[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 19 KB, 193x243, oy vey.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1276955 No.1276955 [Reply] [Original]

Retail fag here.

Any anons with experience in the industry have any advice to share about setting up good merchandise displays on endcaps? I'm trying to learn about how to merchandise my inventory but getting fucking nowhere.

>> No.1276982

Do you sell online?

>> No.1276995

>>1276982
Nah. I work in a physical location.

>> No.1277005

>>1276995
I guess more details are in order.

>Work in big box retail
>Supervise pets department
>Dedicated pets store 5 minutes away puts my sales through the wringer
>Need to figure out which items to display, but not sure whether to go for top sellers or best profit margins, since very little of my merchandise is seasonally-related, most of it gets consistent year round sales

>> No.1277029

>>1276955
The reality is that corporate is going to fuck you no matter what you do. The best you can do is either follow the planogram they send you or only put stuff you have enough of on the end caps. Nothing, except Walmart piggy trough bins, looks lower class than an end with gaping holes.

>> No.1277038

>>1277005
your issue isn't displays, it's most likely lack of knowledge + customer service

specialized stores will always shit on you, your competitive advantage is cheap prices and retarded consumers as a big box retail

>> No.1277052

>>1277029
Corporate loves sending me shit that doesn't sell and takes up space for months at a time. For everything other than that and my top sellers, I usually have to resort to ordering more of something to keep an endcap full.