[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 34 KB, 654x527, 9c6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12912971 No.12912971 [Reply] [Original]

i always thought this was plebs way to cope. guess i was wrong. there is beauty in the struggle, uglyness in the success anon. joy wouldnt feel so good without pain. the sun cant shine all the time its got to rain.

the most happy i am now is in the gym seeing results and changing my physique. you have to love yourself first before you can love anyone else. then the ultimative joy will be to start a family i guess.

but eating sushi and steaks every day, traveling flying biz class, spending thousands a day on coke, gambling, booze, whore binges. designer clothes, watches. this shit didnt make me happy at all. its all just a spike and then you literally crash.

>> No.12912991

you are unironically based and redpilled. god bles you op.

>> No.12912996

You can make me happy by sending me money though, and maybe that will make you happy to make another anon happy, fren

>> No.12913009

>>12912971
Redpilled and based

>> No.12913018

>>12912971
>then the ultimative joy will be to start a family i guess.
Think about it realistically. Did your parents live in "ultimate joy?" Mine sure didn't.

Looking outside of yourself for happiness will not work. What does work is improving the tool you use to perceive external pleasures, which is your own consciousness.

>> No.12913019

>>12912971
This is some NEXT level cope
shut the fuck up

>> No.12913026

Anon you should find something to attain that you can't attain with money. Something that requires a grind otherwise there's no glory in it. Sure having money will make it easier but it's still achievement.

I don't know your interests but generally this would be stuff like sports, competitive gaming, art, writing. Even something like running your business with the aim of being the best in it's area. These are things that will bring you some fulfillment.

>> No.12913038

>>12912971
>but eating sushi and steaks every day, traveling flying biz class, spending thousands a day on coke, gambling, booze, whore binges. designer clothes, watches
That's not the point of having money retard. Money means you don't have to work.

>> No.12913046

No shit retard, if you aren’t happy with who you are there isn’t enough money in the world, that said I know I’d be a much happier person not going to work every day.

Only double digit IQ brainlets couldn’t find a way to fill their life with joy, excitement, adventure when given financial freedom.

My life is wasted producing currency for labor, money doesn’t buy happiness, it does however buy freedom, which in thurn buys literally every fucking thing else if you have the neurons to leverage it.

tl;dr if you’re so unhappy give me all your money, I’ll put it to good use, promise.

>> No.12913140

>>12913046
>My life is wasted producing currency for labor
when you have a day off you look forward to it. it is something special. its rewarding. after waking up without an alarm clock for months on end you simply dont appreachiate it anymore. atleast thats me. maybe i am a double digit iq brainlet, maybe simply too young or just clinically depressed. i dont know. dont get me wrong, not having to work surely is still a net positive. but i think anons imagine it way to good and will be dissapointed when they make it.

>> No.12913154

>>12912971
Id give anything to crash
at least than I would have known how it was to fly
now Im in constant dump

>> No.12913162

>>12913018
>Looking outside of yourself for happiness will not work.
what is the answer? meditation?

>> No.12913163

>>12913140
It is disappointing only if you have no purpose in life.

>> No.12913164

>>12913140
Yea existence is a scam, still you won't trade your money for going back to a life where you are forced to work to survive, so stop whining

>> No.12913172

>>12913162
Yep. First thing I would recommend is simply going on a meditation retreat. Even as a beginner, if you commit to sitting there doing nothing for 5-10 days straight, you are going to make mental gains.

>> No.12913198

>>12913163
what is your purpose anon? did you find it yet?

>> No.12913238

>>12913198
There is no purpose, only to survive. Becoming the best at something makes you feel better at surviving. Helping your family makes it better able to survive. Helping the species makes it better able to survive. Making babies makes you feel like a part of you will keep surviving after you. There's nothing more to the scam that is existence.

>> No.12913296

>>12913198
My purpose is to become a world-class artist/coder and create amazing VR games.
I came to this conclusion by taking a course, actually. Actualized.org life purpose course (no affiliation). By the end of it, you have several ideas and some tools to make it happen.
>>12913238
When you're well-taken care of financially, you don't have to worry about survival anymore. You can afford to put your focus on other things.

>> No.12913311

>>12912971
How much money do you have?

>> No.12913328

>>12913296
>become a world-class artist/coder
sounds dope anon. i really admire people like you with a straight vision and goal outside of simple chasing currency just for the numbers adding up. i admire singers or athletes. i wish my parents would have forced me into something as a child. now i feel like its too late. a friend of mine is into graffiti and his whole life goal is to get his name on walls in as many cities around the world as possible. that also sounds dope in a way.

atleast i found the gym which i love but that only takes a tiny portion of time.

