[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 3 KB, 240x101, 7AACCDDF-D05C-4AE7-9C3D-58BCE3FBCDED.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12643029 No.12643029 [Reply] [Original]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/10/15/fidelity-launches-trade-execution-and-custody-for-cryptocurrencies.html

>The new company will handle custody, or how to safely store digital assets. Crypto companies Coinbase, Gemini (run by the Winklevoss twins), BitGo, Ledger and ItBit are among those already working on similar solutions. Japanese bank Nomura also announced plans in May to offer crypto custody, and Goldman Sachs and Northern Trust are reportedly exploring custodial services. But until now, there's been a noticeable lack of a big U.S.-based incumbent like Fidelity officially entering the space.

Wall Street firm Fidelity will open cryptocurrency trading service for hedge funds and other clients. Institutional money is literally at the door and you faggots are selling your coins to whales like weak handed cucks. Just wait until March-May, faggots, you will be richly rewarded.

>> No.12643036

When in 2025 lol

>> No.12643040

>>12643029
Institutions haven’t even entered the scene, imagine the pump they will cause when they finally deem it safe to enter. It’s only a matter of time before they do:

>Part of the risk in cryptocurrency investing, which experts say has largely barred institutions from embracing these digital assets, is how to prevent them from being hacked. As of the end of June, $1.6 billion in cryptocurrency had been stolen from clients, according to CoinDesk's 2018 State of Blockchain Report.

>> No.12643059

>>12643036
> Being this out of the loop
They already have had select clients running a pilot program with full release to institutions between now and march. No plan for retail customer access yet.

>> No.12643076

>>12643040
This. They just needed a platform they trust which is understandable. I don't think any of them are afraid of new opportunies or risk from crypto, just the insecurity of a new platform. I think Fidelity doing it is huge and is being under reacted to. It's expected to launch with at least BTC and ETH, with possibility of up to 5 altcoins. In 2 years time the other big guys will have to offer a platform as well.

>> No.12643104

>>12643076
This. The slow but steady process of Institutional adoption has begun. This convinced me that we actually are earlynadopters. Norman’s will most likely fomo I’m at $50,000, because at that price they’ll feel like it’s a safe investment.