[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 3.54 MB, 4272x2848, 1527504743082.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12402714 No.12402714 [Reply] [Original]

I like the idea of Chain Link but I don't see Dapp developers looking outside their own eco-systems for Oracles. Everybody I'm aware of builds their own. It's not so difficult that you need a third party cryptocurrency and pay for information that would otherwise be freely available.

>> No.12402757

>>12402714

pee pee poo poo

>> No.12402770

>>12402714
Poo poo pee pee

>> No.12402776

>>12402714
>dapp developers
Kek

>> No.12402789

>>12402714
I asked in the zen protocol telegram once about what their solution to the oracle problem would be. The admin didn’t even know what I was talking about. Their whitepaper literally just says ‘we’re gonna use an oracle to get data’

>> No.12403018

>>12402714
i'm a dev myself and I couldn't understand your post. are you like brain dead or something?
what the fuck are you smoking?

>looking outside their own ecosystems
what the fuck do you mean?

>Everybody I'm aware of builds their own
build what? what the fuck?

>it's not so difficult that you need a third party cryptocurrency and pay for information that would otherwise be freely available

dude what the fuck does this sentence mean?

OP is brain damaged...

undertanding smart conrats is pretty simple.
yu ave a blockchain that is completely trustless, like a diety, but the blockchain cannot retrieve data from outside, more specifically the smart contracts of that blockchain, cannot see whats happenning outside of the blockchain that hosts them.

an oracle, is made of 3 parts. 1 smart oracle smart contract, that will be able to communicate with the outside world, 1 oracle node that is hosted on a server, and adapters on that node, that it retrieve data from web apis for example.

with chainlink, since the nodes are decentralized, it'll be just like with amazon AWS, nowadays, everybody pays for requests, just check any cloud provider, you always pay per usage + monthly fees.

now the difference with chainlink is that its gnna be cheap, because the smart contracts are hsted on the blockchain, and to retrieve data, you wont need to write code or host servers to retrieve data from apis, you just request the chainlink network and pay a small fee, that will prolly be cheaper than hosting 1 AWS server

>> No.12403058

>>12402714
You like the idea of an ERC20 token that's already outdated technology somehow going above a dollar in the next five years ?

Why, not even Sergey will discuss chainlink tokens with any of the talks he attends because he know that he will get laughed out. His smartcontract technology may be implemented but if it actually gets institutional traction they will demand that node payments have a more secure transaction method than an ERC20 token.

The ICO was just to soak idiots ( /biz/ ) for free capital.

>> No.12403082

>>12403058
Redpilled

>> No.12403104

>>12403058
Probably true to some extent.

>> No.12403562

Isn't the solution to the oracle problem is to have everyone on the network verify the data is correct just like the encryption? You just let people with hashpower input a data type then everyone else cross-verifies. They should be rewarded for having the fastest and most trusted oracle data. IDK. I don't think a centralized solution is good. I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.