[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.08 MB, 2120x1413, work-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1136997 No.1136997 [Reply] [Original]

How do I learn how to enjoy studying and working? I hate the grinding. I've been thinking about making things easier on myself with less hours or pursuing an easier (but less marketable) degree, but I'm not even trying that hard right now. I feel like if I take steps toward making my life easier, that's just going to snowball into me being too lazy, and then I'll end up regretting not working harder and not making myself qualified for better jobs. I'm not currently a workaholic who is over-invested in my career. I don't have too much on my plate, just a decent portion. I think the problem is not so much the work, it's me.

On biz, there's lots of shit about cryptocurrencies and daytrading and whatever, but I think the most important thing for being successful is what attitude you have towards the work you're doing, so we should discuss that. How do you get yourself to work and excel over the long term? What is your mindset? How do you stay motivated?

>> No.1137009

>>1136997
> Concentrate
> Set short term goals
> Set long term goals
> Checklists
> More checklists
> Actually start on those checklists
> Do the biggest tasks when you have the most energy
> Save shitty monotonous tasks for when you have no energy
> Get off of 4chan
> Block 4chan during your most productive hours
> No serious, get the fuck off of this site

>> No.1137225
File: 99 KB, 908x714, wojak mask.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1137009
> Get off of 4chan
> Block 4chan during your most productive hours
> No serious, get the fuck off of this site

THIS
H
I
S

>> No.1137238

it is literally just about finding something you enjoy. think about playing a video game you enjoyed, you always wanted to find the most efficient and best way to play it, if it was online you always wanted to have the best score or whatever. if you can turn your work into something like that , then it's easy to excel

>> No.1137424

>>1137009
>>1137225
THIS.

QUIT THIS FUCKIBG SHITTY WEBSITE

IT'S RUINUNG MY LIFE REEEE

>> No.1137436

>>1136997
Think of yourself as a video game character in 3rd person.

Or even better. Look in the future and think about what your future self would think about your former self. Don't disappoint yourself.