[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 126 KB, 480x608, uni.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13126912 No.13126912 [Reply] [Original]

I want to learn about marketing. Can anyone help and provide some good resources? I want in depth things as well like studies on the brain and stimuli and how it works to convince people to throw money at nonsense.

>> No.13126937

>>13126912
This is Marketing by Seth Godin.

Don't have any idea what you're talking about with the Jedi mind tricks nonsense, unless you're talking about "foot in door" "door in face" and copywriting tricks.

I'd recommend sticking to the basics...

>> No.13127100

>>13126912
google "immutable laws of marketing" its a decent book. learn selling techniques, upsell, downsell, product bundles, etc. sell using artificial scarcity and with social proof. understand consumer needs and different product categories, wants, needs, etc how to trigger impulse purchases. thats about it

>> No.13127237

>>13126912
There must be some sort of cheat code or algorithm or what have you that when spoken in a certain order with a certain tempo and specific inflection that you can put the listener into an instant state of hypnosis so you can command them to do your bidding. There has to be some sort of way to exploit the wiring in our brains

>> No.13127477

>>13127237
well of course there is. the big companies have researched how humans react based on instinct, color, repetition, etc. im just wandering if there's detailed documentation about it

>> No.13127505

pirate some Tai Lopez courses. He talks about marketing psychology there.

>> No.13127519
File: 2.69 MB, 1200x1200, hesbackandblackerthanever.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13126912
u are a bad boi but i can teach u to be good

>> No.13127692

>>13126912
do you have money? How much are you willing to pay for a framework that I've been developing for the past 3 years that covers probably 90% of what you're looking for? Not even larping.

>> No.13128117

>>13126912
>how it works to convince people to throw money at nonsense
Forget "studies on the brain" your making marketing out to be much more complicated than it actually is. Most of what motivates consumers is basic psychology. Here are three easy to remember golden rules to marketing. Assume all customers are:
>Stupid
They don't know what your product does, nor do they want to expel the energy to learn. Why are milk jugs color coded at the grocery store? Because nobody wants to read the labels. Red cap, into the cart it goes. Make your offering as easy to figure out as possible.
>Lazy
The more convenient your product/service is the better. Keurigs are hot garbage and fill landfills with plastic. Yet they're incredibly popular, why? Because the coffee comes in cute disposable packaging (less cleaning), it makes making coffee 1 step easier. Convenience is extremely important to consumers.
>Selfish
Everyone is naturally selfish. Nobody cares how well meaning you are or how great your company is, they want to know how the product/service WILL BENEFIT THEM. This is probably most important, as its the primary motivator in humans, looking out for numero uno.

>> No.13128316

>>13127477
I'm not talking about red and yellow making you hungry man. I'm saying what if it goes deeper man. What if you can approach a guy on the street, say the nonsense phrase, and all of the sudden he's barking like a dog. Imagine the power man.

>> No.13128429

>>13126937
and those basics are?

>> No.13128450

>>13127692
i'm not paying