>> No.12913343

>>12912971

>cooke, booze

newflash, you would fry your dopamine receptors even with the "struggle" by doing those

>> No.12913367

>>12913296
>become a world-class artist/coder
You want to become one of the best or the best at something, because instinctively being better than others means having your survival more guaranteed and that makes you feel good. You don't just want to code, you want to be better than most, that's what motivates you. Just an ape wanting to feel better than others, just like everyone else. When you're better you have higher chances of being attractive to the opposite sex, and to have children that will survive after you. You're part of the scam like everyone else.

>> No.12913391

I guarantee I would never be unhappy if riches landed in my lap or were given to me. Probably because I already made it once and now I'm broke. I just want to make it again and be more careful.

>> No.12913424

>>12913367

Yes, the only solution is an all knowing God who can bring justice to everyone through his infinite wisdom, luckily he loves us and created a beautiful story through his son who died for our sins created by the scam you mention

>> No.12913431

>>12913328
It's never too late, as cliche as it sounds. You have the luxury of having the best resources anyone could ever want online, and the free time to work full-time on your hobby.
>>12913367
Wrong. How good I am in relation to others is irrelevant. I have a vision of what I want to express to the world, and learning how to draw well is a means to that end.
In addition, these hobbies put you into a flow state, which is well-documented to be important for human happiness - and ironically it's the state in which you forget completely about survival.

>> No.12913595

>>12913431
Yes you want to express your vision to the world, impose it on the world, make the world closer to the world you want, which is the world in which you feel like you are in control, in which you will feel more safe. You want to make a world that resembles you. That's all linked to survival. You're focused on seeing survival as the constant need to find food and shelter, but it's also about guaranteeing future survival. And expressing your vision to the world is a means to that end.

Some people dedicate their lives to fighting ideas or people which they consider a threat to their survival, or to that of their family, friends, children, race, species, to what they consider as alike them. And they fight for what they see as guaranteeing future survival. Everything we do is geared towards survival, there's nothing more to existence than that. On the surface we feel like we're doing it for some grander purpose, but looking closer there's no grander purpose, it's all a big scam.

>> No.12913613

>>12912971
Bullshit.
Thats because you spent your money on degenerate ventures you retard.
Money = freedom. Freedom = time.
With time on your hands you can do amazing things (unless you are a useless cuck.)

>> No.12913617

>>12912971
the best things in life are free.

>> No.12913627

>>12912971
I disagree. Money will make me way happier.
>help my parents
>leave venezuela
>actually have a shot at being someone in life
You have to actually be poor to value money.

>> No.12913632

>>12912971
Money is a means, not an end. Sounds to me that you need goals. You said it yourself that you feel happy setting gym goals and seeing results. So set new goals now that you no longer need to worry about money. For example, I always had this dream to set up a farm if I ever become rich. I would constantly keep myself busy by developing and managing it, perhaps even have a small horse paddock by the side as well. If your dream is to start a family, then set lots of family goals like the number of children you want, the number of degrees your children will get, the kind of friends your children will have, etc, and go about achieving it. Though money will make it much easier, you still have to work hard in finding a good neighbourhood to grow up in, good families for networking/social circle for your children, finding good tutors for your children, etc. Above all, always remember to lead by example, children absorb so much from their parents. So set personal goals as well, just like your gym goals. Learn to be a good father. Keep constantly learning, then teach it to your kids, as well as manners, respect and life lessons they don't learn in school. And for fuck's sake, stop doing drugs. Too many families have been ruined by that shit.

>> No.12913652

>>12913613
>amazing things
list what you would do anon

>> No.12913666

>>12913632
good post anon thanks

>> No.12913675

>>12913617
this is why trust fund kids live the best lives, everything for them is free and they never have to work a day

>> No.12913683

>>12913595
Let me put it this way - there are four categories:

1. Things you know that you know
2. Things you know that you don't know
3. Things you don't know that you know
4. Things you don't know that you don't know

For you, the fact that humans can find beauty in purposelessness and vulnerability belongs in the fourth category.

Lastly, you talk as though doing things for the purpose of survival is a bad thing, or disingenuous in some way. It isn't.

>> No.12913754

>>12913683
I was just telling you where your need to express what you want to express to the world comes from.

I wouldn't call it a bad thing, it's just that there is nothing more to the whole of our existence than surviving and spending our time attempting to guaranteeing our future survival, only to die in the end anyway like everyone else. Everything we do is geared towards survival, making survival easier, guaranteeing survival, eliminating threats to survival, we feel good about doing all that every day, and then we die, that's the scam.

