[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 955 KB, 480x342, 1544285633938.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12866274 No.12866274 [Reply] [Original]

>not a doctor yet
Not going to even dream about making it

>> No.12866359

>>12866274
Wait until your reimbursements get fucked by medicare for all. Better hold off on that Lamborghini.

>> No.12866466

>>12866274
I was going to study medicine because I got into one of the best schools for it, but I thought better of it when I realized that racism is correct and that it really isn't worth all the money in the world to have to treat niggers.

>> No.12866499

>>12866274
Why anybody would want to be a doctor is beyond my imagination. Have you seen even working hours?

>> No.12866736
File: 203 KB, 600x600, Boris_Grishenko_(Alan_Cumming)_-_Profile.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12866274

My older brother lost his mind whilst in med school. Too much pressure from studies and parents. Hes now a schizo with psychotic delusions.

My younger brother and is his wife are both doctors. They work silly hours, but his wife sometimes does locum hours (£50+ an hour). They both make good money but have huge debts from credit cards, car financing. Upside, their rent (£1000 a month) is paid for from the NHS.

Me? Im a NEET with bitcoins with delusion of grandeur and a 2024 retirement dream.

>> No.12866851

Medfag here. Family doctor. Work can be gruelling, could get paid more in other fields, all in crypto since 2016, enjoy my job. Even though I’ve done well in crypto (no debts, house paid off, own a few properties etc), making it for me involves my work. The money’s allowed me more freedom than I imagined to try to excel in my field but making it has more to do with the care of my patients and the community than my bank account. Money is merely a facilitator.

>> No.12866877

>>12866274
You have to be an idiot to be a doctor when there are legions of other comfy jobs around with:
- close wages
- nowhere near as much responsibilities
- much comfier hours

t. final year med student who already tasted slavery before becoming a full time cotton picker

>> No.12867444

>be doctor
>Get told what to do by pencil pushing administrator/hospital exec who got a batchelor/masters degree and makes three times as much as I do.
The real money chaps, is in networking/finance/administration. Go to your best golf course and smooze it up with the real money makers. Unless you love medicine and taking care of people, forget it. DO NOT get into medicine purely for the money, you will get fucked.

>> No.12867460

>>12866466
>it really isn't worth all the money in the world to have to treat niggers.

Cope

>> No.12867494

>>12866274
verpiss dich etzadla

>> No.12867498

>>12866736
>£50 an hour

Holy shit, I can make £200 an hour while gambling with minimal chances of losing lol.

>> No.12867499

>>12867460
You can deal with niggers all you want. I know I don't have to.

>> No.12867588

I'm a hospital admin and I make more than non-surgeons with a bachelors degree.

>> No.12867616

>Critical Care Paramedic part time working ground and flight.
>Career senior firefighter/paramedic
>On the side I contract for large disasters and hold wildland and urban tech rescue certs.

If I'm not polishing my engine for the 10th time that morning, flying around in an aircraft, or sitting in a truck in the middle of nowhere eating an MRE, I'm vacationing because I only work 200 days a year.

I average $30-110 an hour depending on what hat I am wearing that day. Anually on the conservative side I bring in $180,000.

Do you know how many physician friends are jealous as fuck? I'm not a doctor but I get to do all the "cool" advanced procedures with limited if any liability and dont deal with half the bullshit.

Know how many central lines, surgical airways, paralytic intubations, actually cardiac arrest saves I get to do and then hand the patient off for all the boring work?

I know of an RN who specialized in pediatric ECMO and she flies around the world setting up some of the most advanced medical equipment and then vacationing on her off days.

Medicine can be fruitful and rewarding but it's about specialization. I'd argue that the physician route is not as specialized as people assume. There is a shortage in north America and I'd argue the world of primary care, so even if you do want to specialize everything you deal with is a lack of primary care. That is frustrating and bullshit. Cardiologist? Yea you ain't cracking the book open to read up on that one rare congenital anomaly or diagnosing Kounis syndrome on that 25 year old sitting on the cath lab table. You are merely a tech scrubbing out years of neglect and child like lack of self preservation, because 99% of your clientele are a waste of time and resources.

>> No.12867789

>>12866877
this guy gets it
ad you haven't even started medical practice
it's worse than you can imagine
OP go kys you fucking faggot
I wish You and all those army recruiters die long painful death fully overgrown with cancer

>> No.12868076

>>12866736
Crypto won't moon till 2100, we are all doing this for nothing.