[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 252x200, dumb pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11906445 No.11906445 [Reply] [Original]

Ok, I work as a cabler. I run cables and back boning for things like your internet, cameras etc etc.

Due to the nature of the work, (Requires heavy thinking and is very physically demanding) staff turn over is high. So literally every three months i'm working with a new team.

This job is done in team, generally in teams of three.

Here we go boys.

>Working with NPC, annoying af, mostly just nod and smile so he leaves me alone.
>We have 2 cables to run. One is already ran and needs to be replaced and the other needs to be ran, the conduit (thing cable is ran through) is empty.
>Decide to re run the broken cable first since it's usually the hardest.
>Re run the cable with no hitches, radio boss he's happy.
>Great I tell NPC, let's run the next one.
>I tell him the number of the room he needs to go to, give him the cable tell him how to run it etc. Literally do all the thought he just has to feed me the cable through the conduit.
>Ask him to identify the cable so i can pull.
>No movement.
>Ask him to pull a little harder, still no movement.
>Radio him, ask him what's going on.
>Silence, he never answers his radio.
>Walk to room see what he's done.
>"Ah anon I think your looking at the wrong cable teehee"
>Nope, I'm pretty sure it's the right one.
>Look at the unit number. Realise he's in the very first unit we already completed.
>Rub my head in anger, control my self.
>Anon I retort, we already done this one, Why are you re-doing it.
>"Ah anon hahah you said where re-doing this one.
(BTW he always talks like he's high, but we are drug tested every month so he can't be, I swear he's faking it)
>Yea, we already done it, why didn't you move to the NEXT unit, Like I explained.
>Ah I didn't hear you say that.
At this point i'm to tired to argue, it's 9 am on a Monday, decide to move on.
>Because we re-ran the cable a third time, the pathway was screwed and we lost the cable/rope. Meaning we had to tell the electricians to re-run it.

Cont..

>> No.11906469

Back to cagie, wagie

I'm busy swing trading crypto

>> No.11906474

>Cont

Oof OP writing his memoirs

>> No.11906486
File: 28 KB, 655x509, pepe sui.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11906445
>Radio boss he's angry we wasted so much time, Electricians angry they have to re-run the conduit. I get chewed out by both.
>Whilst all this is happening NPC keeps getting in my face swearing up and down I never told him.
First it was he never heard me,now I never told him.
>Because our job is team based, And I can't work without a team, I try to diffuse the situation.
>"Oh haha", I reply, these things happen. We where both at fault".
>Looks at me like i just stabbed his mother,
>No it was all YOUR fault.
>At this point i am contemplating suicide, this existence is to hard.
>Hurr durr take responsibility for your actions, BE A MAN! OWN UP TO WHAT YOU DONE!
>Luckily boss needed him for the rest of the day and I was by myself.
>He spent the rest of the day shit talking me to the boss.
>Boss says I should show more respect and communicate more.
>I literally do EVERYTHING all he has to do is TIE A CABLE TO A ROPE AND THAT IS IT. LITERALLY THATS IT. HE IS PAID 200$ A DAY TO TIE A CABLE TO A ROPE AND HE CAN'T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT.

This isn't even the worst of it. If this thread blows up I'll consider posting more stories.

Fellow Wagies, hopefully one day we escape this pathetic existence.

>> No.11906499

>>11906445
I literally just walked away from my job that I had put my 2 weeks in. I couldn’t even finish out the week, I wanted to just punch people in their faces. I already have a new job but was being courteous. I just couldn’t do it though.

>> No.11906506

If you're going to an hero at least strangle them with a cable beforehand

>> No.11906512

Give us your best stories

>> No.11906522

>>11906445
I'm a different kind of wagie - Office Wojack - but I feel you brother

>> No.11906535
File: 331 KB, 960x960, 1535438736486.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Give stories

>> No.11906569
File: 11 KB, 300x168, bleach pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11906512
Ok here it goes.