You don't embrace purposelessness and you don't find beauty in it, you just blind yourself to the fact that your life purpose stems instinctively from your will to guarantee your future survival as much as possible, and then you die.

>> No.12913783

>>12913754
Sorry you think that way. Must be depressing.

>> No.12913840

>>12913754
>it's just that there is nothing more to the whole of our existence than
Sorry but you're fucking retarded. You have no idea what you're talking about. I find it hilarious that you're completely guessing but talking about it as confidently as if you had just proved some kind of math problem.

>> No.12913907

>>12913783
It is depressing. I wish you could convince me things weren't that way. But it feels like you want to convince yourself they are not that way.

What makes us feel good is what we see as helping us survive. What makes us feel bad is what we see as a threat to our survival. We see killing other beings as horrible, but we have no problem with killing other beings to eat them so we can survive. The nazis could kill jews easily because they felt they were a threat to their survival and that in doing so they were saving their species. We have no problem killing beings we see as a threat or as necessary for our survival. That's the whole hypocrisy of the grand scam, feelings are opportunistic, if we deem some act helps us survive we feel it's morally good to do it, whatever horrible thing that may be in other circumstances.

We're just slaves to our instincts, those feelings which tell us what to do so we can survive. And then we die.

>> No.12913959

>>12913840
It seems that if you had an idea what you were talking about you would have at least given a counterexample to what I was saying, but all you could utter was an ad hominem, as if you were trying to kill these ideas in fear of what would happen to you if they were to take hold in your mind.

>> No.12914005

>>12913907
>It is depressing. I wish you could convince me things weren't that way. But it feels like you want to convince yourself they are not that way.
The same can be said for your own argument. What is an argument, but two people trying to convince themselves of their own positions?

>What makes us feel good is what we see as helping us survive. What makes us feel bad is what we see as a threat to our survival.
You are speaking as though our base instincts are the only things that exist in the human experience. This is not the case. Proof: the fact that we are speaking to each other using language over the internet. This is the result of prosperity, not the struggle for survival.

>We see killing other beings as horrible, but we have no problem with killing other beings to eat them so we can survive.
Speak for yourself. I don't think killing animals is immoral. If you were thrown into a cage with wolves, they would eat you alive. This is the way of nature.
Much of our moral ideas are arbitrary.

>The nazis could kill jews easily because they felt they were a threat to their survival and that in doing so they were saving their species.
They did not kill Jews easily, it is well-documented that Nazi officers were traumatized and sickened by their own actions, but desensitized to it over time.

>That's the whole hypocrisy of the grand scam, feelings are opportunistic, if we deem some act helps us survive we feel it's morally good to do it, whatever horrible thing that may be in other circumstances.
I don't think I ever argued otherwise.

We evolved emotions and feelings that help us survive, yes. But humans are the one animal that can make the decision to control their emotions, channel their sexuality, or train their minds through meditation.
If anything, you are in a unique position of freedom, among countless life forms.

The one example that pretty much blows your argument out is the millions of people who commit suicide.

>> No.12914050

>>12913959
I thought the same way you did regarding meaninglessness when I was 10. As I learned more about physics and computer science I realized there are so many possibilities regarding existence that thinking there is nothing greater to it is just foolish, that's what people do when they can't comprehend how many possible explanations there could be. You make some accurate observations about the things you can observe, but I disagree with the conclusions you draw from that about the unobservable. I don't really feel like debating this because neither of us will change our minds. I think a large portion of the universe is fundamentally unobservable to humans and trying to speculate on it is almost pointless.

>> No.12914127

>>12914005
One thing that may be true (or maybe not) is that the enjoyment of art itself is a result of evolution, and that sharing art in some way helps our species survive. But it doesn't change the fact that when you're doing art, you're doing it for the FEELING OF ENJOYMENT, not for the conscious purpose of helping you survive.

The easiest way to survive in today's world is to be a wagecuck. Yet there are countless wagecucks on here complaining that they hate it, they wish they didn't have to do it, etc. If all existence amounts to is survival, why do so many people rebel against it?

>> No.12914216

>>12914005
>You are speaking as though our base instincts are the only things that exist in the human experience. This is not the case. Proof: the fact that we are speaking to each other using language over the internet. This is the result of prosperity, not the struggle for survival.
How did language evolve in the first place? As a tool to communicate, to help us survive.
What I was getting at really, is that every purpose we find in life can be traced in some way to the fact we feel good about reaching this purpose, and we feel good about it because our brain tells us that reaching it would help our survival (or that of our family/species)

>Speak for yourself. I don't think killing animals is immoral.
You would think killing humans is immoral. Humans are animals. But you consider humans as like you and other animals as unlike you, so you feel bad about killing what you see as like you but you have no problem with killing what you see as unlike you. That's the hypocrisy with feelings, we want what we see as like us to survive, and what we see as different we don't give a fuck.

