[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 26 KB, 720x736, 9C0B52E3-A9EC-465C-9DE6-D408C7A5A36E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12370475 No.12370475 [Reply] [Original]

I work in a blockchain related business and have the type of connections in crypto you all spend all day browsing biz just trying to get a glimpse of. Hedge fund managers, ‘whales’ or whatever you want to call them, executives from most of your favorite shitcoin companies. I can answer whatever questions you want about how prices get dumped in your face, how you get set up by professional manipulators to buy shitcoins, or why your favorite shitcoin is a scam. If I don’t know, I’ll let you know honestly.

So ask away. I’m not using a trip because I’m literally never going to do this again.

>> No.12370484

I'm actually more qualified to talk about this than most anons.I'm employed with a cyber-techno machinations company, I do a lot of security analyst programming type work. Open source, decentralized, APIs, partnerships, you name it. We'd be one of the first companies in line for something like Chainlink, if the decentralized smart contract space had more value over traditional data exchanges. There's a catch though, an underlying flaw more deeply embedded in the bedrock of LINK than the very code itself. The flaw is with the concept, and it's this: Companies won't actually go through the hassle of trusting their data API's through crypto.

Now I can already hear your keyboards going frantic, but hear me out. /biz/ hates banks, and traditional data providers. But actual companies, businesses, and investors do not. There's an old saying you might have heard of: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!". The idea that any of our bosses would give us the go ahead if we approached them to put our companies valuable data in a smart contract on a cryptocurrency called Chainlink, that they've never heard of, we'd be laughed out at best and fired on the spot at worst. We already have API data buyers and providers we trust.

'But Chainlink is trustless!' I hear you cry, but is that really a good thing? Just listen to the sound of it. Businesses don't want to spend millions of dollars on something that is trustLESS, they want something trustFUL. 'But the reputation system!', doesn't that defeat the whole point of your coin? If companies only trust nodes with high reputation, what's the difference between trusting banks and data providers that already have reputation, but in real life not on a computer screen.

The fact is, LINK is going to share the same fate as ETH will. A lot of 'real world application' hype, with a lot of 'crypto world application' reality. Only, this billion supply coin isn't going to come close to the $1k that Etherum hit. Happy gambling though anons.

>> No.12370491 [DELETED] 

>>12370484

Not reading that shit nigger

>> No.12370505

>>12370491
If you really want your mind to be blown, think about what Thomas Hobbes says in Leviathan. He goes into detail about social contract theory. It all begins with the natural state of man, which is a nasty, short, brutish life. Every man for himself, all against all. Any action is not only permissible, but is also a RIGHT. It's the first time that rights are seriously considered as an inherent quality of man.

Man voluntarily gives up some of his rights to escape from the dangerous and shitty conditions of the natural state of man. It must be mutual, however, he only promises not to kill anyone so long as everyone else agrees not to kill anyone. This is the basis of forming a society.

The important thing here, is that it's a contract. People enter into a mutual agreement, but in order for people to be accountable to that agreement, there needs to be an arbiter, or an enforcer. This is the role that government plays. If a man steals, and he gets caught, then the government enforces punishment against him for breaking the contract. The rules can only be followed if there is an arbiter.

Up until this point in history man has never escaped the necessity of an enforcer for contracts. Enter Sergey Nazarov. His vision is bigger than you can imagine. He's ushering in an entirely new era of human interaction. This can transform any digitally executable contracts. This is the first time in history when a contract won't necessarily need an external enforcer, because the contract itself is the enforcer. The philosophical implications of this are colossal.

>> No.12370506

>>12370475
will the price recover to 10k ? If so when

>> No.12370540

>>12370506

Yes, maybe Q1-Q2 2020. 2019 is going to be a long drawn out period of accumulation. I’m very skeptical that bitcoin will ever reach ATH’s again.

>> No.12370777

>>12370475
Is litecoin btc's silver?
Will Monero succeed?
Price prediction for Ethereum?
When does Sergy exit scam?

>> No.12370789

>>12370540
Will other crypto take over #1? If so, which?

>> No.12370806

wya op?
what's the best coin to be accumulating right now?
what's the bottom for bitcoin?

>> No.12370815

What type of coins are they buying? Just shit that can be pumped for profit or is it project driven? Would you say crypto's future looks good from your position? Will ETH survive?

>> No.12370821

>>12370475
Hey bro. Gona get it out of the way and ask your opinion on LINK.
Aside from that, we all know crypto is a giant pageet pnd scam. Every noob can talk about things things like sell walls being spoofed.

What is something you feel confident that we *don't* know?

>> No.12370963

>>12370777

Ltc is shit. Xmr is great. Depends on how quickly they scale. EOY.

>> No.12370969

>>12370789

Never. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a retard.

>> No.12370979

>>12370963
Thanks brother, just as I suspected

>> No.12370982

>>12370806

High cap blue chips and mid/low caps with a product to sell and an experienced CEO. 800-2000$ should be the bottom.

>> No.12371008

>>12370982
>800-2000$ should be the bottom.
you think this will happen relatively soon? Why is everyone so adamant on this being the bottom? The fact that EVERYONE is saying this has me suspicious

>> No.12371016

>>12371008
"this being the bottom" as in the price range u stated
>>12370963
price prediction for XMR?

>> No.12371133

Thoughts on QTUM?