[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.68 MB, 2048x1111, 1547224416137.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12622627 No.12622627 [Reply] [Original]

As a young adult in high school (such as my self), is there any jobs I could apply for that doesn't involve food service? I hate the restaurant business more than I hate myself. Ideas?????

>> No.12622685

i googled about coldstone creamery singing

"Your interview usually includes improvisational singing, but your performance quality really isn't what they care about. They usually are simply looking for outgoing and fun potential employees."

ho my god

>> No.12622738

>>12622627
It's a coming of age thing and everyone should work shit-tier jobs at least once. Unironically builds character. My first jobs weren't food service though. I got one as a page in a research library (pretty cool job) and one doing groundskeeper work in the projects (pleb work but the fulltimers liked me because the other kids they hired were lazy fucks). Last day of that job they bought a bunch of beers to drink with me.

>> No.12622748

>>12622685
The epitome of wage cucks

The Disney store does that too

>> No.12622780

>>12622738
I'll look into that. Thx

>> No.12622810

Do not ever work a service job. Honestly, if I were in high school I'd email companies telling them you'd like to do X when you graduate and inquire if they're willing to take you on as an apprentice/intern/trainee/etc. I.E...Hey I'd like to learn some woodworking, welding, or whatever they do. As long as it's a skilled trade. Do that while going to a community college when you graduate high school. Invest all the shekels you make along the way. Retire by 30.

>> No.12622831

>>12622810
Thinking about doing plumbing, or some other trade.

>> No.12622853

I'm 19 and work in a Pajeet cornerstore popping frozen pizzas into an automated oven. Shit's easy as fuck. Try and find a job like that, not at McSlave

>> No.12622877

>>12622853
Sounds like a good gig. Not to many pajeet shops where I'm at but I'll look into it

>> No.12622944

FedEx, ups, Amazon warehouse works is cool. Currently a package handler for $13.25 and hour about 20 hours a week about $250 a week I worked up to and around 40 hrs before but that was for peak, could get more now if I want but I'm taking a break to workout.
>If you're a fatty this job is perfect for weight loss as long as you aren't a lazy shit and treat it like a workout. Turnover is pretty high so many new faces, networking for drug dealers, and sometimes we get some pretty chicks working there.
> The job is mostly physical but not hard. Plenty of free mental space and time while you work.
Sometimes I'll head in tripping on acid but mostly I'll get high before.
There's no boss up my ass or bosses boss up his ass and my boss will even go around helping loaders even though he doesn't have to. Overall a solid 7/10
P.s. you can scream and get mad as fuck kick boxes and throw shit and they won't do anything so long as you're a good worker.

>> No.12622985

>>12622944
>networking for drug dealers

lmfao this part is so true my guy works at UPS