>They did not kill Jews easily, it is well-documented that Nazi officers were traumatized and sickened by their own actions
Those who saw Jews as human beings like them sure. Those who like Hitler saw them as the devil, they felt good about killing them.

>But humans are the one animal that can make the decision to control their emotions, channel their sexuality, or train their minds through meditation.
I believe some other animals are as smart as us in ways we simply don't comprehend from our human-centric view. Dolphins for instance. Is technology a sign of superiority when we use it to nuke our own species?

>The one example that pretty much blows your argument out is the millions of people who commit suicide.
They commit suicide because they believe they have no other way to stop suffering and it is unbearable. It could be seen as an instinctive way to remove oneself from the gene pool.

>> No.12914358

>>12914127
Yes exactly you're doing it for the feeling, but the reason you have that feeling is because your brain has made calculations and has decided that doing it would benefit your survival or that of what you see as like you, and is driving you to do it through the feeling it makes you experience.

Wagecucking can be pretty hard compared to living on welfare. People rebel against it because inherently it makes them slaves, dependent on someone else whom they have to please to keep surviving. They strive for freedom. And why do we want freedom? Because it gives us a greater ability to survive, the less we depend on others the more options we have, we aren't at the mercy of someone else who gets to decide whether next month we'll be able to afford to stay in the place we live in.

>> No.12914428

>>12914050
I agree that in the unobservable anything is possible, and I want to believe that there is more to existence than surviving, that feelings aren't just tools that tell us what to do so we can guarantee our survival the most we can, but the more I think about the observable the more I see that everything fits in that regard. So then the option is either being depressed, or having happy blind faith about the unobservable when everything within the observable points to the contrary, and I can't get myself to pick the latter option.

>> No.12914476

>>12912971
That's the thing though, you can find beauty in any struggle.
Think of all the struggles you can tackle when you don't have to worry about money.
Maybe you want to learn to create stunning artistic masterpieces. Maybe you want to compose beautiful musical pieces. Maybe you want to create your dream video game, or learn a bunch of languages, or maybe you want to become a politician or activist and change the world.
They're all struggles. So many struggles that we just don't have time for, because we're stuck just trying to put in the hours at work.

>> No.12914512

>>12914428
>I agree that in the unobservable anything is possible, and I want to believe that there is more to existence than surviving, that feelings aren't just tools that tell us what to do so we can guarantee our survival the most we can, but the more I think about the observable the more I see that everything fits in that regard. So then the option is either being depressed, or having happy blind faith about the unobservable when everything within the observable points to the contrary, and I can't get myself to pick the latter option.
You can be happy about the fact that everything we do is for our survival without hiding from it.
Why would you be depressed about it? All it amounts to is an idea.
I would wager that it's because you know on some level that true freedom does exist, but you can't find it.
Perhaps it was there before you were born, and it's still there, but you forgot it existed because you got too caught up in the human experience.
That's where I believe beauty and creativity come from, not evolution or deterministic neurochemicals. But arguing a more metaphysical point would be too tiresome.

>> No.12914591

>>12912971
Unironically, teach people to unfuck their finances without being scammy about it. I've never felt more fulfilled in my profession than when watching people learn.

>> No.12914643

>>12914512
The depression stems from the fact that if everything I want, I want because it would increase my chances of survival (or that of my family/species), and that we all die in the end anyway, then it all becomes fucking pointless and I stop wanting all those things I wanted, and that's depression. Why spend our lives increasing our chances of survival only to die anyway? It's all a pointless endeavor.

Maybe one thing that wouldn't fit in all this is beautiful music. What survival purpose does it serve? Maybe we'll find out that some combination of frequencies have a specific effect on our brain that then has a beneficial survival effect on our physiology, and then I'll even stop enjoying beautiful music because it would be just one more part of this pointless scam, that makes us believe in grand and beautiful things only to take them away from us as we discover they were just the carrot to keep us moving and surviving, going nowhere, just surviving and reproducing.

I really want to believe there is more to existence, sometimes I wonder if I should just kill myself to know for sure, because I don't think I'll get any positive answer in this life, and I don't want to take part in it if it's all fake.

