[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.99 MB, 270x188, 1451960607842.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1260452 No.1260452 [Reply] [Original]

I went to my local Credit Union and decided to try getting a credit card. I explained that I am a new graduate with a monthly income of 4k and have been working for 3 months. I was promptly denied. I wanted to get the credit card to at the very least get some credit rolling, but even that plan went bust. What do I do?

>> No.1260458

Capital One gives cards to anyone.

>> No.1260801

I got denied everywhere until i got my parents to add me as an autgorized user

>> No.1260843

>>1260452
This American "credit" system is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If you have bad credit, you basically have to throw away money to creditcard companies to get it back. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't think you should incentivize people who are already bad with money to use credit cards.

>> No.1260915

Get a secured credit card. You out a security deposit down, that's your limit, and you use it like a regular card. It'll help build your credit. Eventually, you'll be able to request an unsecured card - the same provider may offer it automatically after some time.