[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 338 KB, 800x778, a62.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12466037 No.12466037 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a 20 year old NEET and today I have decided to make some money.
Where do I get started?
What are some useful resources to learn from?

>> No.12466127

Try this

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html

>> No.12466135

it's really interesting to see how bad parenting ruins lives. thanks for this /biz/

>> No.12466142

>>12466037
Well how do you want to make money. A job? What kind of job do you want? What credentials or knowledge do you need to be hired in that area? Go from there.

I wouldn't recommend stocks or crypto for something stable, but for stocks I'd recommend getting a robinhood account and just dropping like $100 to buy a few shares from a couple companies so you can feel invested in the activity and learn as you go.

>> No.12466176

>>12466037
Join the military

>> No.12466417

>>12466176
y tho

>> No.12466427
File: 1023 KB, 226x292, 1sw2s.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Buy Chainlink

>> No.12466566

>>12466417
I wouldn’t do it, but you get money and prettt much free college later

>> No.12466670
File: 56 KB, 724x844, 1520977647731.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12466417
Once you're in your early 30s, it'll be too late to enlist in the military. Given your age, right now is the prime time to join in my opinion, and you have a great reason to go unlike the normies your age racking up student loan debt to get a meme degree. You can say something like, "I'm not in a great spot in my life, and I want to make a difference. The U.S. military has many great options that will enable me to pursue my future goals and aspirations. Yadda, yadda, yadda..." Make sure to do your research and don't enlist until you get the job you want, you can make the recruiter wait on you. You have time on your side and it seems you're not in a rush for anything so take the time you need to pick a job. There are jobs like Air traffic controller (ATC) or IT that can translate very well into civilian life in case you want to honorably discharged in the future.

You'll get discipline, on-the-hand jobs training and experience, and great benefits to boot. I know military has this stigma that it's everybody's "last resort," but the opportunity isn't always there and many people miss out on it. When they screen you during the call, make sure to be smart as well, don't say stuff like you have asthma or you're a conscientious objector (Google this stuff) or the door will slam shut and you won't be able to join the military. I'm not saying lie, but be smart and do your research. This opportunity is far better than being a cash register for the rest of your life.

Understand that joining the military will be a huge culture shock. I grew up in the military so I know off-hand how different it is from the civilian world. However given your circumstances I think this really is a great and unique opportunity for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxrC2HpytYk