>> No.12914727

>>12914643
>The depression stems from the fact that if everything I want, I want because it would increase my chances of survival (or that of my family/species), and that we all die in the end anyway, then it all becomes fucking pointless and I stop wanting all those things I wanted, and that's depression. Why spend our lives increasing our chances of survival only to die anyway? It's all a pointless endeavor.
You're thinking in terms of life having an end goal, or purpose. This is the root of all human suffering.
When you watch an amazing film, do you stop it halfway through and call it pointless because the film is going to end anyway? I guess you could, but you're just shooting yourself in the foot, when you don't have to.

The end goal of life is to be here right now. There is nothing in the future to look forward to. This. Is. It.

>> No.12914799

>>12913018
Based and the ultimate of red pills

To enhance your perception you become aware of awareness. You interpret your interpretations and ask why until why doesn’t matter anymore because it never did. You only made it seem like it did.

Elevate your consciousness and enter a ‘Christ Conscience’ like state. Sure you can enjoy the simple pleasures - because at the end of the day - it’s your interpretations to what you define. Enjoy the worlds you explore in vidya. Take a sense of pause as you hear the wind and background noise of children and family playing outside or at a party. Be content. Be aware. Then you won’t have to.

>> No.12914809

>>12912971
that was beautiful mang. you a poet

>> No.12914878

>>12914727
But if all the good feelings and all the beauty felt are just there to help us survive and are not the sign of anything else, where's the good and the beauty in them? And if I don't want to hurt other beings, why do they have to die for me to survive?

I feel that if we all lived comfortably we would all survive and reproduce to the point that there would be too many people for too little resources and we would have to kill each other to survive, where's the beauty in that? If life is inherently a competition for survival, only the winners feel good and see the beauty, while those we kill for us to survive suffer, and there isn't any beauty for them. And then beauty becomes this egoistical thing which makes it not beautiful anymore.

I desperately want you to help me, to tell me something that will convince me I'm wrong, this is a cry for help in a sense, I have looked and looked and I haven't found the answer to get me out of this state of mind, it's only the hope there is an answer that keeps me going, but once that hope is gone for good I will have no reason to stay on earth any longer.

>> No.12914998

>>12914878
>But if all the good feelings and all the beauty felt are just there to help us survive and are not the sign of anything else, where's the good and the beauty in them?
It's still there, you're just rejecting it.
I could take upon your belief system entirely and it wouldn't affect my enjoyment of life at all. If anything, knowing the precise science behind emotions makes it even more miraculous to imagine that life has started with a primordial soup and over the course of millions of years organized itself with such complexity.
And in fact, I do agree with it to some extent, but having had some spiritual experiences I know there is more to it than that.

>And if I don't want to hurt other beings, why do they have to die for me to survive?
As far as I know, no one decides to be born as a being that requires meat for proper nutrition. The karma does not rest on us.
The best you can do is reduce meat consumption to the least amount that works for you. For some people, plants ruin their bodies and they have to eat carnivorously. And that's okay.

> too many people for too little resources and we would have to kill each other to survive, where's the beauty in that?
Everything that happens is perfect. This includes rape, murder, torture, along with beauty, bliss, love. The only way anything can be said to be imperfect is through our own judgments.

>If life is inherently a competition for survival, only the winners feel good and see the beauty, while those we kill for us to survive suffer, and there isn't any beauty for them.
The flip side of the hedonistic treadmill (the reason why OP is not happy, even as a "winner") is that the most downtrodden are equally as capable of experiencing beauty as anyone else.
You may want to check out the book "If This is a Man,", it's about a man's experience during the Holocaust. He talks about the psychological side a bit.

>I desperately want you to help me, to tell me something that will convince me I'm wrong
I am trying.

>> No.12915007

How about you simply view for "survival" to be an emergent phenomenon of equilibrium in interaction with others? Survival is a normal surplus product that comes to be even if you don't actively strive for it. If you surround yourself with others who have good morals and are desirable to be around. Unfortunately I feel to be surrounded by anti-social shits (on this planet in general), who dogmatically embrace this anti-social behaviour (liberated sluts and co), and therefore equilibrium = emergent survival is unachievable. Instead it's a constant struggle that doesn't result in survival, but your eventual demise.

>> No.12915048

>not starting an Asian girl harem

It's like you are not even /biz/

>> No.12915089

>>12912971

good for you cunt

I'm at my shit tier office job being a butler for boomers right now

>> No.12915104

>>12914998
>Everything that happens is perfect. This includes rape, murder, torture, along with beauty, bliss, love. The only way anything can be said to be imperfect is through our own judgments.
How is it perfect to murder a defenseless being for one's own selfish enjoyment? If murder is perfect then if we all nuked each other and made Earth inhabitable to all life it would be perfect too? I can see how you could have a positive outlook on existence if you are fine with any outcome, but I suppose that comes from some spiritual beliefs you hold? And if so, what are these beliefs and how did you acquire them?

