[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 67 KB, 633x758, 1540024055493.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12506193 No.12506193 [Reply] [Original]

how do i gain the motivation to do literally anything? i know how to make money, i have the skills, but lack the motivation. i just browse the computer all day, eat a few times, then go to sleep for 12 hours. help

>> No.12506199

>>12506193
I'm in the same boat. I'm considering renting a room cut off from everything but my guitar and books to break the cycle.

>> No.12506241

you are overestimating your ability. if you just get started, you will find you don't know exactly what to do in every situation and the challenge of it will keep you going.

>> No.12506255

>>12506199
i'm cut off from virtually everything right now and it makes it worse. you need balance

>>12506241
you couldn't be more wrong

>> No.12506265

>>12506255
drink water with salt and then meditate

>> No.12506271
File: 29 KB, 632x570, Whogivesafuck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sounds like a good life, anon. why are you upset?

>> No.12506276

>>12506255
lol, you will die and accomplish nothing. all because you are a massive fag. fuck you.

you will simply be another body on the pile.

>> No.12506311

Adderal

>> No.12506344

>>12506276
you know I'm fully aware of this, right?

it's like there is a mental block preventing me from doing the things that matter

>> No.12506376

>>12506193
I know the secret.
It consists of three things.
1. Stop jerking off. - With testosterone flowing through your body, you will be compelled to release it by doing something new.
2. Eat better - this goes without saying... Eating better will make you feel better and will make it easier to try new things.
3. Make a goal with a due date AND TELL OTHER PEOPLE. - when other people in your life ask you about your goal, you will feel compelled to do something so that you don't look like a loser to them as well as yourself.

If you can't follow these three steps, in short: you're fucked buddy.

>> No.12506410
File: 610 KB, 1194x1194, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12506311
Unironically this. When I’m off it I lose drive - sleep and get tired so easily, and watch mindless Netflix or anime. When I get on it and it kicks in - I realize the wasted use of time and see clarity once again to make things right.

It shows you what you need to do and the steps you can take to achieve it but only once you have a goal set. If not - you’ll be more productive than when off it but you’d be only doing 10% when you could finish entire plans and execute a method to achieve it. OC pic I made. Just liked it when I used to heavily focus on graphic design

>> No.12506425

>>12506410
What would I tell my doctor? Would I be able to take the medication to get out of a rut and then discontinue it?

>> No.12506430

>>12506311
>>12506410
I can't fuck my head up even worse than it is

>>12506376
3. will never work for me because I've reached the point where I've disappointed myself so many times, I hardly care if I disappoint anyone else. I've come to accept my failure

>> No.12506433

>>12506193
realize that your parents are eventually going to stop paying for things. once you get over the initial sense of betrayal, get to making your own money and living to the fullest

>> No.12506448
File: 859 KB, 805x783, 7A3C2D14-F230-47BF-A960-C5496DD72484.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12506193
I love how this thread is going at 1am on a Monday morning while I procrastinate sleep so I can shitpost about crypto and life. The universe is telling me to go to sleep.

>> No.12506449

>>12506376
Can someone redpill me on nofap?

>> No.12506454

>>12506425
Chances are from the things you say - you have A.D.D like me. If you drink caffeine and instead of waking you up it makes you tired - it’s a clear sign of a.d.d since our brain is wired differently. Caffeine only works once you already are on meds but without them you avoid it to avoid sleeping. Just be honest with how things are difficult to focus on and you’ve been trying but it’s getting to the point you had to make a doctor appointment to find solutions. Took me a month and a psych but afterwards I was solid with all future doctors. They just wanted to make sure I was getting proper nutrition so they made me take fish oils and vitamin b - and this was with me already working out quite a bit and doing high intensity training and long run endurance so they couldn’t say it was because I wasn’t exercising. Put me on Ritalin first. It worked but was too short duration. Asked to try adderall once they knew I could handle Ritalin and I’ve been on it since for years.

>> No.12506479

>>12506433
>making your own money and living to the fullest
been there, done that. I would hardly refer to it as "living to the fullest"

>> No.12506485

>>12506449
I tried it thought it was bullshit.
Went back to tapping and my skin broke out.
Didn't believe it and thought it was voodoo.
Decided to try it again.
Found myself learning how to program with Java and my skin became really clear. (took a month though).

>> No.12506496
File: 439 KB, 1999x2526, 1542477925641.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12506449

>> No.12506505

>>12506193
Punch the computer screen as hard as you can
Then get really pissed you punch your screen
The go run as far as you can and lift as many weights as you can until all the stress is gone.
If you are still stressed, you still have the energy to keep going. You must burn the sickness out first, like an addict on meth. Burning the addiction out of yourself causes the most stress.

>> No.12506537

>>12506448
That pic kek

>> No.12506539

>>12506425

not that guy, but I can give you some advice how I did it. I'm from a very small rural area, the bigger city you are in the easier this will be.

