[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 21 KB, 220x330, 220px-Plato_Silanion_Musei_Capitolini_MC1377.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12768986 No.12768986 [Reply] [Original]

>be me
>no friends, shit job earning 40k p/a
>31
>aspergers
Is it realistically possible to start and succeed at business at my age (by succeed I mean get to an annual net income of $200k USD p/a) - if it takes several years, thats fine - but is it possible?

>> No.12769020

>>12768986
>be you
>my fren, make the best of your current job
>different than others
Find something you are good at that not a lot of people do but what actually might provide value. Since you are a self-proclaimed aspi you are already different than most people.

Make the best out of it

>> No.12769029

>>12768986
What does your age have to do with it? It's not like you want to become an athlete or musician.

>> No.12769073

>>12768986
business without basic social skills will be very difficult. also, you didn't provide any information whether you identified an opportunity to start a business, so i assume the idea of becoming an entrepreneur is only based on the wish to leave your current life behind. becoming self-employed or starting a business is not a well thought out thing in this case, i guess. if you are not happy in your current situation as employee or if you generally struggle with life you could ask a professional life coach, your best friend or psychologist for help. identifying a path to success (whatever success means for you) is mostly about honest but also gracefull reflection about yourself. i hope you'll succeed, anon.

>> No.12769091

Dude, thank you for spelling "friends" the correct way. All too many turds on /biz/ think they're being edgy and hip by spelling it wrong. If I could I would give you a high five, my friend

>> No.12769095

>>12769073
I have "started" a few businesses, but I never took them seriously.

Sold on ebay and gumtree for a short time, and started a e-mail management business - but got a bit scared when I got my first sales call (well free client) - I ignored the call.

Long story short my aim is for long term assive income so I'm opting to self-publish on kindle store and also operate a blog which will do affiliate marketing and create and sell my own course on whatever my skill will be.

>> No.12769102

>>12769095
sales is going to be my core skill which I will be learning, and then I can probably adapt to different niches if I learn enough about sales (that's the plan anyway)

>> No.12769107

>>12769091
no worries "friend"

>> No.12769145

>>12769095
ah, than it's a bit different (and better than i thought). you also identified your problem(s) which is good.
> got afraid about my success
i guess everything you'll need is a plan. maybe you were only afraid of the call because you realized you had no plan?

>> No.12769188

>>12769145
Yeah basically I forgot all about that I had the phone call scheduled and I didn't even expect the person to show up.

I can make plans, but the only one I've followed so far is the way that Tim Ferriss suggested doing - small incremental changes -

-for instance write a book, people say write a page a day, but Tim suggests go simpler and write a sentence a day - the idea being that you should make a task so simple, it's impossible that you couldnt finish it - and usually if you complete a small tasks, that alone gives you the motivation to go.

Long term I wouldn't mind being a coach in something, but that fields heavily saturated now.

>> No.12769192

>>12769188
so yes, lack of a plan was the major problem there.