This story includes 4 people myself, the idiot in the above post, his best friend and my boss.

>Be us, running some very difficult cables. Around 100m runs x 10, you guys get the idea.
>Bad electricians conduit pathway is messed up, however manageable. With the right technique could be done rifht.
>First cable was ABSOLUTE HELL. My hand where covered in blood, gloves all cut up.
>I suspect NPC is not feeding me right so I go inside the room, get his mate to go and pull the cable, while I show him how to feed.
Feeding allows the person to pull MUCH easier. Without it it's like 100x harder.
>Anyway cable goes through smooth, was a tad hard, but generally no problems.
>"See anon, this is how you feed a cable, If you do it this why, I wont't cut up my hands"
>Looks at me with a confused look, says that's how he was doing it.
>Tell him if he was doing it my way I would have 0 issues pulling. Told him to try again.
(Gives the most autistic teehee I have ever witnessed, legit want to KMS at this point).
>Go to run 3rd cable (about 3 hrs behind by now).
>Same problem. I tell him on the radio to feed like I showed him. Say's he is, Clearly is not.
>Tell him to wait a sec. Sneak up to him in the room to see what he's doing. He's doing it wrong.
>Show him AGAIN, go back.
>Same thing.
>Literally fuming at this point.
I am a person who has suffered a lot in my life. I have absolute control over my emotions, when I am very angry, I usually just raise my tone and stop saying please.
>He starts getting irritated with my tone, mean while my hands look like hell.
>In pain whole body fatigued.
>Suddenly my phone buzzes, it's the boss.
>"Anon (not the idiot his friend who happens to be my bosses brother) tell me your being me to NPC.
>Proceed to be told of for a solid 30 mins, he shuts the phone.
>Somehow by the grace of god we finish running the cables.
Con..

>> No.11906594
File: 9 KB, 212x238, justed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11906569
>He comes up tell me i'm "Disrespectful", I re-iterate that his only job is to tie a rope unto a cable and feed it through a pipe.
>He ranges in front of everyone. Literally has a tantrum kicking stuff everywhere, about to cry.
>About 20 people including the electricians (who I work very closely with) start laughing and giving me side eye.
>At this point it's time to go home, So i just leave him pack all our gear and leave.
>The friend is still acting nice to me, this guy just ratted me out directly to the boss, didn't even try to talk to me first.
>They have both done autistic shit, I have never said anything. Mama ain't raise no snitch. Understand they both need the money and want to spare them.
>Go home, in agonising pain.
>Call from boss. Hey anon, I heard about what happened SHAME!
>Mfw he demoted me from leading hand, giving it to his brother.
>Mfw I recieved a pay cut.
>Mfw I do the exact same job as before except now i have to report to 2 people.
>Mfw I can't quit because I would starve.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

>> No.11906612

>>11906535
Sorry about all the mistakes, literally to JUSTED to think clearly.

>> No.11906615

Either you or your boss is retarded. You should have more trust capital from working together longer to clear up these misunderstandings.

>> No.11906624

>>11906594
>I have never said anything. Mama ain't raise no snitch. Understand they both need the money and want to spare them.
It's not your job to keep your retarded coworkers employed at your own expense. Protect yourself first always.

>> No.11906629

>>11906469
Not daytrading, you’ll never make it faggkt

>> No.11906638

>>11906624
Your right. But without those idiots I can't work, Like I said it's a team based job. Boss is a boomer sitting on mountains of cash. He is more happy to go months and months without work. Unless I find replacements I can't risk getting the tards fired.

>> No.11906649

I need to go to sleep to wagie tom boys. I promise more stories tom. If this thread stays alive i'll post here, If not i'll make a new thread.

>> No.11906657

>>11906594
I'll give you a tip mate. If you really do work that hard you should have immediately filed your resignation if he even mentioned a pay cut demotion.He knows you are valuable and should respect your opinion as such. The Boomer then knows you ain't a pushover. All he knows right now that he can do whatever he wants. You let him set a precedent, bad move.

