[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 421 KB, 700x525, RarePepe5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1294457 No.1294457[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

My mom just told me she's not going to pay for my college anymore. I'm just finishing up with my 2nd year and I have a job, but I don't know if I can afford to keep going. I only make 18k/year before taxes and with cell phone, car insurance, books, food, rent, etc. I don't really save much money.
I don't want to drop out, but I can't afford to pay the tuition not covered by the student loans I already took out.

>My proposal

I have a wide skillset that can translate to useful services provided over the internet. I am skilled in audio engineering, producing, and composition. I have an entry level understanding of IT stuff (mainly networking/routing&switching). I have a vast collection of rare pepes for sale. And I can do a lot of other menial tasks. Post something you would like me to do for you, and a price you would pay for that service (in bitcoins). I will tell you if I can do it, and if the price is right.

Bitcoin address:
1LjKFsdMVAERiiX26jweFgsAi4JjqzwZmS

>TLDR
>Post something you would pay me to do/how much you would pay
>I'll do it

Any advice on my situation is also welcome. I guess I could take another loan out, but I'm really thinking I should just drop out and get IT certs or something and deal with the disadvantage of no degree.

>> No.1294471

>>1294457
>student loans I already took out
You said your mom only now is going to stop paying? Yet you have loans? You're an idiot. Fail.

>> No.1294478

>>1294471
I have some of the amount in loans but she paid almost $3,000 the last two years in tuition that is not covered by the loans. This amount will be due again before the start of the fall semester. I could take out another loan for this amount, but I'd prefer not to. Was that not clear?

>> No.1294481

>gibs me dat: the thread

>> No.1294509

Like most millenials, you have an irrational fear of debt. Most people will have debt at some point in their life.

When people buy cars, they usually make monthly repayments because they were loaned the money to buy the car. That is DEBT.

When people get a mortgage for a house that is $300,000. That is DEBT.

When businesses borrow from a bank to invest and grow their company, that is DEBT.

Debt is the fuel for growth. Just like your student loan is fuel for your education which will provide you with the opportunity for increased income and financial growth.

If you refuse taking on debt, you are left with a high school education, which is a sure path to a lifetime of poverty. If you finish college, and assuming you have the ambition, drive, charisma and ability to get a good job, you can pay off that debt in a few years (LOTS of people with degrees are awkward and incapable in a social setting, and can't land a job because they are not personable).

My first job out of university was $60,000/yr. Paid off all my debt very quickly and saved up a lot more. Learned to invest wisely and paid $90,000 for a 1-year MBA program at a top university. Now I make even more. Last year topped $250,000.

Would not be able to do that if I feared debt and never completed college/university.