[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 56 KB, 621x702, vO7lRZ7.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12855674 No.12855674 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /biz/

I have recently come into some money and want some ideas about how to invest.

>27 yo, male, UK citizen
>Employeed full time
>Debt free
>40,000 GBP liquid

I thought about buying a house in cash (some areas this is feasible for this amount). I may wait until post-Brexit (the Bank of England estimates house prices falling tehn) and giving it over to an estate agency to rent out for me.

Or maybe I can put down the money as a deposit on several rental properties, but there is greater risk if they go empty.

Or are there other options for a noob with this cash?

>> No.12856199

>>12855674
bumping my own thread here, plz help anons.

>> No.12856266

>>12855674

£40k???

You cant do shit with £40k. Its a healthy deposit on ONE property. Or maybe you could buy a nice field or an allotment or something.

>several rental properties

No bank will give you a mortgage for several rental properties unless you have some serious assets already.

>> No.12856290

>>12856266
I have a friend who is a property manager and he has clients that buy a house in the Midlands (lower income for UK) for 40-50K outright and he rents them out. They are not glamorous, but they are steady and always filled. If I can split that into two or three deposits in that area, I may be able to secure that.

It doesn't have to be property, I am willing to invest in anything that shows a return/is reliable.

>> No.12857242

>>12855674
anybody else?

>> No.12857266

If you can find a property for that price in an area that is lucrative to rent out, you should do this. Also consider doing Airbnb if it is somewhere special or if the house is somehow unique.

>> No.12857328

>>12857266
thanks anon, this is what I was thinking. There are very working class areas in the Midlands in the UK which you can buy a shithole outright for, but they stay rented usually as the bottom rung of the aldder is always occupied. There might not be many rich, but there are always poor people.

The problem is, that money won't multiply itself there. I'll get a couple a hundred a month extra which will be nice, but it won't make me ten grand in a couple of years or anything.

Any non-property ideas?