[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 9 KB, 276x182, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13311364 No.13311364 [Reply] [Original]

I'm invested in bitcoin, currently about 4% of my net worth. 2% that I'll re-balance annually, and the remainder held in a separate wallet that I will not be re-balancing. I think that it's easier to see the value in bitcoin when you use it day to day. It's completely changed my life, as an online poker player playing from the USA. Being at the mercy of the banks and payment processors used to be an absolute nightmare.

Here's some thoughts that allow me to stay the course with bitcoin:
1 - Grey markets (gambling), and dark markets (illegal activities) use cryptocurrency. They will never go back to an age where they do not use cryptocurrency. It would be like having the internet then deciding to go back in time and not use it anymore. They will also never stop running.
2 - People will always hoard / hide money (from govt, spouse, etc) and bitcoin offers a way to do that. There are a limited amount of coins and slowly supply and demand will increase the price. Longer into the future I think a significant amount of coins will even just be lost due to people losing keys, dying without leaving private keys to family members etc.
3. Bitcoin offers an asset that has little correlation to the stock market. It's good for diversification.
4. Bitcoin offers a global currency with fees under a USD to send and no funds lost to currency exchange.

I don't see bitcoin ever being adopted for everyday payments or for anything that we can use a credit/debit card for. It doesn't need to be and that's not it's use case. In the same vein, cryptocurrency developed by the government, or a corporation would not be competition to Bitcoin. They would be used for completely different things.

>> No.13311378

>>13311364
>btc has little correlation with the stock market

>> No.13311615

So you are a criminal. Enjoy going to jail in a couple of years, BTC it's not anonymous and it's not for criminal scum, you will fall just like Silk Road did.