[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 501 KB, 910x914, 08F13F61-8506-4888-A765-30F9C92252DD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11897337 No.11897337 [Reply] [Original]

To all the other anons who /lost everything/ and ready to hero, what do you think about taking out a huge loan and doing something crazy with it before you eat the bottle of pills? I'm thinking about applying to masters program and then if they accept me I take out the biggest student loan I can get (~$100k) and either bet it all in Vegas or on crypto. Anyone done/doing this? There seems to be no downside since I can just kms when I lose anyway.

>> No.11897373

Took a 5k loan

Trying to make it in Amazon FBA

If that fails I'll have to wageslave to pay off the debt.

Have 2 months neetbux left

>> No.11897564

>>11897373
5k isn't enough for me. I lost hundreds of thousands. I need to bet 100k and either double it or neck. I'm wondering if my family would inherit the student loan debt though? If not I could probably get $20k from my credit cards since I have good credit but that's not enough.

>> No.11897646

get your shit together and don't waste your life away on braindead gambling. You can still live a good life. Money ain't everything. You'll find a way to make it better.

>> No.11897714

>>11897337
HI anon. I really hope you don't kys. That said federal student loans are discharged on death. There is also a growing amount of people in your situation who take on student debt and just check out of society after graduation. If you live in Cambodia or South America they really can;t do anything to you.
I'd also like to add that literally kys over money - while seeming to be the best choice when you're in the shit - the feeling goes away. You have intrinsic value as a human being that your bank account can never reflect, much less being diminished because you incorrectly guessed how an obscure cryptographic financial asset would play out. Of course the real reason, likely, behind your feelings is what Crypto meant to you emotionally. Was it a way to gain a sense of self worth? Security from lifes troubles? A house? With your crypto being worthless it likely makes that dream and meaning seem worthless too. Please understand that you can indeed find meaning in your dreams and life again, it just wont be from 2016-2018 style btc bullruns.

>> No.11897740
File: 108 KB, 960x960, 1541885693768.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11897337
>what do you think about taking out a huge loan and doing something crazy with it

I already did that and used it to buy BTC at $6.6k

>> No.11897777

>>11897337
if you arrange it quickly you can get 21 BTC

>> No.11897873

>>11897564
Student debt cannot ever be erased. But in return you have a degree that has no explicit value and no guaranteed returns. Higher education has become a ponzi scheme. If you got in many years ago, you probably saw returns on the investment. 10 years from now, a degree will have even less returns than now while requiring an even greater investment. Corporations need to start hiring and training out of high school and developing programs that compete with the modern education system.
Imagine working your ass off taking college level courses since age 13 to see no credits transfer & seeing the same tuition bills and easy coursework as the lowest common denominator in your university. Imagine being urged to graduate 3 years early and ignoring this advice because you felt you needed to mature and financially prepared. Imagine being so burnt out by graduation that starting college is like heading to Disney World for the first time. But then you go to orientation and are sitting through rape lectures, speeches from your criminal football team, and talks about how your moeny will be spent on 10 year plans and cultural diversity. Imagine your student loans arent enough and you lose your course selections so often that you cannot finish your major. Instead of working with you, they force you to switch majors 4 times. You wind up with 165 degree credits and need 45 more to finish any fucking major, and it's not even what you want to be learning. You take a break and start your own business successfully at 23, but your family can't look you in the eye still because that degree is just out of reach. $8k prevents you from getting your transcripts to even transfer elsewhere.
I want my money back.