[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 10 KB, 284x178, questioningpepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12903907 No.12903907 [Reply] [Original]

DigitalOcean has charged me $18. I don't remember entering my new card details into DigitalOcean so how did they charge me? Turns out MasterCard offers an "update service" that gives companies your new cards details. This is some next level jewish tricks. How is this not illegal? There was no confirmation or a notice about my new card details being given to DigitalOcean. Also wtf I remember cancelling my payments.

Anyway what can I do to get back my $18? Do I report that transaction to my bank? Do I write to DigitalOcean to give me my money back? I doubt they'll give if they are pulling tricks like these.

>> No.12903987
File: 51 KB, 844x750, digitalocean.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also they do not mention ANYTHING about getting new card details in pic related

>> No.12904052

Bump

>> No.12904161
File: 1.93 MB, 6256x3240, fuckedup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

buuump

>> No.12904842

lmao I remember them charging me too for months after I cancelled. Wells fargo did charge backs on the 3 payments and I got my money back

>> No.12904894

>>12904161
Complain to Mastercard directly reporting that charge as fraudulent.

You will get your money back and the company will be written up

>> No.12904951

>>12904894
Mastercard directly? I'm gonna first talk with my bank tomorrow and then if it won't get resolved I'll talk to Mastercard. I mean $18 isn't anything big, but I feel so fucking scammed. Fucking faggots can charge an expired card.

>> No.12905320

what the fuck?
LAND
OF
THE
FREE

tell me you at least left mastercard

>> No.12905333

>>12905320
I'm in Estonia actually, but it seems this scammy culture is indeed from the land of the free of Israel. I'm gonna call the bank and then mastercard if I have to and see what they'll say.

>> No.12905342

>>12905333
How fucked up is it that they charge you first and leave it to you to fix it. You better ask for reparations.

>> No.12905369

>>12905342
The fucked up part is that I thought my expired card can't be charged anymore since it's fucking expired. But apparently some big nose fellas are providing "update" services so merchants can charge an "expired" card. With all the regulations in finance I do not understand how this is allowed. It's literally fraud.

>> No.12905383

>>12905369
I bet most don't even know about this. People (like me) think that "oh I don't need to recheck what subscriptions I had since I'm getting a new card anyway and the old one can't be charged anymore".

>> No.12905455

>>12904894
>>12903907
Brainlets, listen up:

When you sign up for a subscription service, the subscription itself is registered with the card company. They offer it as a convenience for when you update your card you don't have to go back and change all your subscriptions. They never give info to DigitalOcean, just kept approving the subscription. If you wanted to disable this, you could call them and ask. Or, just don't be a fucking retard and cancel your subscriptions. Gl getting that money back

>> No.12905555

they charge you if you make a fraud contract using a card that expires before they payment s supposed to happen. Dont listen to this faggot. If you order something, pay for it. Fucking Estonia poorfags

>> No.12905800

>>12905555
I used a free trial to test out a web crawling python script. The card was on since November and expired 1 jan. My card expires every year since I have a students card ISIC. There has never been a problem before with other companies like Netflix, Spotify etc when my card was expired and subscriptions where still on.

>fucking poorfag Estonians
Estonia will be one of the most based white countries in the world while shitkins will be taking over EU and US of Israel.

>>12905455
Yea except it could be written somewhere and they could give me a heads up when they got my new card info. Instead they charge me and don't even update my card details on my profile.

>> No.12906306

Fucking digital ocean is such a fucking scam. I cancelled my "subscription" (it is not even a subscription is just bought one thing but in the terms and conditions they automatically sign you up for "recurring bills") there and they are still charging me. I cancel my card and they STILL fucking charge me.

It's annoying as fuck because to cancel i have to go through multiple emails back and forth with staff etc. All for like $30 a month. Other companies do this shit too. I can't wait for crypto so i can be sure when i pay for something, i'm only paying for it ONCE