I have narcolepsy and it got worse as I got older to eventually being where I was fucking useless. I could literally sleep 20+ hours and still feel tired. Besides this, I knew I was going into REM sleep immediatly and somemthing was fucked up with my sleep cycle, I would have lucid dreams within minutes and sometimes even sleep walk in under an hour of falling asleep. My brain never shut down while sleeping and would talk, violently jerk and quiver while sleeping. Doctors only wanted to give me SSRIs and I couldn't afford a quality neuro + sleep studies.

Anyway, this is what you do. First find someone you uses addy if you can and ask who prescribes them. If you don't know someone, start calling around small internal medicine clinics, preferably get a nurse practitioner over a doctor (any doc in a IM clinic is gonna be a salty fuck, NPs are younger and more liberal). This still might end up being a gamble, but you only need to get the script 1 time for proof you used to be on it and its easy from there.

Once you have an appointment this is what you tell them : You used to be on adderall when you were a teenager for 5+ years, then you got off it. Why did you get off? The easiest reason is your mom stopped paying for it at X age and you couldn't afford it, but now you can and you really need to get back on because you struggle greatly with your job/college. If she asks where, say another state where you grew up, and now live here. Your hope here is they don't demand records of this, and your last resort is pleading that you don't know how to get them and it was when they used paper records and aren't sure if they can even mail them from out of state.

This is getting long ill just give you some cliff notes for the rest on the next post 1/2

>> No.12506540
File: 731 KB, 750x1334, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12506449
The Tibetan 6th rite. Only males can do it. Being a /x/ lurker with occultism - many prominent people and researchers confirmed and suppressed the fact if men abstain - it transmutes the semen you’ve retain - and forces it upwards as energy that you project with your volition in reality | the 6th requires extreme discipline as most cannot or chooses not to stop sexual activity. Instead of throwing it away - you transmute it.

> stand tall with shoulders and legs spread evenly with arms at your side

> take a breath through your nose and our your mouth

> you then breathe out as hard as you can through your nose

> you then bend down placing both your hands on your knees and squeezing the last bits of air out of your lungs and diaphragm while forcing yourself to not breathe

> while forcing your lungs to not breathe after squeezing ALL or as MUCH air out - place both hands on your hips standing tall - pressing them hard against your hips while AS HARD AS YOU CAN you squeeze and pull your core as tight as you can sucking it in

> FOR AS LONG AS YOU PHYSICALLY CAN you remain in this stance holding your breath, squeezing your core inside and the diaphragm while pushing your hands on your hips

> it’ll start to burn and you’ll want to breathe thinking it’s good enough - no - until your body physically bursts open your nose - remain

> After this you’ll eventually break and breathe deeply in - and when you do - catch the breathe and slowly exhale through the mouth and ensure you break and sharply breathe through your nose

As you exhale - slowly lower and bring your arms to your sides gently from where they were on your hips

> this is one rep
3 can null any urge - 4 guarantees it
The struggle with it is if you want to know that you can stop it but choose not to when you want to feel pleasure

Pic related. This was so significant to just nofap I wrote down the rite

>> No.12506541

>>12506255
>You couldn't be more wrong
Have fun in life with that attitude you dumbfuck moron

>> No.12506551

>>12506541
I'm not overestimating my ability at all since I've done this professionally. just stop

>> No.12506571

>>12506539

when you are at your appointment just give the generic ADD symptoms. Don't talk about sleeping too much or depression or anti-social stuff at all. These docs are going off a checklist from like 10 years ago when they started handing this stuff out to kids. Can't focus, impulsive, get annoyed easily, impatient, too much "nervous energy", can't sit still for computer/tests. I also added problems with relationships for getting overwhelmed with small problems easily, but that ones up to you.

That's the best you can do, might have to eat the cost of 1-2 appointments before you find someone to give you the script but you will eventually. Just make sure you call first and explain " I was on X medicatiion years ago and I need a new script, can you do this for me". Because some will say they need some bullshit 2k+ dollar evaluation from a shrink first.

Good luck

>> No.12506602

>>12506571

Oh forgot to add. Show up in good clothes, well groomed, speak professionally. Don't give any indication you have or ever used recreational booze or drugs in your past. Do not make any emotional plea, only moderate frustration in yourself for having these problems.

>> No.12506608
File: 455 KB, 865x736, meme3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12506496
>>12506540
semen retention... I always posited that if there was that significant a benefit to recycling your own semen, why not ingest other peoples?

>> No.12506649

>>12506479
ok, nigger, then find a person that you wouldn't mind spending the rest of your life with.
>inb4 le trad wife meme debate

that's not at all what i'm getting at. Just find someone and love them, even if they don't reciprocate your feelings with the same intensity. Companionship is how most people distract themselves

>> No.12506669

>>12506454

>Chances are from the things you say - you have A.D.D like me. If you drink caffeine and instead of waking you up it makes you tired - it’s a clear sign of a.d.d since our brain is wired differently.

