[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 82 KB, 1280x853, onyx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13010917 No.13010917 [Reply] [Original]

I'm really tempted to get into the stainless steel vintage Rolex Datejust market (specifically, the 16XX and 16XXX references made mostly of stainless steel), and, since I'm a really not too savvy with investments, just the fact that the thing peaked my interest set off an alarm - Am I really behind the curve of a bubble? Is any anon already in on this shit?

Whatever the case, I've had my finger on the DJ market heartbeat for a good year now, and the sheer VOLUME of these Rolexes that get moved ON A DAILY BASIS is exciting. I'm talking hundreds of these pieces a week in EU and USA alone, most of the hot(rarity/age) and good condition ones in the $3000 to $6000 hotspot, so we're seeing MILLIONS of dollars on the weekly public markets in these specific watches ALONE.

It's now even been talks of Rolex increasing it's retail price on it's entire stainless line coming this years Baselworld, which would naturally make for a good excuse for a slight price increase on the vintage market also, not to mention retards "buying the rumor" driving up the prices.

Only way to get good money out of the simple buy&hold scheme, though, is to flip the watch in a short enough time where it is still considered "recently serviced" -- this coveted attribute is likely one of the market stimulants, flippers selling to other flippers, etc...

I've already invested in two of these pieces, current potential gains sitting comfy at almost 11% each, both still being considered recently serviced for another year; and I'm scouting out an Onyx dial(picture finally related) right now, but a good price is still not get, and maybe I'll get a mickey mouse instead, as they seem to have gone off the radar recently.

TL;DR: Anyone else playing the stainless Rolex market? Is it a bubble? Is it really even as hard to play as some youtube fags pretend it is?

And I'm aware there are better forums for this discussion, but I'm looking for some unbiased onlooker opinion also..

>> No.13010945

>>13010917
Rolex is middle tier. I imagine you’re an incel trying to make a name for yourself.

>> No.13010997
File: 111 KB, 625x626, 1497179487747.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13010945
Thanks for the bump anon, but this fag is talking market, not ownership.. And it's not even a debate there that Rolex dominates it's lion share of the market volume, and they hold or increase in aftermarket value.

>> No.13011075

>>13010917
vintage will get you rekt anon.

buy hulks, batmans and pepsis in hk, flip wherever you want.

you need to score some connections though.

>> No.13011099

>not to mention retards "buying the rumor" driving up the prices.
so what, you want /biz/ to be the dumb money in your master plan?

>> No.13011109

>>13011075
the real money is in the nautilus market btw. and no, nothing is a bubble except for hublot and richard mille

>> No.13011310

>>13011075
Do you mean actually visiting hong kong or ordering from there? I was never really considering that market due to the "close" proximity of poo in the loo ...

I'm "on the list" for the pepsi with my local AD, but I'm pretty sure I'm actually not -- I'm not so well connected.

>>13011109
If you mean the new models brand new, i'm waaay not connected enough to even get on any lists for them, lol.. The vintage ones seem to not gain as much as rolex does

>>13011099
Yes

>> No.13011321
File: 5 KB, 247x247, freerealestate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13011109
Btw, are you investing too or just a horologyfag?

>> No.13012578

Bump

>> No.13012622

vintage digital watches from the 70s are the hot shit right now