>> No.12915168

>>12914998
Dude even Leo has a video in which he says that your brain is a machine that focuses on your survival and nothing else.
I think it was made in August 2017.
The other guy I feel is ultimately right.
However it doesn't explain drug addicts etc.

>> No.12915184

>>12914878
Why are some people drug addicts then? Anyone knows that is the antithesis to survival.
I know some dude who walks around the streets alone proclaiming that life is a game.
We are all the same consciousness .
And that he has no ego.
I don't understand him but that's beside the point,
He comes from a rich family.
But the dude goes around lecturing constantly about consciousness he's fucking obsessed.
Is that linked to survival?

>> No.12915201

>>12915104
It all comes from Leo Gura.
Actualised.org
Leo literally has videos saying all what this guy says.
Including the tortured and raped analogy.
I doubt he really understands this himself or has experienced these things.
He seems to be a parrot.

>> No.12915217

>>12915168
What is this video?

I guess drug addicts find in drugs a way to escape something, fear, depression, suffering, ..., eventually they may die younger than if they hadn't taken these drugs, but taking them momentarily takes away a feeling that is seen as a threat to survival. And the addiction is the desire to not make the unwanted feeling come back.

>> No.12915264

>>12915184
Maybe this guy you speak of needs to feel we are all connected, that we are all the same, and that if we all felt that way we would be nicer to each other and would be better off, hence his obsession with making other people see what he sees so that we all would survive better.

>> No.12915279

>>12915201
I'll have a look thanks

>> No.12915318

>>12915217
I looked and tried hard this whole time man.
Not sure which one it is sorry.
Think it's this one.
https://youtu.be/cZPSLBTJXds

>> No.12915333

>>12915264
Some intellect there.
You are clever.
Honestly dude I don't think his videos are great.
They encourage cult like thinking.
Then you begin to say really off stuff like the guy you were debating.
I don't think you'd like Leo's videos.
I do try to avoid them hence why I can't find you that video.
I think Leo talks some shit.

>> No.12915395

>>12913296

What tools are you using anon? I got a similar burst of motivation and started learning 3d modeling.

>> No.12915424

>>12915333
My name is Leo too, maybe that's a sign I should look at his videos, but most likely I'm grasping at straws and won't find what I'm looking for there either. I wish we weren't biological machines enslaved to our feelings, but sadly everything seems to point in that direction, unless we want to believe in spiritual stuff which I see as a cop-out for many to give meaning to their lives, many turn to spirituality after everything else has failed. I went that way too, but then I kept thinking about what we do and why we do it and it seems there is nothing else than survival needed to explain what's going on.

>> No.12915528

>>12914878
I remember being in the same rut as you. I forced myself to face it face the fact that life is ultimately meaningless and therefore you have control of the meaning. You get to make it what you want.

If you're a fucked up person you can decide that your goal is murder or rape and that's why its "perfect", although you and I and many others would not see it as so because that's the meaning that we have given it.

For you i would do some soul searching, find a place you can be completely comfortable and just think, think about what you want. What you want to do with the life that you have been gifted. When I did this I smoked weed sometimes and that helped to uncover somethings, I also has a friend that did mushrooms in his soul searching. However, drugs are not required.

The way you are talking it sounds like you would like to protect those who can not protect themselves, look into jobs and careers where you can do that.

Ultimately Leo, its up to you, you can stay stuck in this rut and not help yourself or you can choose to confront it and uncover what you really want. That is the whole point of life.

>> No.12915676

>>12913675
They can never truly appreciate it though, because they have never had to struggle for it.

>> No.12916015

>>12915104
Again, everything that happens is perfect. It is only human judgment that makes it otherwise.
Are you not making judgments?
I'm not saying you don't try to prevent suffering or stop taking responsibility to create good outcomes, but when something negative happens, there is a sense of trust in the universe rather than a rejection.
This is mainly a component of Eastern philosophy.
>>12915168
Every video Leo has been making since 2017 has been focused on the fact that humans are capable of finding transcendence when they give up survival.
>>12915201
Nothing that I've said is original to Leo, and nothing he says is original to him. He takes his ideas from ancient philosophy.
I would never say something I haven't personally experienced.

