[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 416 KB, 800x776, 1a43f0d1282d8d053a24f2fa09757e33.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12237226 No.12237226 [Reply] [Original]

Do you like your job? Why not? What do you want to do?

>> No.12237243

Do you like your job?
>NEET, sort of
Why not?
>I'm depressed
What do you want to do?
>business owner

I'll answer for my last job too:

Do you like your job?
>developer, no
Why not?
>I'm a wagie
What do you want to do?
>be a NEET or business owner

I guess I'm halfway there

>> No.12237332

>Do you like your job?
Corporate lawyer, no
>Why not?
(1) I work too much and have very little control over my schedule. Even when I'm not working, I'm never 'free' from the lurking cloud of emails, fire drills, and artificially urgent work that could spring up at any time.
(2) The work itself consists of administrative paper-shuffling and arguing over periphery. It requires an impossibly high attention to detail and demands a standard of perfection in everything you do. None of the work feels meaningful - I help rich people and organizations shift around money and assets.
(3) Almost all of your superiors are assholes who treat you like a trained monkey, while those at your own level are always for a chance to look better than you or make you look like an idiot in front of the partners. Clients always set unrealistic expectations, demand immediate responses, and expect top quality work despite ever-shrinking retainers and arguments over your fees.
>What do you want to do?
Become a monk