Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 124 KB, 680x497, f8e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12411500 No.12411500 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

What does /biz/ think about Mutual funds/ ETFs ?
I've been thinking about investing a couple k in something relatively low risk, so not crypto (I also hold some crypto but have only lost a bit so far, I'll hold off for now). From what I've researched, these funds historically can do about 10%/Y, so much better than letting your money rot in the savings account. However, I noticed a lot of funds lost 10% this year (due to Brexit?), so it might not be the best time to buy in?

Do any anons have experience with this shit?

>> No.12411823

a global collapse is at the door and you want invest in invisible paper credit?

Do it, you deserve to lose everything.

>> No.12412587

To answer your question, they have their place in the market. They can be either a good or bad investment depending on your goals.

However, from your post i get the feeling you don't quite understand how those investment vehicles work and what risk/return is. That historic return of 10%/Y you mentioned is taken over decades. Which means if you invest now you may lose 50% tomorrow but be up 250% in 10 years. Also you need to remember that historic returns are not always a good indicator of future returns.

So before you do anything i recommend you read up on investopedia.com. There are a lot of articles about various asset classes and investment terms that are vital to know for making good decisions.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action