>> No.12916041

>>12912971
Happiness comes from within. Reality is perspective, anon. Change your perspective and you will change your life. Stop for once and truly appreciate everything you have, everything you are blessed with, and share it with others. Sharing what you have with those you love is one of life's biggest blessings.

LINK 1K EOY, CHECK EM

>> No.12916252

>>12912971
OP you're either larping or you're really lost.

Either way, shut the fuck up

>> No.12916265
File: 76 KB, 900x700, i_have_no_passiveincome_and_I_Must_scream.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wouldn't say money makes you happy. Money is like fuel. If you have a car and a place to go, you can get there with money. But if you have no destination, all the fuel in the world doesn't matter

>> No.12916391

>>12912971
I have very little sympathy for the “rich and miserable” type of people. If you can’t make it through life with the freedom to do whatever you want, you wouldn’t stand a fucking chance in my shoes. I’d rather worry about hookers and coke not fulfilling me than where my next meal comes from or whether or not I’ll get evicted next month. Grow up.

>> No.12916411
File: 1.39 MB, 315x174, 1527121890179.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12912971
>spending thousands a day on coke, gambling, booze, whore binges. designer clothes, watches
Why would you ever even want to do that, lol?

>> No.12916430

>>12916041
You probably don't realize how fucking stupid you sound when you write something as corny as 'check em' but you literally sound like a fucking clown. So stop it before everyone here including myself laughs at you. Legible English will get you further in life than speak ebonics you twat.

>> No.12917411

>>12916430

nice bait nigger

>> No.12917419

>>12917411
checkem

>> No.12917426

>>12912971
So find something to struggle for other than being a wagie. Learn a martial art, master an instrument, start a business, raise a family, etc. Money alone doesn't make you happy, but having enough to not worry about money helps a bunch.

>> No.12917492
File: 73 KB, 653x648, 1550304540211.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12912971
It does buy happiness, im very happy. Got 15 grams of cocaine left, all the weed i want. I have everything.

>> No.12917821

>>12913162
2nd for meditation

Vipassana is good, Zen is good

I’ve done those goenka retreats a bunch

>> No.12918253
File: 16 KB, 218x231, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12912971
The certainty that I will never go through pic related is a good enough reason to make me happy. I want to buy and manage a small vineyard to keep me busy and I won't have to answer anyone or go through interviewing processes.

>> No.12918865

>>12913140
How appealing does it sound to you right now to start waking up at 6:00 every morning, shitting and then throwing yourself into the shower to wake up and bathe. Immediately stress out when you realize you hit snooze twice, throw on clothes, eat a granola bar and Mt Dew for breakfast while battling bumper traffic to slide into a cubicle hopefully without detection from your boss, as you're 20 minutes late and that's a no-no. Only to sit there in misery tapping on a keyboard playing mental distraction games with yourself on when you're going to look at the clock to see what time it is?

How does doing that for the next 10 years straight sound? Fuck you and your happy shit. Take up golf.

>> No.12919140

>>12918865
10 years is a blessing considering you will have that routine for thrice as long realistically speaking.

>> No.12919237
File: 165 KB, 1200x893, thinkful apu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12912971
an incomplete person wont find happiness in money. you must first find happiness and what it is that makes you happy the gym is a good start. look for free therapy to talk it out. the rapists can't fix you but they might help you find out what it is you want from you. the rapists who are not yet certified need 1000 hours of therapy so you can probably get some free therapy by taking advantage of that.

I suggest meditating and focusing your chi. get a chi hammer and look internally for what it is you need or want in life.

it's always better to have ups and downs than to flatline. financial stability is more desirable than the fleeting happiness of serotonin. happiness comes and goes but your rent and taxes are always on time.

>>12913198
if you truly have made it then I suggest taking a sabbatical. go stay at some monasteries and churches to forge a chi hammer if you don't yet have one. if you have a chi hammer you can hone it's precision and your technique in these places.

pls member that money is an extrinsic tool for extrinsic goals when your problem sounds more intrinsic than anything else. you must embark on a spiritual journey anon. after you have found your chi hammer and focused your chi then perhaps face yourself in an ayahuasca enlightenment escape in south america. be careful if your chi hammer is not skrong enough then your inner demons may be too much for you to handle.

