[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 42 KB, 460x215, header.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12637793 No.12637793 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone explain why its so popular?

I've played it and found it way too tense, not even fun it's just fucking stressful

t. Boomer

>> No.12637833

>>12637793
No competitors

Same reason fortnite got so popular (nothing else on console at the time, think pubg only just got ported to ps4)

>> No.12637848

New gen seems to like it.

>> No.12637885

>>12637833
What is h1z1 and 12 other battle royales?

>> No.12637890

>>12637885
Alright I should have been clearer. Very few competitors and they were all clearly made on miniscule budgets.

>> No.12637898

Played it for a year, stopped 2 months ago
Stress and adrenaline are what that make this game good + the fact it's realistic (no dash, no wtf weapon ... ).
And if you die ... well it's over, so you have to play perfectly and be smart ( choose the fight you want to take or not, positionning according to the ground ... )

>> No.12637917
File: 171 KB, 326x281, zoomertidepod.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12637793
28 yo zoomer here

Most of my friends are pretty much gaming boomers and they all really liked this game. It is intense, I think one thing the game did well was the bullet physics. It makes it really rewarding to hit shots on players who are at long distance.

It felt comfy/intense at the same time. Just holding up in a russian apartment building with your bros, having one guy watch the steps while the others shoot enemies from the windows. Setting up traps on the bridge and waiting for just the right moment to ambush the guys going across.

It is strange, I don't feel nearly as HYPE to play the game anymore. I think the fact that it doesn't work well and is glitchy can make it a chore at times. I honestly think the game could become super popular again if they put some money into fixing up bugs.

Unironically the most fun I had playing a game with friends since CS or WoW came out.

Also the problem with PUBG now is most players left are very serious, this happens with a lot of games. The players at every rank get better, and bad players who couldn't get the hang of it just quit. PUBG is basically in that phase. You can't go around getting 20 kill solo games anymore. Unless you play on a chink sever, they all suck.

>> No.12638944

>>12637917
Chink servers are kinda shit
So many hackers after the purge
It has gotten worse with lots of new exploits