to listen to nigger music, watch porn and anime while drinking Mountain Dew and Cheetos what do you think is gonna happen?

>> No.13470766

>>13465334
I had this realization without drugs, I even went a month without the ch0n a little bit ago but my excuse to come back was to get the latest crypto news from /biz/ KEK. Life seems boring without 4chan especially if you have a difficult time with normie culture. How do we leave anon? This place def has a negative vibe, I try to be as positive as I can on here these days to offset it but you can’t help but get dragged down at times from this place.

>> No.13470800

>>13467997
My saying "were fucking gods" was just an imprecise use of language. We're mini-gods that were given incredible gifts, the machinery of the body and the subconscious. We're gods of our destiny if we can take conscious control of these things and not just execute the routines and programs conditioned into us. Some of my other posts touch on the idea that I do think that we are corrupted but we have the ability to fix ourselves.

>> No.13470811

>>13470327
You sending me that message just bent reality in one way or another.

>> No.13470920

>>13465000
it's true that the body is absolutely amazing, but it's also incredibly fragile and dense. both a blessing and a curse depending on how you choose to look at it. imagine being free of it and no longer needing a physical anchor to explore creation?