>> No.12919348
File: 93 KB, 1000x800, 1551624103492.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12913164
>>12913238
>>12913367
>>12913595
>>12913754
>>12913907
>>12913959
uhoh looks like someone needs to re-examine maslows hierarchy of needs. don't mistake nihilism as cowardice.

certainly there is an argument to be made that the meaning of life focuses on the fitness of an individual. fitness defined as raising offspring output and opportunities for offspring output.

that does not need to be your existence. it is clear that you perceive this as your and others existence, however you cannot posit or force this perception on others.

it saddens me to see that you perceive yourself and others as defined by this nihilism but it does not have to be your truth. it certainly is not other red ID anons truth as much as you try to dictate to him otherwise.

purposelessness is as beautiful as a flower or firework in that it exists for a finite period to serve its purpose and or be enjoyed and then forgotten or remembered. it does not make it meaningless or a scam no matter how you pose your argument.

>> No.12919384
File: 130 KB, 600x533, 1546406003358.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12913907
>What makes us feel bad is what we see as a threat to our survival. We see killing other beings as horrible, but we have no problem with killing other beings to eat them so we can survive.
example I saw the movie Dominion and learned a lot about the cruelty to animals that is abundant in animal husbandry. it did not make me sad it made me knowledgeable and hungry. I made some chicken tacos.

>We're just slaves to our instincts, those feelings which tell us what to do so we can survive. And then we die.
while we certainly always die we do not need to be a slave to instinct at all. it is the argument that you make at this point about free will. instinctively I want to fuck eat and feel good. I do not rape, murder/steal for food, or get drunk and take drugs 24 7 though. instead I pursue higher purposes and investigate different schools of thought and philosophy to try and determine what it is I feel as though I should do with my limited existence. not by my instinct but by what my freedom grants me to pursue as I so desire rather.

>> No.12919415

>>12912971
Tfw when I can eat sushi every day for free

>> No.12919426

>>12919415
>tfw when
You're also retarded

>> No.12919439
File: 61 KB, 1000x800, Apu_apustaja_peuku_koneenl_a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12914216
>How did language evolve in the first place? As a tool to communicate, to help us survive.
False dichotomy fallacy/dilemma
Language developed as a tool of data manipulation from the first cognizant creatures to share or deny information among each other. While at that time it was certainly survival based it has since become a tool far more malleable.
>You would think killing humans is immoral. Humans are animals.
Tell that to the people who actively enjoy killing not only animals but other people. While there are arguments that someone who kills other people have genetic faults.

You are the one trying to force binary responses in a conversation with someone trying to have open ended discussion by dictating only binary responses as valid you are closing your mind to the other variable thoughts and alternatives and consequences which could come from them.

>> No.12919450

>>12919426
>>12919426
>>12919426
>>12919426
You want some sushi you cranky baby?

>> No.12919550
File: 88 KB, 604x516, 1551436020983.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12914428
>but the more I think about the observable...can't get myself to pick the latter option.
Case in point from my last post you have already dictated a binary option rather than taking in consideration that there are alternatives.

>Maybe one thing that wouldn't fit in all this is beautiful music. What survival purpose does it serve?
finally a crack revealing internal revelation?
>and then I'll even stop enjoying beautiful music because it would be just one more part of this pointless scam
woops back down into the cave
>really want to believe there is more to existence, sometimes I wonder if I should just kill myself to know for sure, because I don't think I'll get any positive answer in this life, and I don't want to take part in it if it's all fake.
that is an idea where you are undeniably wrong. as a thought experiment I want you to remember where you were during the Renaissance period in Europe, the Civil war in America, or the discovery of the lightbulb, once you die your experiences will be exactly as they were for you during those times.

life is inherently meaningless by which it allows us as sentient beings to define a purpose and meaning for it. you focus on extrinsic concepts for the soul purpose of extrinsic value rather than the intrinsic merits that they undeniably possess.

much like the OP you have lost sight of what is important to you and have allowed external factors to determine for you what is or is not important. this appears to be the source of much if not all of your frustration. no one can convince you anything you refuse to believe. you must be the one to take active steps toward reaching a different mindset.

there is work, that perhaps you refuse to perform, while using a nihilistic crutch to wave off alternative perceptions. these alternatives are undeniable in the very least that they exist. case models for examples include myself and red ID anon

>> No.12919659
File: 59 KB, 970x644, 1548967296324.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12915104
actions are without judgement it is only in the eyes of others that they require justification or rationalization. while I understand you are actively using hyperbole lets dial back your example a bit.

>How is it perfect to murder a defenseless being for one's own selfish enjoyment?
a person finds a nest of bird eggs. the person eats them. has he wronged the bird and the unborn fledglings? has the bird failed in defending its own offspring?

same example a wild dog finds a nest and litter of wild piglets. the mother boar kills the dog to protect the piglets. has the boar wronged the dog for protecting its offspring. did the dog wrong the pigs for merely approaching?

its always more than merely a binary reaction.

>> No.12919670

>>12912971
Well said OP