[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 59 KB, 540x563, MrPEP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12038564 No.12038564 [Reply] [Original]

Let’s talk about Take-Two (TTWO) /biz/, and why this a great long hold. At time of writing TTWO have taken a dive of more than 15% this month, making this a fantastic time to buy in on this stock. This company is the most likely to see significant growth in profit or an acquisition by someone like Tencent.

- Reason 1: Red dead 2, You've all seen it, heard of it and I’ll bet 70% of you have either bought it or played a friend’s copy. This game is selling like nuts, over 15 million copies sold within 8 days (according to polygon) and has attracted nothing but praise while rivals such as Bethesda and EA are taking critical PR hits left, right and centre. Rockstar is the darling of the video game industry right now. I'm confident that on the back of these strong sales and keeping in mind that they haven't even begun to monetize Red Dead Online, Take Two will Likely beat earnings expectations.

- Reason 2: 2K Sports, Another strong company under the Take Two wing. Take Two has the Afro American market pretty much won with NBA, as Asia’s appetite for basketball grows by the year and the African economy slowly grows and develops (Yes very slowly but give it time) The sales of the NBA series will only grow by the year. The 2K NBA league of which TTWO has a 50% stake in, has also attracted immense interest (for some reason i dunno not my thing) and I could see this become a big earner as the public's interest in E-sports grows. 2K sports could conceivably one day also expand their sports games library, ideally one day knocking EA off its soccer perch. Though this is admittedly unlikely, but possible. 2K sports also have WWE2K which is a less exciting title but still a decent seller with each edition (397,000 units in first week says VGCchartz) and with the WWE stock being one of the best performers in the last 2 years, one could assume that the market is strong for professional wrestling.

- Continued in comments -

>> No.12038579

- Reason 3: Grand theft Auto,
this is the big one, probably the most valuable IP in video games right now. Grand Theft Auto V smashed records all over the place and bought in 800 million dollars in revenue within 24 hours. The next title is not for another couple of years at least but it's more than safe to say this will be another immense game. Given that GTA V is still a top 10 selling title even 5 years after its launch. And still makes money from GTA online. Potential for revenue generating in the next title will be simply immense, not to mention the GTA series pretty much gets its advertising done for free on Youtube and Twitch.

- Reason 4: Private Division,
This one is a bit of wild card, but there’s growth potential in it. It’s a video game publisher owned by Take Two using a fund and publish model. You’ll know the best from being the publisher of Kerbal Space Program. It was also recently announced that they will publish Obsidian’s new game “The Outer Worlds” which IMO looks really good. If this is a hit, Private Division could become a big player in the publishing world. (Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGLTgt0EEqc))

Others - Social Point: They make Dragon City, decently popular microtransaction game. Could be expanded with some more shitty mobile games for the casual market. Bioshock: Quiet lately but still a big and loyal following if the games start to improve

Thoughts?