[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 49 KB, 500x500, 7F6690A1-C291-46CF-B013-C16D4298DA1E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11461119 No.11461119 [Reply] [Original]

What is more inportant?
Lets have an honest discussion, even if most here would say they dont care about status.
A rich crypto neet vs a succesful banker graduate

>> No.11461171
File: 139 KB, 670x300, 1372997330138.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11461119
First, 95% of people (me included) would defend whatever they have in greater abundance to cope with lack of the other thing (while secretly longing for the other thing).
Second, status is often isolated within community when you are young (/biz is composed mainly of 15 - 30 folks). Cannot flash street cred or employee of the month certificate cause no one cares. Its easier to brag about wealth here.
Third, if you are able to regain your status as you grow older, money will come too.

So ultimately status wins in the long term.

>> No.11461194

status is way way more important, no one cares about a nerd who has millions in bank and doesnt leave his house.

>> No.11461218

Rich neet 110%. Global social and ecomonic collapse is coming within the next 50 years. I need a self sustaining off grid home in the middle of nowhere before that happens. Fuck status, holy shit what a pointless ego trip.

>> No.11461307

Status is bullshit. Look at all the famous people who died penniless and miserable. Net worth is freedom to live a comfy life which should be everyone's top priority as they grow older.

>> No.11461323

>>11461171

Agreed. Status is everything. You will gain fortune or get through life with it alone if you have enough.
For most money is just an opportunity to gain status. You have freedom to do so, the game is yours to lose.

So we are young here for sure. Perhaps we should share ideas to improving status too, as success in business and finance is really a means to that end.

Personally i am caught up in it a lot. Here i sm investing but really Im after status gain opertunity. I fond myself longing for the top. The top 10% of men, but im only young(23) and amaiming for things 99.9% of men my age dont have yet

>> No.11461363
File: 739 KB, 1680x1050, ariel-beach-pick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11461323
>For most money is just an opportunity to gain status
Cannot really buy status with money. You can buy access.

>Perhaps we should share ideas to improving status too
>The top 10% of men, but im only young(23) and amaiming for things 99.9% of men my age dont have yet
Are you for real? You really did fall for what others are selling you, haven't you? Stop being a follower. You'll never make it with this mindset. You need to readjust your expectations. If you won't you will implode in your own toxicity and self-hate.

>> No.11461423

>>11461363

I an struggling with it. A fixation
Im red pilled, but not silly enough to shun the game. I am here and want to leverage it

>> No.11461454

Net worth is everything. Actual rich people do not want unwashed plebians knowing they have money.

Only middleclass slime lease luxury cars and buy designer handbags to try to larp as rich. They have no hope of ever escaping their caste and truly rich people just feel sorry for them.

>> No.11461521
File: 287 KB, 509x508, 1530606471124.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Status literally exchanging the freedom a high net worth gives you for impressing people you don't like with items you stop caring about the second day you've had them.
It is basically a tool for people who got rich on accident to return to their previous position of less freedom, because they're too dumb to figure out what to do with the freedom the higher net worth would have given them. Many NPCs find more comfort in having less freedom, which is why they spend frivolously if they accidentally start making more bank.
Also KEK @ the idea that net worth equals not leaving your house. It's net worth that allows you to be in a different place every day, meeting new people, taking on adventures and interesting projects. As opposed to status, which is basically never leaving your office.

>> No.11461529

>>11461521
Status IS literally*

>> No.11461554

>>11461521

Yes. I was referencing to crypto neets who still live neet life and cheetos at home all day.

Net worth can give opportunities to gain such status you reference, which is the core of my argument.

Some wagecuck who cant ever have financial freedom will leverage it like an npc and get financed cars. Other blue pills will not care, status gained.

If you can leverage the net worth into an interesting life that is different. Also, consider how ppl view a neet trading for a living. Doesnt mater if you make 100k or 10k you will be viewed the same. Its plebian.

Same as a blue collar business owner. It is just the way it is. You could own a plumbing business making millions but you are painted as a plumber and viewed the same socially as a plumber scraping by. The officer working wage cuck barely surviving will have more status still, sadly the way it is.

This is my point. Yes we should “not care what others think”. I am suggesting, how we leverage status from our situation as it is an important part of gaining the most out of life

>> No.11462037

>>11461119
importance to what, happiness? definitely net worth. success with women? status. not even close.

>> No.11462518

>>11462037
/thread