[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 155 KB, 1935x1434, webscraping.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12301799 No.12301799 [Reply] [Original]

Seems like there's a trend via web-scraping and alternative data that feeds into hedge funds, they already many steps a head of us.

I think all our posts, google searches, location data, phone data are all likely fed into hedge funds' data collections, they know what we are searching up. what stocks we want to buy, etc. So why the fuck we even try?

I came to this conclusion after watching some murder documentaries, where google and other data collection engines released the killers info, search results, phone data, phone location etc. How the fuck do we know that our data isn't being sold off to hedge funds right now and they pumping shit and then dumping on us?

I think that's why so many NEETs and retail investors here lose money.

I honestly haven't met anybody who made it big with penny stocks, met a few who left crypto early before it tanked and made some $.

I honestly hear more stories that people getting divorced after investing heavily into these fucking shit ass asset classes and losing big. marriage counsel didn't help even.

Most people I know, appear to make their wealth via their jobs/careers or housing/property investment.

Is a stable job and property the only places that hold value now?

Anons, if you do invest, I think just invest in indices SP500 etc, and better to stay poor than some fags here use their credit card debt and buy crypto and fuckin stocks and shit. dumb dumb dumb.

Lets have a serious discussion, is our data being collected and transferred to hedge funds and can we beat the market?

>> No.12301803
File: 90 KB, 477x268, 1546317511591.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

its xcash for me

>> No.12301822

>>12301799
Curious who Blockfolio shares their data with. Not curious enough to find out. I'm too weak/lazy to stop using it. So are you.

>> No.12301839

They already do this with Robinhood data. The creators of Robinhood sell your data to big firms and they front run your trades knowing the kind of stocks you want to invest in, how much money you put in, and what you are likely to buy next. It's pretty disgusting and unregulated by the SEC. be careful out there anons.

>> No.12301957

>>12301839
what's the point of investing then? They will just make $ from shorting later on. and retail investors will end up losing.

>> No.12302033

>>12301957
Hedge funds have 1 weakness. Length. They manipulate prices short term to cause issues because they need to make money per quarter, but if you hold against the volatility in decent stocks, you will win over time. That's why the SP500 index fund idea works well. It keeps you from being manipulated as well as putting you in an index that is being selected to represent the biggest companies in America. If you decide to trade, you will face all those issues with manipulation which most people can not tolerate, let alone all the issues associated with developing a viable trading strategy.

>> No.12302058

>>12302033
I think there should be regulation, I know some guy sold his house to invest in stocks in China, and he lost everything.

I think this is white collar crime.

I lost money, but I can afford the loss, as I do earn six figures.

Only viable investment or assets to put in are properties in prime location or just ride the indices such as SP 500.

I think globally, if property prices tanked, there would be a huge riot, and I think many governments would want to avoid that.