[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 37 KB, 696x449, Insider-Trading.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12511447 No.12511447 [Reply] [Original]

I've been doing some research on SkyCoin after seeing it shilled heavily here and what I have discovered has raised a lot of red flags.

CEO sounds like a lunatic who lies and exaggerates about everything
Community manager Sudo has created a toxic community of moonboys (their telegram is just 'when moon, when lambo' repeatedly
Team is mostly anonymous, nobody knows who’s really in control of anything
Telegram room is dead - mostly just bots and schoolkids bickering about the price
Insider trading among the early investors seems to be very common according to reports
Partnership with self-confessed drug taker John McAfee (bad for any crypto project)
McAfee's "tattoo" may be fake and was most likely paid for
SkyCoin lied about a partnership with Binance (Binance has never confirmed it)
Sold "miners" to idiots for $20,000 to mine a pre-mined token WTF?
Claim to have 9500 nodes deployed but each Sky Miner has 1-8 nodes so it's really only 1000-2000 actual nodes
Desktop wallet doesn't work, takes forever to sync and then the SkyCoin tokens go missing
iOS wallet has been rejected by Apple in China due to potentially breaking the law
Their much publicized antennas for the Sky Miners still doesn't exist (all they produced are CGI renders)
They released a hardware wallet but it hasn't been independently tested - beware, it could steal your coins
Coin Hours tokens are literally worthless
SkyCoin token has no function on the network, not used for anything
The SkyCoin "blockchain" is just a database running on a server (no consensus algorithm)
The only games or apps running on Skycoin CX are literal rubbish like pacman and flappybirds
Very little real GitHub activity (mostly just updating PDFs) which suggests team has stopped developing
SkyCoin CEO already faked his own kidnapping as an excuse to dump millions of coins
All the ICOs/projects launched on SkyCoin Fiber have already exit scammed

SCAMCOIN! SHITCOIN! This coin should be banned and censored on biz.

>> No.12511622

Bump if you think Skyshit should be banned.

>> No.12511664

Lol still the same ol Copy Paste FUD?

Find a coin u like and spread d love instead.

Peace out

>> No.12511793

>>12511664
It'd be fud if it was a lie - most of that is actually provable fact.

>> No.12512183

>>12511793

I'll check in late Q1 or earlier. And we shall see :)

>> No.12512203
File: 95 KB, 1024x768, skyexcellence.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>notice me biz-chan

>> No.12512421

>>12511447
It's pretty much guaranteed that Synth will dump and run from SkyCoin before the project gets anywhere close to achieving its goals. He's been planning this at least since 2012:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2012/02/07/what-startup-could-make-me-a-millionaire-in-four-years-if-i-got-hired-as-an-employee-today/#4ae0d074402f