[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 29 KB, 480x480, 1464516823107.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12306758 No.12306758 [Reply] [Original]

How to cope with crippling depression & regret from not cashing out this time a year ago? Was taking drugs & they didn't help. Now trying to clean up stay sober work out read etc, but still seriously thinking I might an hero.

>> No.12306778

>>12306758
A job unironically helped me. It helps from checking prices all the time and fills up my day, plus there's the income I can live on without touching my bags

>> No.12307210

>>12306778
I cannot confirm as I still check the charts while at work plus the money I receive from wagecucking feels like a joke compared to the gains last year.

>> No.12307298

>>12307210
>the money I receive from wagecucking feels like a joke compared to the gains last year.
Steady and reliable is better than fake, unreliable bubble value.

>> No.12307708

What the FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! BLOCKCHAIN VIRUS!

>> No.12308047
File: 4 KB, 331x152, depresoo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Guys this is not helping, need advice on how to cope with the regret it's slowly crippling me. I still have a link stack but it probably going to say between 20c-,30,c ,& never move. I just want to die, if only if cashed out

>> No.12308162
File: 33 KB, 474x395, accepting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12308047
I didnt cash out trading in the late 90's dot-com bubble and lost it all...even went to prison for dealing drugs and taking them too, all because I was depressed and broke and boo-hooing everyday.
I got out of prison, started a regular job, saved up my money and started focusing on trading. Learned to trade forex and index options, failed for a bit and been successful over the past few years.
Learn to look for other opportunities. i know its tough to get your mind off of it, but start the new year fresh. Take up forex or commodities or options or stocks or whatever and immerse yourself in it...let go of the past. Your crosstrain your mind to see in those things what you saw in crypto and learn to be extremely humble and quiet with your monies.
Good luck.

>> No.12308295

>>12306758
>>12308047
I'm not sure anon. My ATH was 450k and currently worth 30k. I am a 24 y/o NEET with no way of making that money back again. What's worse, I don't find any meaningful pleasure in making money or working. My intention was to cash out and pursue intellectual interests from the comfort of NEETdom. How do I cope? A mild malaise has settled within me over the last 12 months. It never really goes away. But I don't indulge in it much either. And that's saying a lot for someone who is extremely predisposed towards depression and neurotic thinking. The way I see it, my life is objectively decent right now. It just looks absolutely terrible in comparison to the life I could have had. But that's a fictitious reality. I have no way of knowing what my life would actually be like had I cashed out that 450k. The chain of causality would have been entirely different. Maybe I would have succumb to addiction. Maybe I would have taken a trip to an exotic place and been killed in a car accident. Maybe one of the surgeries I wanted to pay for would have left me in a worse state. There is no way to know for certain. I am OK with where I am in life currently, and I am only here as a result of every single action prior, including the bad ones. That's my cope anyway. Often times, guilt over our present way of living manifests as regret, as if some event in the past is responsible. Lamenting over not selling your crypto is pragmatically useless. You have absolutely NOTHING to gain by self loathing over this and imagining what could have been. It will ruin your life and there is ZERO to gain.

btw 95% of my remaining net worth is in LINK as well. You're not alone

>> No.12308316

>>12306758

Jesus fucking christ pussy. Man up and sell your shitcoins and price average on more bitcoins to increase your stack

>> No.12308356

>>12306758
Try a pool cleaner vacuum while underwater, especially with a heated pool, it will give you the best orgasm of your entire life. the fans rapidly but gently smack the head of your dick while giving really strong suction. obviously stick your fingers in first to make sure it's safe, not every pool vacuum is the same. I've had blowjobs from 3 different women and 4 different men, I've used vacuums, cock-pumps, fleshlights, vibrators... and NOTHING compares to the pool cleaner. I'm not even fucking kidding right now, if you get the chance, try it. the only thing that is even remotely close to how good that pool vacuum felt was straight up vaginal sex with this fat chick who had a really warm snatch, it was like sticking my dick into a wet loaf of banana bread straight out of the oven, and yes this fucking pool cleaner vacuum was better than that. I don't own a pool or else I'd be doing it every day. unfortunately the owner of the pool caught me doing it so I'm not allowed to be within 1000 feet of his house anymore but it was so fucking worth it, I'm telling you that fucking pool vacuum is like heaven. honestly the only reason I even want to get rich is so I can afford my own house with a heated pool and of course a pool vacuum. I can't wait to buy a dozen different brands and styles of pool cleaners and fuck them all. I live for that day to come.

>> No.12308363

OP, many people have the same story. I lose everything as well and was ineffectually suicidal last summer.

I dragged myself out of the pit and perhaps you can as well. The actual cause of (and reasons for maintaining) your emotional state are not always what you expect.