[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 8 KB, 236x343, 3bca5cbd497d9371f3b01cbd7bc01b4f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1312760 No.1312760 [Reply] [Original]

Can we have a /biz/ dresscode thread?
We all know the way you look directly affects how people perceive you. So it's best to develop a good sense of style for business outfit.
Share your wardrobe, give suggestions, ask questions.
I personally think it shouldn't be too flashy. Keep it sober, too often I see people who seem to think standing out like a stop sign makes them also stand out as stylish.
Also it seems like shoes and tie are the most important accessories. Oh and the watch

>> No.1312778
File: 265 KB, 1200x818, projectnewest1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1312760
these numale glasses give that guy the "I just finished my econ studies. Now let me tell you how I would fix world finance" - look.

maybe it's just my retarded intuition, but, if you need glasses, stick to the ones with few or no borders.

>> No.1312832

>>1312778
>tfw I have those glasses

The ones you suggest literally make you look like a pedophile, great advice dickwank

>> No.1312873
File: 44 KB, 600x600, fondo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1312832
pic related are the approved pedophile glasses dummy

>> No.1313060

>>1312760
Conservative business dress is the way to go. It doesn't offend anyone, and it works for CEOs, low-end office wageslaves, billionaires who run for president, whatever.

Basically, it is:

SUIT:
>a blue or grey suit
>made of wool
>well-fitting (shoulders tight enough, jacket not too long, waist suppression) >not too fashionable (avoid short jackets with slim lapels)

SHIRT:
>a clear shirt
>made of cotton
>cuffs are slightly visible when wearing a jacket
>single cuff or French cuff are both good

TIE:
>any reasonable tie made of silk (no bold pattern if your shirt and suit isn't bold; color should match or "help" the outfit)
>knot may be Windsor or four-in-hand
>the bottom of the tie should touch the upper part of your belt or waistband

SHOES:
>dark oxford shoes
>made of leather
>cost $200 at least--buy from a shoemaking company and not from a fashion house

And that's it. On top of my head, suitable brands are: Brooks Brothers, Canali, Zegna, Dunhill, Hickey Freeman, Brioni, Ralph Lauren (depends on the line), Brunello Cucinelli, etc. Bespoke is only for those who can shell out a lot: avoid cheap custom-made garments.

For shoes: Crockett & Jones, Santoni, Allen Edmonds, Weston, Carmina, John Lobb, Edward Green...

Further reading: books by Alan Flusser.

>> No.1313094
File: 25 KB, 360x360, paulcollarstanding-360x360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pic related is an example of conservative business dress, but well-done, i.e. slick and not dull.

All the proportions (sleeves, jacket length, lapels, shoulders, trousers fit...) are really good.

>> No.1313147

>>1313094
>posting yourself
>not even that well dressed
>fag