[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 36 KB, 647x647, 1548190199734.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12546429 No.12546429 [Reply] [Original]

I'm just reading Life After Google and came across these:
> Radical Inclusion: no prerequisites for participation.
> Gifting: offerings with no expectation of return.
> Decommodification: exchange unmediated by commercial sponsorship or advertising, which are associated with what is termed exploitation.
> Radical Self-reliance: depend on inner resources.
> Radical Self-expression: art offered as a gift.
Communal Effort: striving to produce, promote, and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support human community.
> Civic Responsibility: value civil society and obey laws.
> Leaving No Trace: the ecological virtue that contrasts with industrial pollution and human taint.
> Participation: a radically participatory ethic; transformative change, in the individual and society, can occur only through personal participation that opens the heart.
> Immediacy: no idea can substitute for immediate experience . . . participation in society, and contact with a natural world exceeding human powers.

>> No.12546452

There's a lot of good ideas there, and biz is probably the last place I would go for intelligent conversation about them.

But what is your question, exactly? "How do these premises help us" is a bit too vague to know how to respond.

>> No.12546466
File: 791 KB, 2268x1500, 1500122823933.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12546452
Beyond shitposting /biz/ is sometimes intelligent. I left it vague on purpose but if you want to explore the nuances: how do these premises help us when we make it? How do these premises help us in business today? (especially since the author is arguing that Big Data will fall because of the failure of centralised systems and blockchains will lead the future... Google succeeded with these premises... will they become irrelevant in the future blockchain decentralised economy?)

>> No.12546492

>>12546429
Bring those over to some philosophy board like /lit/ or something, I started reading this thinking it was about actual things people actually. As in a service or item you can sell. Sounded scammy until I caught on. If you can't manage to just do work, learn skills, and sell both for money then you're fucked anyway. The method doesn't really matter, it's a natural thing anyone can do.

>> No.12546913

>>12546429
To find opportunities, see where society is going. That's how it helps you. Decent book BTW. I read "The Sovereign Individual" recently, similar stuff - aged fairly well. He underestimated the ability of governments to adapt to the Internet quite a bit - but then it's early days yet. I'd recommend you check that out at some point if you're into that sort of thing.

>> No.12546922

>>12546492
>/lit/
>philosophy
Why, so you can convince him that really, deep down, communism is wonderful and totally respects individual rights? Go back.

>> No.12546929

>>12546429
That is a really convoluted way of saying we need get rid of all the brown people and live in Asian and Caucasian society.

>> No.12546931

>>12546429
>Radical Inclusion: no prerequisites for participation

Directly contradicted by all other points.

Exclusion based on merit is the only way to incentivize growth, otherwise lazy faggots will simply fuck off all day (as they do Now if given the chance)

>> No.12546990
File: 135 KB, 634x793, 1544924740275.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12546466
I wrote a couple paragraphs that I thought were meaningful but then became frustrated with the wording and didn't want to go through the trouble to edit everything (phoneposting) so you'll have to be satisfied with this roastie.
Keep reading bro, LAG will keep you thinking for weeks.