This is also true. I have narcolepsy like I explained earlier, but it's very similar to ADD in that it's mostly a dopamine problem and why adderall is the only thing that helps. Before adderall I was consuming upwards of 1000mg of caff a day and still felt tired. Now I use about 100mg in the morning, and 200-300 mid day depending on if I exercise.

Ritalin is horrible for me though. It literally turns me crazy and the side effects are horrible. It's not even a good stim. The dopamine benefit is like 1/3 of add. From what I researched before, it doesn't produce dopamine, it only slowly down reuptake.

>> No.12506691

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJbgJmXIxAo

Experimenting with raw meat eating recently. Theres an odd correlation between my motivation to do things and the amount of raw minced meat I ate recently.
It's odd and isn't directly noticeable.
Ordered my raw unpasterized, grassfed cow derived milk and cream + odd raw honey products today to see where it will lead me.

>> No.12506701

>>12506691
>Ordered my raw unpasterized, grassfed cow derived milk and cream + odd raw honey products today to see where it will lead me.
poorer and stranger

>> No.12506709

>>12506701
God forbid I stand out.

>> No.12506766

>>12506193
You might be addicted to the internet (yes, it’s a very real thing) or have ADD. If it’s internet/ gaming addiction it will take time to improve. It won’t be something you can just wake up one day and solve. You need to slowly cut it out and start doing more productive things with your life. Also, make sure you sleep and wake up at the same time every day, fix your diet and see some friends. Its very important that you realize it will a long time and a lot of effort to get back on track if you’ve been living this easy life for a long time. Try just studying/working for 1 hour per day and be genuinely proud of yourself when you manage to do it. Then slowly increase the workload from there.

>> No.12506769
File: 174 KB, 276x214, pierzga.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12506691
Didn't even know something like Bee Bread existed.

>> No.12506808

>>12506430

Dude I'm exactly in the same boat? I've literally just been 6 months home doing nothing of value when I got out of army. I lack the motivation and I dont know what to do, I dont want to live like this anymore. I'm like at my prime age 24 and just wasting my time. I'm so lost I really need guidance, this cant keep on going like this

>> No.12506836

>>12506808
You can take a random book and read it from start to end. If your an IT oriented person, take an IT related book.
From start to finish with no sidestepping into 'odd interesting' timewasters inspired by the book. Tis is what I'm doing now and it kind of work - pushing things to github daily which helps motivation.

>> No.12506863

>>12506571

So funny that you guys have to try *this* fucking hard. I just walked in and said it was causing me trouble at work and got a free bottle of Vyvanse my first appointment.

t. Urban Areafag. I'm also not ugly tho.

>> No.12506903

>just ate putrid kimchi
>5 minutes later stand out off the chair and start doing random productive things
Like clockwork. Just leaving to study in a caffeeshop

>> No.12506909
File: 274 KB, 1216x2800, 3g2ukrr6zo821.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12506540
This sounds fun

>> No.12506933
File: 699 KB, 498x360, tenor[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12506909
I'd say it's more like having a fascist that reviles all the things you did instead of working the past week as if it were interwar germany.

>> No.12506957

>>12506193
1. Read "Cracking the coding interview", 6th edition - from http://gen.lib.rus.ec

2. Get a software developer job

3. Your boss and co-workers will pressure you into working

>> No.12506969

>>12506957
To force yourself into reading and coding the exercises from the book: schedule a coding interview loop. Then start reading and coding. Nothing like a tight deadline of a week or two to get you going.

>> No.12507311

>>12506863

> "I had one experience in life and everyone else will have the same"

yeah, some clinics hand out anything to anyone. It was easy for me too, but I asked around to find the place

>> No.12507342

Change your habits. Read atomic habits is the most applicable of all the books.

Do something like wake up, drink water, do pushups, meditate, shower. At the start of your day you will instantly feel accomplishment and it will give you the drive to keep going.

I was/am like you. But I'm doing better and better now. Thanks to changing small habits step by step.

>> No.12508532

Bump

>> No.12508617

>>12506255
Believe me thinking and actually doing are way different, if you were as smart as you think your are you would've accomplished a lot by now.

>> No.12508656

>>12508617
Before I stepped into trading and ecommerce I used to think I was the smartest person around, but then i was met with constant failure and i relaised that the reason i never tried anything is because i wasn't good at anything to begin with. It was a slap in the face by reality, we're not men at to be what we dream of, it's all bullshit, once you run into poverty you'll quickly realize what really needs to be done and what needs to be done is what we all hate.

