[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 53 KB, 640x480, 4chan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1282850 No.1282850 [Reply] [Original]

so im thinking of starting this small party rental company

I already have the
>jumpers/tables/chairs
>helper
>car
what i don't have is the most crucial
>customers

i guess what i'm asking is what should be my next move towards like actually getting sales started? do i start texting everyone i know or use to know telling them
>"hey man just thought i should let you know that i'm starting up a party rental company and i just wanted to let you know about it" ?

i feel like it sounds too desperate but at the same time i am desperate to start working again but i wanna do it on my own terms while i look for a a steady paying job. recently left company i was working with for 2 years and my postions were the follow: director of operation, data entry, direct sales rep via farmers markets & festivals, product manager, product packager, shipping/receiving, chef, assistant chef/food prep, and dishwasher/bitch boy. i was getting paid late checks @ minimum wage ($10.50). my sleep schedule sucked balls because my work schedule sucked even more balls.
>Mon-Sat 5pm-3am
>Sun 7am-3pm

i honestly don't want to go back to that shit. i have interview with retail company doing low level shit next week but don't know how that's gonna go after the background check. so needless to say i want to start my own shit to avoid interviews and to avoid not just sitting around my house not doing shit. most people around where i live say "i love to work! i love to work gibs me a job" but most of the time there full of shit. i actually enjoyed working but was getting taken advantage of constantly. this is turning into a rant so ima stop here.

>> No.1283084
File: 61 KB, 504x503, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do you live in a college town?

If so, post a job listing for unpaid interns or "brand representatives". Give it a fancy title like Marketing/Sales Acquisition Intern and watch the applications roll in.

You'll want students who are SUPER social. Meaning they are in Greek Life or have extensive social connections.

You then give them a sales quota and provide them with a good kickback for making sales for your company.

That gives them an incentive to just sell to their friends/network so that they can get paid for the party they were going to have anyway (accept they're using your rentals!!!)

BONUS: You can require them to do social media marketing and run online campaigns for you because you're the boss. And as an unpaid intern, you only need to pay them if they make a sale.

>> No.1283115

>>1283084

Pretty much this. Also helps if you actually can get a foot in the door at a local university. My school had a whole wing for entrepreneurship programs in the business building and my first job was a paid internship doing graphics work for a local company. You need to actually come off as personable and professional and not autistic though.

Also SEO a website for your service and focus an google adwords campaign in your immediate area (use terms that are specific to where you are and what you do). Give yourself a name with lots of keywords like "Party Rentals (Insert Name of City Here)" or something stupid like that and build the site on Wordpress because Google gets a huge hard on over shit built on WP. Pepper your site with keywords, link it to a facebook page, consider posting content somewhat regularly (it helps get your site to the top of search results if its updated more often).

Also, unrelated, but the easiest money you'll ever make is advertising a moving business at places that rent Uhauls. A buddy and I started a business in my college town where we would fill up U-hauls that people would bring to their houses and then follow them to where they were going and unload. Charged $70 bucks an hour and got the point where we would just hire frat dude freshman, pay them 15 an hour each, and then kick back and get stoned all day. On move in days, we could bring in like $1200 doing literally nothing.