Thing is you need to be able to make it so no complaints go to the boss. Boss gives 0 fucks what you do, just wants to get done in time and get no complaints.

>> No.11906673

>>11906657
Your right. This is the first team I've worked with that are legit this autistic. Like borderline retarded. I've worked with guys who literally are retarded (Literally) and are MUCH better. I get paid a little higher then the industry rates so theirs no point in me moving, and my boss won't fire me because I'm licensed. Only one person in the team needs to have the license in order to pull cables. While that person supervises the rest.

I'm looking for a new job. I'll gladly take the pay cut. Working with these retards has literally driven my IQ down.

>> No.11906678

Nothing new. If you are highly observant in certain situations you can spot so much shit.
For example I was in a group project once with 2 other grills. The teacher was making the group constellation - so they was pissed to work with me in the first place. Because I was known as a akward guy already. I sperged out when we worked on it in class. When it came to do the dirty work I delivered really hard tough when we should work on it at home ourselves. Like I did the major work.
What ended up happening tough was, we had this group chat where we discussed things about this project. And then one day literally out of nowhere this one girl writes "Where the hell, are you?". I was confused and wanted to know what the matter was. I then found out what happened: Because they couldnt kick me out, they made this story up that we all three scheduled to work on this project and I was just the one beeing unprofessional not showing up. They literally made this whole story up about a group meeting with me not showing up and they went straight to the teacher, probably flashing their tits how innocent they are and that they cant work with such a fucking weirdo. And the teacher believed them. This all literally happend at the beginning of a new year and the teacher hated me afterwards.
Couple months later, we had another group work, this time these exact 2 girls but with a rather chad skater guy. He was the biggest stoner of all time. Ended up dropping out at the end of the year. Just dumb as a rock and a non existent work ethic.
But the thing he didnt lack was: charisma. Even tough the girls literally blamed him for not doing his stuff. He was able to turn in around in a playful manner that they couldnt be mad at him and I heared how he made them laugh all the times. Even the endpresentation was shit, he drugged the girls down extremly but he all played it off and even got a decent grade because of pity kissing the ass of the teacher.

Just one example out of a lot I experienced

>> No.11906687

>>11906678
I feel bad for you brother. I experience this crap on a daily basis, in other jobs also, Could literally write a book on this. I feel like the world is becoming dumber and fatter, and us normals are forced to suffer with them until we sink to their level.

>> No.11906701

I am on the bus to work right now and I totally dread it. I’m in a small cramped room and my coworkers never SHUT THE FUCK UP

>> No.11906766

>>11906687
In some way this "game" is rigged . When it comes to a job for example, everyone talks about that Soft Skills and Hard Skills are as equal important. The thing is if you have very, very good Hard Skills but non existent Soft skills you are basically fucked - you are doomed and useless. But if its the other way around you are anything else than hopeless. Like my example with the stoner out of my example.

99% of things happen unconciously. As a normal person that is well socialized their whole life - they take this as a normal things. Therefore I really admire people that know a lot about human behaviour and psychology. That they always can turn the things around in the way they want.

>> No.11906788

>>11906594
Give them what they pay for. Show no initiative at all. Don't correct people, don' teach them either. It is now not your problem anymore. Let projects run over time, it is not your problem. Meanwhile find another job.

>> No.11906854

>>11906673
Get your electrician qualification? You know the industry a little bit now and you probably aren't retarded. Sparkies make great money in my country (Australia)

>> No.11907205

>>11906594
yeah nigga you are half retarded, stop trying to be Jesus, holy shit. these fucking low lvl fuckers, have no fucking self respect. I hate you anon.

>> No.11907221
File: 27 KB, 551x549, 98995642311898487.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy shit.
I am really grateful, that I love my job and get along quite well with my collegues.