>> No.12508664

>>12508656
*meant to be

>> No.12508673

>>12506193
Unironically try CBD Oil. I've been using it for Anxiety and it definitely helps. I also feel like I'm less lazy and have been definitely getting more shit done. Much more productive

>> No.12508810

>>12506551
>I'm not overestimating my ability at all since I've done this professionally
As someone who has made it, I can tell you, making it is:
1% skill
10% getting off your ass and actually doing something
99.99% luck

Yes I know it doesn't add up to 100%, luck is just that much of a factor.

I was the BEST coder in school, even before that, and even at work at our company. I could write a whole 3d game within a day. In just a couple of hours, I could code a rubik's cube simulator from scratch, using nothing but the equivalent of "putpixel" (I was basically poking memory addresses at 0xA000 after setting mode 13h, and doing the matrix math for 3d rendering manually). At work, I could do projects estimated at 100+ manhours ALONE in half a day.

I was basically a coding genius.
And due to my anime/otaku background, I also had experience with art (drawing with photoshop, making it look professional with things like cel shading, etc.)

And I had drive.
I was not a "wantrepreneur". I pumped out game after game, I made tons.

I barely got along.

Then after YEARS, I just got one break, one went viral, and only then did I actually start seeing 7 digits and above in my bank account.

After years of slaving nonstop with all my talent, it didn't matter at all until lady luck smiled in my direction.

Getting off your ass is just the start.
It's totally a numbers game.
You need to churn out AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, just to get MORE OPPORTUNITIES to make it.

>> No.12508812

I have the motivation but don’t know how to make money. Let’s work together, I ask 10% of the profit.

>> No.12508886

>>12508810
>99% luck
Really? That's depressing as fuck. I've been slowly starting to realize success in life is 99% luck as you said, but wanted to believe I was wrong. Thanks for confirming this depression realization.

How did you even find the motivation to continue after witnessing flop after flop?

Are you sure your apps were polished? Maybe that's why none of them did very well?

>> No.12508970

>>12508886
They were very polished IMO.
More polished than my latest junk.

Now my brand name is well-known that I can publish a crap app and it would make more than what I made TOTAL before getting one app viral.
Sorta like Ketchapp's garbage.

It's 99% luck, and can't win if you don't have lottery tickets.
The more you play, the higher your chances of winning.

I've tried investing into real businesses (buying brick-and-mortar ones like laundromats, buying franchises, stocks, etc.) after I made it with my app. All of those are unsatisfactory as well. Some have positive cashflow, but barely.

After like a hundred attempts, I hit it with bitcoin doing a bull run last year (which again felt just like dumb luck). Invested like 10% of my net worth in it as a gamble (back at $1k).

So I've managed to hit 2 successes out of THOUSANDS of tries. And both felt like dumb luck. Which is why I am saying you need to CHURN OUT a LOT.

It's a NUMBERS GAME.

>> No.12509007

>>12508886
>How did you even find the motivation to continue after witnessing flop after flop?
I don't know really... back then I had tons of motivation out of nowhere.
I just KNEW I wanted to stop wageslaving.

Now after making it, I barely have any motivation. I just watch Twitch and play vidya all day, maybe go on a trip once or twice a month with the family.

They're all now "retired" as well thanks to my success (they are basically trying random businesses in their free time, but basically they live off of me, and are able to buy anything they want like the latest iPhone or whatever junk).

Some have tried starting a vlog, trying to get viral on instagram.... none of them make any real money. :p

>> No.12509019

>>12506193
Stop masturbating.

>> No.12509035

>>12506193
I’m the same way, for me it’s still basically a battle but just get started on something, anything and build up some momentum. Humans were designed to feel fulfilled by working, just not for Barry shekelburg. Satisfy your own fucking desires bud

>> No.12509049

>>12506193
op, put a large poster of your dream pornstar on the wall behind your computer... believe in yourself that you can get rich enough to fuck her... and get started. that will keep you motivated 24/7

>> No.12509107

>>12509049
Yes, motivated to fap 24/7

>> No.12509473
File: 1.41 MB, 2142x1315, sleepymonika.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12509049
In a similar vein, when I used to shill Bitcoin on /vg/ddlc/ I often told people that they'd never be able to afford their very own Monika android if they didn't become rich.

>> No.12509583

>>12509049
>>12509473
and what if you already fucked your dream pornstar, and you hate everything that is related to porn? where to get motivation?

>> No.12509632

You are likely disippating your CNS energy on shitposting and internet crap, leaving you with nothing left.

You have to find what is sapping your energy and eliminate it. For me, it was over-exercising (to a ridiculous extreme). When I quit that altogether, I became a totally different person and suddenly was motivated, sociable, and more ambitious, and started getting girls etc.

without "trying"

You can't "just do it", you have to find a way to modify your health and behaviour.

4chan, as the best forum on the internet, is particularly damaging.